Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Way Too Early 2013 Draft/FA Thread: Fixing the Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Chiefs waived Stanford Routt. Any interest?
    Well he has been pretty awful for them... so no. Not really.

Blog Entries

No interest in Stanford Routt at all. I'd rather see Chykie Brown and/or Asa Jackson out there.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

srobert:

What are your thoughts on Zeke Motta and Zack Martin?

I like Zeke Motta. I think he's pretty underrated. I dont know that I'd spend a high draft pick on him, but as a depth safety/ST's guy I think he could be pretty interesting.

Regarding Zack Martin: I like him a lot too. I think he's a pretty solid left tackle for the Irish, but I don't know that he could play LT in the pros. If the Ravens move KO over to LT then Martin may not be a bad option to compete for LG/RT.

ND has a lot of nice players.

Obviously, I'd LOVE to see Tyler Eiffert on the Ravens squad. I love Pitta, but Eiffert is every bit of the receiver that guys like Gronkowski are. Plus, Eiffert is a good blocker as well. His game reminds me a lot of Jason Witten.

Anyone think Kevin Minter will declare? I think he would be a great fit in our 3-4 Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm not quite sure why you'd consider Connor Barwin an "under the radar" player.

IMO, he is likely to be the top 3-4 player available next spring if the Texans don't re-sign him.
    Nobody is really talking about him. But you're probably right. He's going to go quickly and get paid.

6. Re: Way Too Early 2013 Draft/FA Thread: Fixing the Defense

What do you guys think about C.J. Mosley? He's Saban's replacement for for Courtney Upshaw. I can't say the Alabama defense has suffered.

Walterfootball has us using the 27th pick in the draft on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Poester View Post
    What do you guys think about C.J. Mosley? He's Saban's replacement for for Courtney Upshaw. I can't say the Alabama defense has suffered.

We discussed him earlier in this thread...I am a HUGE fan.

BTW...he is a FAR different player than Upshaw. He was in no way Upshaw's replacement. Upshaw is a OLB/DE and Mosely is an ILB and specializes in pass coverage.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    We discussed him earlier in this thread...I am a HUGE fan.

BTW...he is a FAR different player than Upshaw. He was in no way Upshaw's replacement. Upshaw is a OLB/DE and Mosely is an ILB and specializes in pass coverage.
    :word to the :word

Mosley, IMO, should be in the top 5 "desired" prospects for Baltimore next year. Great fit for this defense. Completely different type of player than what they currently have at ILB and has exponentially more upside than guys like Ellerbe and McClain.

Blog Entries

Don't understand all the hype around Connor Bawrin here. He's had like two sacks this year, he isn't going to be a huge sought after guy like Mario Williams was. Bawrin will probably be signed to a fair deal somewhere like Indianapolis who are building up their new 3-4 defensive system.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poester View Post

Alabama are running more of a 4-3 scheme this season, and Moseley is playing a mix of ILB and OLB, he is playing a totally different role to what Upshaw played on that defense, Upshaw was a 3-4 OLB/DE as woodlawn pointed out. CJ Moseley is best suited in a 4-3 scheme as either a MLB or probably better placed at strong side LB. He could be a good fit in a 3-4 scheme too, but I think he needs to bulk up a little to play ILB in our defense. Manti Teo is a much better natural fit for us, problem is he's going to be gone somewhere before the 15th pick.

Blog Entries

Yeah, barwin was good last year, but seems to have fallen off this year, especially in the pass rushing department. Not sure why.

Any interest in Stanford Routt?