Falcons Hire Petrino as Head Coach

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...ports-football

Louisville coach Bobby Petrino agreed Sunday to become the new coach of the Atlanta Falcons, moving to the NFL less than a week after Jim Mora's firing.

Petrino joins the Falcons after guiding Louisville to a 12-1 season, capped by a 24-13 victory over Wake Forest on Tuesday night in the Orange Bowl.

One less team to go after Rex Ryan or any other coach on Billicks staff.
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

Re: Falcons Hire Petrino as Head Coach

The deeper in the play offs we go the longer before anyone can talk to Rex

Good news. Also saw the Cleveland is keeping Romeo. CLE & NYG were the two spots that worried me most. I guess we will find out soon about Coughlin after their quick exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jggjaron View Post
    The deeper in the play offs we go the longer before anyone can talk to Rex
    If anyone wanted to talk to Rex they would have asked permission to do so last week, to the best of my knowledge no-one did. That in stark contrast to SD's offensive coordinator Cam Cameron who was supposed to be interviewing for the Arizona job on Friday, was approached by Atlanta and Miami and apparently turned down the Oakland job.

As I expected, no-one was interested in Rex, next year for him maybe.

Miami seems to be interested in Rex. It does not help that Cam Cameron turned down their interview, because that just pushes Rex up on the list. Another job to worry about is the Raiders job, although Al Davis may want an offensive guy for that job, plus they are interviewing Rex's brother for that job.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Rex has a good gig where he is. I hope he has enough sense not to go to OAK, or ARI, or one of the other franchises (CLE, ATL come to mind) where decent HC's go to ruin their careers.

Cowher -> MIA is my guess. It would be a good fit, a proven disciplinarian/player's coach with a good reputation in a market with money but not many studs on the field to fill the stands. He never said he wouldn't coach this coming year, after all. . .
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

7. Re: Falcons Hire Petrino as Head Coach

Yet another coach saying he is not going anywhere only to go somewhere else.
    Congress really needs to go after the NCAA's tax exempt status. They are worse then the mafia.

As for Rex- If he is anything like his father,he may not be HC material. Just because he can coach em up on D doesn't make him a good HC.