Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: UH-OH: Ron "Old Man" Winter has the call on Sunday

I don't know how Ron Winter is still even a referee, he has to be least rated referee ever. Didn't they implement a system where if they got poor enough grades they'd be removed? Not sure how he's still around, there's even a facebook group that I joined years ago detailing the many failures of Ron Winter.

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    I don't know how Ron Winter is still even a referee, he has to be least rated referee ever. Didn't they implement a system where if they got poor enough grades they'd be removed? Not sure how he's still around, there's even a facebook group that I joined years ago detailing the many failures of Ron Winter.
    Ron Winters and Bill Leavy are proof that there really is no accountability for referees in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Ron Winters and Bill Leavy are proof that there really is no accountability for referees in the NFL.
    The Sunday night game in Washington still boggles the mind. No measurement on an obvious close enough play to measure. Winter stands there and holds up 3 fingers for third down and watches as the chain gang moves the mark forward for first down.. and does NOTHING. It was like he had a hooker waiting for him in the dressing room.

Then he goes under the hood after watching Green Ellis clearly not score for the Bengals and rules it a TD a week later? The guy should have been suspended for the rest of the season. His calls reek of game fixing/gambling.

I was at that 2009 regular season Patriots game. What I remember is the blatant deference given to the Patriots by the officials.

Asked his biggest gripe, Reed said: "It just felt like everything was kind of all over again. You hate to come into a game where you have to play against a team and the officials.
    Reed was spot on regarding that game. I can't remember the exact details, but I remember at one point, Brady had gone over towards the sideline to get instructions from Belichick for an upcoming play (maybe the headset wasn't working) and Winters just stops the play clock. Just stops it at about 10 seconds.

Ummmm...I was like, "WTF?!?!?!". Then, after briefly chatting, Brady comes back to the huddle and Winter says something to Brady ("You all set now, Tom?"), pumps the play clock up to :25 and restarts it. I remember looking at the Ravens sideline and seeing Harbaugh going absolutely ballistic. The only time that I can recall him acting like his younger brother (with good reason, imho).

Wasn't that also the game where Mason got an offensive PI for "running into a defender" and then Welker did the exact same thing to Chris Carr and Chris got called for PI?

I am not usually one to complain about the officiating...but that one game it was blatantly obvious that the officials were giving the Patriots a lot more leeway in terms of how they were calling the game.

And I will say, with the consistent success of the Ravens over the past few years, and winning the Super Bowl, they now too seem to get the benefit of the doubt on calls from the officials. Not saying that makes it right (it doesn't), but I don't think the officials will - intentionally - call the game in the Patriots favor this Sunday.
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 12-20-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    The Sunday night game in Washington still boggles the mind. No measurement on an obvious close enough play to measure. Winter stands there and holds up 3 fingers for third down and watches as the chain gang moves the mark forward for first down.. and does NOTHING. It was like he had a hooker waiting for him in the dressing room.

Then he goes under the hood after watching Green Ellis clearly not score for the Bengals and rules it a TD a week later? The guy should have been suspended for the rest of the season. His calls reek of game fixing/gambling.
    Winters wasn't the one working the Giants/Redskins. I can't remember his name off the top of my head, but it wasn't Winters.

EDIT: Jeff Triplett worked the Giants/Redskins.

Unfortunately, there's a chance each week to have to beat the other team AND those calling it. While our "Cardiac Crows" haven't allowed a breath until game's end recently, for this week suggest adopting the mantra "Run it up Herman... LEAVE NO DOUBT!"

Oh God......welp, guess we're just gonna have to give it to Joe from the very beginning of the game and hope we can run it down their throats and bomb it down the field for about three or four scores as quickly as possible so that blind old man can't screw us over.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvensfan52 View Post
    always my #1 hated ref crew. he also did the atlanta game in atlanta - where roddy pushed off for the GW TD. my top 4 most hated crews are his, tripplette's, cheffers', & blakeman's & we are 4-0 when those 3 ref ravens games this season.
    Every ref crew is at #1 on my most-hated list.

Figures we'd get Winter this game, he'll be suxing Brady's **** all day long!!!

I remember that Pats game here at home, 2007 late in the season against the Pats and their "perfect" season run.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Ne...atriots_season

LOL Bart Scott chucking the ref's flag. It's funny now but, man I was pissed at that game too. Guess who ref'd that one? Walt Anderson.

I suspect we didn't get the Sunday Night game because the NFL didn't want to expose this crew in a national game. Easier to cover up their ineptitude and bias.

Blog Entries

Look at the bright side--considering today's weather, he'll be the only thing in the vicinity other than the calendar that bears any resemblance to Winter...:D