Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jaws' film room

Re: Jaws' film room

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    When Flacco lobbies for the ball in his hands more, I think this is exactly what he is talking about. He wants 2/3 RZ downs to be passing attempts, not rushing attempts. I think he gets over 32TD's this year.
    I would love to see him get there, but no Cam Cameron quarterback has ever thrown for more than 27 TDs. That could always change.

I don't know about 2/3rds of downs being passing downs, but even passing more on 1st down (instead of running the ball over 90% of the time) would probably really improve this offense overall, red zone included.

Blog Entries

I don't think it's even close to being true that we run the ball on first downs 90 % of the time.

3. Re: Jaws' film room

Rebroadcast on ESPN2 @ 9pm monday night. followed at 9:30 by the Ravens 2011 yearbook. Set your DVR's.

Blog Entries

Can anyone please summarize?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Can anyone please summarize?
    Strongest arm in the league; showed him making some money throws and spent time reviewing some plays asking Flacco what his reads were. Very complimentary.

Flacco was not shy about saying he wants to air it out more

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I was shocked that Flacco's signature drive to date, the 90+ yards on Piss in Piss of course, was not featured a little bit more. Like, play by play down the field. I would have loved to have been inside his head for that drive.

It seems that the writing is on the wall.
    Joe will get his contract before or during this season. But if he under performs, I don't see how the FO keeps Cammie on for 2013.

Sent from my G3 using Tapatalk 2
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    It seems that the writing is on the wall.
    Joe will get his contract before or during this season. But if he under performs, I don't see how the FO keeps Cammie on for 2013.

This is Cam's second straight bonus year. Two years ago I'm sure we would've fired him if it wasn't for the lockout (didn't want the O to have to learn a new system in such a short period of time) and this year I'm sure we would've fired him had Pagano not gotten the Colts job (didn't want two new coordinators in one year). If the offense underperforms again (we certainly have the pieces) I can't see how he wouldn't be gone

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    This is Cam's second straight bonus year. Two years ago I'm sure we would've fired him if it wasn't for the lockout (didn't want the O to have to learn a new system in such a short period of time) and this year I'm sure we would've fired him had Pagano not gotten the Colts job (didn't want two new coordinators in one year). If the offense underperforms again (we certainly have the pieces) I can't see how he wouldn't be gone
    Completely agree...and would add for this year, changing out the OC in your franchise QBs contract year was another no-go reason; much more so (looking ahead now) then changing OCs the season after paying that same QB $80-95M.

"The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Joe's contract will be for at least 8 more years beyond this year for $120M+

He could get over $60M in three years by just letting the Ravens franchise him for the next three years (2013, 14 and 15)

Completely agree...and would add for this year, changing out the OC in your franchise QBs contract year was another no-go reason; much more so (looking ahead now) then changing OCs the season after paying that same QB $80-95M.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Joe's contract will be for at least 8 more years beyond this year for $120M+

He could get over $60M in three years by just letting the Ravens franchise him for the next three years (2013, 14 and 15)
    Can't argue...so I think we have the extreme range covered, and if $120M is what the parties are talking about then that's more incentive to move on from Cammie, if our offense underperforms again.

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Harbs wants to run this type offense; it's not all on Cam. He wants ball control, physical football.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!