Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco vs Ryan

1. Re: Flacco vs Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Bleed, my point is to understand a QB within the context of the entire team i.e. looking at the totality of their performance.

Whats truly incredible is that you have such a hard time with that concept (and seem to be the only person on the board with that issue).
    Maybe its because Joe hasn't really looked too great in the Playoffs, and he has arguably the best defense in the league since he's been here. That's not even my point, scratch that, forget i said that.

How about the feel on this board that people want Ryan to fail, Could you honestly tell me you don't get that feel?

That is what i have a problem with.

What i'm saying is I root for Ryan, i like the kid, he's a hell of a kid. I enjoy it when good people succeed, IDK maybe i expect the same from some people on here, that is my problem.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Re: Flacco vs Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Who's pissing on Ryan bleed?

Most of us are simply pointing out the flaws in the arguments of his ardent supporters. Some of us are expressing schadenfreude at his losing because we're tired of hearing how great he is while Flacco does EXACTLY THE SAME THINGS against BETTER DEFENSES with LESS WEAPONS year in and year out yet somehow Joe gets shit on constantly by the media, the NFL fanbases, and BALTIMORE FANS.

But none of that is pissing on Ryan. Comparing Joe favorably to Ryan isn't pissing on him. Saying Joe is better than him isn't pissing on him.
    :word Nobody is here losing sleep over the "oft-debated" Flacco vs Ryan argument, we're comparing two young QB's, talking about football on a football board, no need to exaggerate it to something its not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    :word

The people that root against Ryan on this board need a reality check. Joe has not looked like superman in the playoffs to be fair.

You don't have to root against Ryan, and its pretty fucking sad if you do. They both are allowed to do good, one doesn't' have to suck for the other to look good...

He looked bad today, but it doesn't change the fact that some people on this board actually root against him. It's weird.
    Bleed, it's not weird at all. IIRC Ozzie tried to trade up (2008 draft) to select Ryan, but the Falcons picked him #3. Same year Ravens picked Flacco @ #18. So it is natural to compare their careers. Ravens fans also resent Ryan because the media tried to push him down our throats ("Matty Ice"). Meanwhile they love to point out Joe's failings... Bc

Joe was our best player in both the Mia and KC playoff games. The rest he's been avg to bad. Ryan has been shit in all 3 of his playoff games. In the end it's no contest. Joe Cool>Matty Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Bleed, it's not weird at all. IIRC Ozzie tried to trade up (2008 draft) to select Ryan, but the Falcons picked him #3. Same year Ravens picked Flacco @ #18. So it is natural to compare their careers. Ravens fans also resent Ryan because the media tried to push him down our throats ("Matty Ice"). Meanwhile they love to point out Joe's failings... Bc
    Exactly.

6. Re: Flacco vs Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Great points BC... and i love that you're honest about the clear resentment, instead of acting like it doesn't exist like Justlovemybirds does.

Maybe its just me, i don't see a need for it, but whoever says there isn't a resentment for Ryan around these parts is Lying.

Thanks for being honest.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Great points BC... and i love that you're honest about the clear resentment, instead of acting like it doesn't exist like Justlovemybirds does.

Maybe its just me, i don't see a need for it, but whoever says there isn't a resentment for Ryan around these parts is Lying.

Thanks for being honest.
    i hate him, well not him, i hate that hes threw down our throats by the media, hes overrated by the media... he could very well be better than joe, but the gap isnt as much as the talking heads think. i have noting agaisnt him personally, and i think every one else in this thread would agree with that.

When Ryan sucks its up, were all glad becuase we would love to see these "experts" eat crow and maybe bring them back down to earth. They have favourites, Ryan, Tebow, Troy P, etc and then they just have people they hate and bash such as flacco... So its more a piss on the experts when ryan does bad than piss on ryan, for me any ways, but i think thats how every one would feel

Blog Entries

Joe beat Piss twice this year and once last year and twice more if someone
    had seen TP sneaking up the line in Bmore and Webb doesn't get fooled
    on 3rd and 19 in Piss last year.

Can't blame Joe for those blunders especially after Boldin drops a TD on
    the goal line, and TJ drops one and a TD is taken off the board over a
    bull shit penalty which always happens us up there.

That's 14 more points Joe should have had and that wins it plus the
    TD taken off the board.

And does everyone forget Ravens went to championship game in 08
    with a rookie head coach and a rookie QB and just missed the SB
    by 4 minutes?

Joe moves the ball down field and a stupid penalty by a Raven out of
    bounds takes the ball all the way back.

Game over.

And during that PO season Joe moves the ball down field in Tenn hitting
    Heap that set up Stover's winning FG. It was one of the Ravens
    biggest wins in their brief history thanks to Joe, Heap and Stover.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-08-2012 at 07:18 PM.

People complaining that Flacco doesn't have the weapons that Ryan and using that as an excuse for his poor playoff performance are fooling yourselves. Yes, Ryan has Roddy White. No, Julio Jones doesn't count as much of an offensive weapon...he's a rookie and he's looked solid but nothing special this year. Tony G has been good but nowhere near as dominant as he was back when he was actually young with KC. And are people here seriously trying to insinuate that Turner is better than Rice? Cause ... um ... no.

The Ravens have won their post-season games with Flacco thanks to dominating defense and great running. He's had one great game vs. KC, and as a result, we killed that team...pounded in every phase of the game. Other than that, he's at best been mediocre and has enough weapons that trying to use it as an excuse for his play is laughable.

Neither look like elite QBs. But stop trying to convince people that Flacco's so awesome in the post-season cause he's 4-3. Last time I checked, this is a team game, and just cause a guy quarterbacks a team to a win doesn't mean he's a great QB, or better than another QB that hasn't quarterbacked his team to a win.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

OK, but when has Flacco ever out up a gooseegg in the playoffs?

Blog Entries

Julio doesn't count cause he's a rookie?

That's non-sense. He had 959 yards as a rookie.

That makes him a damn good weapon along with White and G
    and of course, he only gets better.

www.nfl.com/players

Blog Entries

Guys, we are not trying to say that Flacco has been great. We are trying to say that even the few games where Flacco has played well (KC, Miami, Tenn where he at least led the game winning drive), far exceed anything that Ryan has put forth in the playoffs. Against Arizona, he threw the fourth quarter pick. Versus Green Bay, his pick six sealed the game at halftime, at halftime. Today, their offense couldn't score a point.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore