Page 239 of 333 FirstFirst ... 237238239240241 ... LastLast
Results 2,857 to 2,868 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Casey Hampton was almost as bad as Ma'ake was this year, no thanks, way too old anyway. Franklin is too old for my liking. Pat Sims could be an interesting one. Age is still on his side. I think he's a little undersized for a NT in our scheme.

Terence Knighton is still my guy though.

EDIT

Ok Pat Sims is listed at 335 lbs, I take the "undersized" bit back.
    Yea Pat Sims is a load, i think he could be had fairly on the cheap and Cincy has alot of depth at DT so they may not want to pay anymore money at that spot. Just a guy to keep an eye on later in free agency after that first wave.

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

The dude had 12 tackles and no sacks this year, and is on the wrong side of 30, he had by far his worst year as a pro. I would hate it if we signed him.
    using stats as a nose tackle argument? Really?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post

Yea Pat Sims is a load, i think he could be had fairly on the cheap and Cincy has alot of depth at DT so they may not want to pay anymore money at that spot. Just a guy to keep an eye on later in free agency after that first wave.
    I would be down for Pat Sims.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I'd rather have a weed smoker than a drunk anyday..........
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

http://t.co/HUCHarwG

Alec Ogletee charged with DUI. Will he fall now?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    http://t.co/HUCHarwG

Alec Ogletee charged with DUI. Will he fall now?
    Once is a fluke.
    Twice is a trend.
    Three times is behavioral.

He'll probably fall a bit.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    using stats as a nose tackle argument? Really?
    Well everyone may like to throw the whole "nose tackles don't make the stats sheet" but thats nonsense in todays league. Compared to his last years, Hampton has fell off a cliff statistically, he used to generate 4 or 5 sacks per year at times. His grading on PFF is -9.4, what makes him worth signing?

For example, Vince Wilfok had 34 tackles, and 3 sacks this year, and that was classed as a down year for him. Its not like nose guard never make the stat sheet, that's just not the case anymore. We're going by past reputation here with Hampton.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 02-17-2013 at 02:26 AM.

Blog Entries

Alec Ogletree will go in the second rounds anyway, I've watched his tape, he isn't all that he's hyped up to be. Speedy athletic guy who can cover well, but his tackling and shedding blocks leaves a lot left to be desired.

Well everyone may like to throw the whole "nose tackles don't make the stats sheet" but thats nonsense in todays league. Compared to his last years, Hampton has fell off a cliff statistically, he used to generate 4 or 5 sacks per year at times. His grading on PFF is -9.4, what makes him worth signing?

For example, Vince Wilfok had 34 tackles, and 3 sacks this year, and that was classed as a down year for him. Its not like nose guard never make the stat sheet, that's just not the case anymore. We're going by past reputation here with Hampton.
    You checked any other of his years? There is ot one he has a positive grade in. He also has had five sacks in the last 5 years. He's had 9 sacks in 11 years, where the hell did you did you get 4 or 5 a year from? At least get your facts right if your going to be using stats to try and back up an argument.

I'm not sharing I want him, frankly I don't, but some of the shit in come out with his ridiculous.

Hampton and codys job is two eat up two blockers and hold the line, push the pocket if your lucky, allowing everyone else to do their job. Even comparing them to wilfork is a joke, that's not his role. He's their main vocal point like ngata is ours. I wouldn't care if Cody never had a tackle Ll year as long as held point at the Los and occupied two blockers. That's a nose tackles job. Keep linebackers clean and don't create a hole for a runner to dance through.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    You checked any other of his years? There is ot one he has a positive grade in. He also has had five sacks in the last 5 years. He's had 9 sacks in 11 years, where the hell did you did you get 4 or 5 a year from? At least get your facts right if your going to be using stats to try and back up an argument.

I'm not sharing I want him, frankly I don't, but some of the shit in come out with his ridiculous.

Hampton and codys job is two eat up two blockers and hold the line, push the pocket if your lucky, allowing everyone else to do their job. Even comparing them to wilfork is a joke, that's not his role. He's their main vocal point like ngata is ours. I wouldn't care if Cody never had a tackleLlyear as long as held point at the Los and occupied two blockers. That's a nose tackles job. Keep linebackers clean and don't create a hole for a runner tor dance through.
    Alright calm down, was pribably getting him mixed up with wilfolk for sacks. His tackle count was still higher in years past. I still think its a better idea to go younger and get a young NT if the FO dont trust Cody.

Alright calm down, was pribably getting him mixed up with wilfolk for sacks. His tackle count was still higher in years past. I still think its a better idea to go younger and get a young NT if the FO dont trust Cody.
    He had like 5 fewer overall tackles than his career average.

I agree that I'd prefer a younger guy and I think we'd all prefer younger guys at every position...but sometimes that may not be an option in UFA. You can find a young guy in the draft and still get a vet to be a rotation guy.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Again, stats is the worst metric to use when evaluating a nose tackle.