Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Madden: initial thoughts.

Ok, so you can edit the rosters, but only in offline mode. So, if you're going to play in an online league the standard rosters are what you have and thats it. No uploading customized rosters.

Im really bummed about the import/export draft classes from NCAA, but the game play is effing phenomenal.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Madden: initial thoughts.

So Madden (online) are putting out what the current starting players for each team are right? Or are they just guessing? Would hate to play with a incorrect starting team.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Ah, RATS, wicked!

I was gonna reply to your thread title with, "Not a bad coach in his time, decent announcer, then lost it." ;)

4. Re: Madden: initial thoughts.

I haven't gotten the game yet and probably won't for some time, but glad to see it's improved. I still thought ESPN 2K5 was better than Madden 12 so hopefully they did make that big jump.

On a side note I saw the ratings and of course, the players for us are ranked too low. Flacco, to me, is pretty fair at an 88 but Schaub and Ryan over him? Leach should be better than a 92. He's only 1 up on Greg Jones. This dude is far and away the best FB in the game. The WR's are whacked out too. Torrey Smith only an 80? Whaaaa? If you're going to have AJ Green at an 89, Torrey's got to be at least an 85. Statistically he was right there with Green last year and he didn't even get much action and targets in the first two games. Dickson and Pitta are tremendously low! Pitta, just a 74? I thought they really scummed us there. I haven't seen the OL ratings but they're probably botched too. I thought Cody would be a heck of a lot higher than 77. McPhee and Jones should be higher as well. Can't argue too much about the LB corps except that Suggs should be higher than Ware just based on that he can do it all as an OLB IMO. I'm ticked as well about Pollard and Cary Williams, both have to be considerably higher than 78 and 80 respectively. All in all, the rating are quite dreadful which is probably the main reason why we are 5 percent lower as a team than Pittsburgh which again is just hilarious. Sorry, just had to vent LOL.

I read the new engine improved gameplay a lot, I was so underwhelmed with the last one I completely forgot about the new Madden until yesterday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    I haven't gotten the game yet and probably won't for some time, but glad to see it's improved. I still thought ESPN 2K5 was better than Madden 12 so hopefully they did make that big jump.

On a side note I saw the ratings and of course, the players for us are ranked too low. Flacco, to me, is pretty fair at an 88 but Schaub and Ryan over him? Leach should be better than a 92. He's only 1 up on Greg Jones. This dude is far and away the best FB in the game. The WR's are whacked out too. Torrey Smith only an 80? Whaaaa? If you're going to have AJ Green at an 89, Torrey's got to be at least an 85. Statistically he was right there with Green last year and he didn't even get much action and targets in the first two games. Dickson and Pitta are tremendously low! Pitta, just a 74? I thought they really scummed us there. I haven't seen the OL ratings but they're probably botched too. I thought Cody would be a heck of a lot higher than 77. McPhee and Jones should be higher as well. Can't argue too much about the LB corps except that Suggs should be higher than Ware just based on that he can do it all as an OLB IMO. I'm ticked as well about Pollard and Cary Williams, both have to be considerably higher than 78 and 80 respectively. All in all, the rating are quite dreadful which is probably the main reason why we are 5 percent lower as a team than Pittsburgh which again is just hilarious. Sorry, just had to vent LOL.
    Wow...that alone makes me not even want to go get it now. Especially after your last sentence.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

I'm getting it for the first time in three years or so. I played the demo and it is sick. The best one yet to me. I like the technology of the engine. Every tackle and catch seem to take a life of their own. I'm not worried about the ratings since you usually can adjust them plus there are updates pretty often to correct these errors in ratings.

Also I started a thread on Madden 13, but nobody saw it in the video game thread. That place is dead most times.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I read the new engine improved gameplay a lot, I was so underwhelmed with the last one I completely forgot about the new Madden until yesterday.
    Ditto, by far my least played version since 98 when i first started getting them. It actually soured me so much ill probably wait to get a used version this year.
    -JAB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post

Wow...that alone makes me not even want to go get it now. Especially after your last sentence.
    The ratings are kind of out of whack, but you can change them and they are relative. I think the highest rated player is mjd, so its not like they screwed the ravens and no one else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The ratings are kind of out of whack, but you can change them and they are relative. I think the highest rated player is mjd, so its not like they screwed the ravens and no one else.
    I downloaded and played the demo and liked it. I'll probably get it this weekend, this is the first year I didn't get it on release day because of the changes you mentioned and the ratings.

It's time for 2K to get back in the mix. They absolutely kill EA in NBA2k vs Live.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

I downloaded and played the demo and liked it. I'll probably get it this weekend, this is the first year I didn't get it on release day because of the changes you mentioned and the ratings.

It's time for 2K to get back in the mix. They absolutely kill EA in NBA2k vs Live.
    The NFL signed an exclusive deal with EA. It expires next year but EA already said that its too important not to renew. EA has already seen how 2k can wipe them out because of what's happened with their basketball game. No way they play fair and don't psy up for that exclusive license with the NFL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The NFL signed an exclusive deal with EA. It expires next year but EA already said that its too important not to renew. EA has already seen how 2k can wipe them out because of what's happened with their basketball game. No way they play fair and don't psy up for that exclusive license with the NFL.
    It's true.

A buddy of mine works for Gamefly and he said that there is almost no way that they don't renew their deal with the NFL, but apparently the NFL is also taking into consideration how much money they'd make if they allowed for 2K to have a deal with the NFL as well. So, it's not set in stone and it may be another year or two before EA is able toget another exclusive rights deal.

I will say though that as I am playing, the ratings almost don't even matter so much because of the game play. I started a franchise and when you play well you get XP (experience points), which you can use to bump up the stats of that player periodically throughout the season. So, for example, if Ray Rice's speed rating I think is a 91 or 92 and you have a couple of good games with him you could probably bump it up to a 93 or 94 by the end of the season. Frankly, I like that because it adds another element of trying to put your young players out there and get them involved in game plans and experience. I thought they rated KO extremely low.