Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Will JO be inducted into the Hall of Fame Tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Was it him who also doubled as a CB?

Maybe I'm thinking of TROY Brown?
    Yep, that's him. Now, if Troy Brown gets into Canton before Tim Brown, I'm boycotting it for life. Of course, he did "win" 3 Super Bowls...

Not true...they only have 5 selections, and there are 3 very deserving OL in Ogden, Shields, and Allen. Not likely they put all 3 in, and all 3 are guys who should be in the Hall at some point.
    That's a fair point. I guess I am just biased. I do not see 5 other guys more deserving than JO up for election. In a perfect world the 5 most deserving get in regardless of position. Its hard to make a case JO would not be one of those 5 IMO. That said I totally get what your saying, reality dictates they will be unlikely to elect all 3
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I want JO to get in this year, but someone made a fair point...the people who have votes don't care about 1st year, 2nd year, etc. They are just looking for the "top 5" guys that make sense to go in.

If I had to write down a guess...

Strahan, JO, Bettis, Shields, Parcells
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I want JO to get in this year, but someone made a fair point...the people who have votes don't care about 1st year, 2nd year, etc. They are just looking for the "top 5" guys that make sense to go in.

When I was looking at those names you have going in with JO for some reason I found myself wondering who Ray would end up going in with. First thought was if Ed Reed changed his mind and retired if the Ravens won he would go 1st ballot with Ray. The thought then occurred to me that perhaps Ed would want to play one more year to NOT go in at the same time as Ray. I really do not mean this in a negative way. Just thinking that through his whole career Ed has shared the spotlight with or some might argue kinda had to stand in the shadow of one of the greatest ever to play. I could not blame Ed if he would prefer to go in a year later. Not saying that he would play simply for that reason but wondering if it could be a factor?
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

In my opinion, Larry Allen gets in ahead of all these guys, though with JO its close.

And I don't see how Bettis could get in ahead of most of the guys who are eligible, but one never knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    In my opinion, Larry Allen gets in ahead of all these guys, though with JO its close.

And I don't see how Bettis could get in ahead of most of the guys who are eligible, but one never knows.

Yeah, My opinion is that Larry Allen is BY FAR the best finalist... He is IMO the best Olinemen of all-time and one of the top 10 players in NFL history t any position.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    When I was looking at those names you have going in with JO for some reason I found myself wondering who Ray would end up going in with. First thought was if Ed Reed changed his mind and retired if the Ravens won he would go 1st ballot with Ray. The thought then occurred to me that perhaps Ed would want to play one more year to NOT go in at the same time as Ray. I really do not mean this in a negative way. Just thinking that through his whole career Ed has shared the spotlight with or some might argue kinda had to stand in the shadow of one of the greatest ever to play. I could not blame Ed if he would prefer to go in a year later. Not saying that he would play simply for that reason but wondering if it could be a factor?
    The biggest name Ray will go in with in Tony Gonzalez.

Can't see Art getting in this year but, thankfully, it won't because of past reasons.

This year will be as GOTA pointed out a numbers game.

Jamison Hensley just tweeted to not expect Modell to get in this year. I'm guessing he's saying that with some inside info provided.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Art modell not making the hall of fame I'm told jonathan ogden has made the cut to the final round per a source with knowledge of balloting

Just got the text Art did not make it.

The HOF is a joke.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

iggyman555 Guest

fucking bullshit...tomorrow is for ART and RAY!