Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: Ozzie isn't rebuilding this team, he's upgrading the defense.

Our biggest weakness last year was the d line and we upgraded it. A strong line helps keep linebackers clean and makes them look better. We now have the best pair of pass rushers we've had since Boulware lined up with Suggs. I really believe between digs and Thompson we're good at SS. McClellan I think will seize one of the starting ilb jobs. FS and Lb are deep in this draft. I think we're in decent shape.

Blog Entries

I mocking myself... goddamn fool. Mods, arrest me!

LOL. Yea, it's pretty hard on this board to say anything other than, 'Ozzie rules bros!,'. I mean look at this thread. You've got guys throwing the word, 'immature' around as if sardonically chortling with other long-standing chortlers about someone's opinion ISN'T immature. Whether or not you call it slobbering, it's pretty over the top sometimes and I think it's pretty immature not to acknowledge that. I've seen very little posts that have actually said, 'Oh God guys, the sky is falling!1!1!,' and way more posts akin to Haloti92's actually intelligently putting forth issues of concern. Even saying the FO got lucky with the Dumervil debacle gets laughed at because somehow Oz and Co. KNEW that fax machine was gonna go up in smoke and we were just waiting to pounce. I don't wanna hear the 'creating your own luck,' BS because that's what it is. If things had gone to plan and we'd have gotten Osi Umenyiora or James Harrison (who plenty have said they really didn't want) this thread would STILL have been created about how awesome Ozzie is and this was exactly how he planned it and created his own luck and all that and people in here 'whining' (your words, people) about it would be told to kick rocks or pound sand depending on which part of Baltimore they're from because we're stupid, immature ingrates and Oz is a wizard. This thread is like every other FO thread and no other posts besides, 'This-is-awesome *clap, clap, clapclapclap* would be tolerated. It surely was skillful that they offered enough to sway him but not enough to break our backs (at least this year) and that is certainly true. It's also true that the FO on the whole deserves the benefit of the doubt more often than not. The other stuff though, eh....it's not cool. I mean I get that Steve Flacco posts here, but really? :p

Think about what your post is complaining about. You get a lot of dissent when you try to complain about our FO because people like me get to point out how successful it has been. What a problem to have.

I wonder what Cleveland fans would give to be have a problem like that.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Think about what your post is complaining about. You get a lot of dissent when you try to complain about our FO because people like me get to point out how successful it has been. What a problem to have.

I wonder what Cleveland fans would give to be have a problem like that.
    Don't people like you also point out (incessantly) that it's not what you did in the past, but what you're doing/going to do in the future? Oh wait, that's just reserved for when we're rationalizing letting a fave player go. I wonder what Cleveland fans would do to have reliable plumbing? Doesn't make my shower any hotter.

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    LOL. Yea, it's pretty hard on this board to say anything other than, 'Ozzie rules bros!,'. I mean look at this thread. You've got guys throwing the word, 'immature' around as if sardonically chortling with other long-standing chortlers about someone's opinion ISN'T immature. Whether or not you call it slobbering, it's pretty over the top sometimes and I think it's pretty immature not to acknowledge that.
    Feel free to start a thread telling all of us your thoughts on Ozzie. Nobody is stopping you nor will you be censored.

I've seen very little posts that have actually said, 'Oh God guys, the sky is falling!1!1!,' and way more posts akin to Haloti92's actually intelligently putting forth issues of concern.
    I guess you missed the threads that were started right as free agency started. Feel free to read them here, here, here and here.

Even saying the FO got lucky with the Dumervil debacle gets laughed at because somehow Oz and Co. KNEW that fax machine was gonna go up in smoke and we were just waiting to pounce.
    Please show me where anyone made such a claim. Is your lack of accurate characterization deliberate?

I don't wanna hear the 'creating your own luck,' BS because that's what it is. If things had gone to plan and we'd have gotten Osi Umenyiora or James Harrison (who plenty have said they really didn't want) this thread would STILL have been created about how awesome Ozzie is and this was exactly how he planned it and created his own luck and all that and people in here 'whining' (your words, people) about it would be told to kick rocks or pound sand depending on which part of Baltimore they're from because we're stupid, immature ingrates and Oz is a wizard. This thread is like every other FO thread and no other posts besides, 'This-is-awesome *clap, clap, clapclapclap* would be tolerated. It surely was skillful that they offered enough to sway him but not enough to break our backs (at least this year) and that is certainly true. It's also true that the FO on the whole deserves the benefit of the doubt more often than not. The other stuff though, eh....it's not cool. I mean I get that Steve Flacco posts here, but really? :p
    Ok. So since us "slobberers" are being called out, I will call you out. Please give us your analysis as to how Ozzie has not done well running this organization.

Not opinion. Tangible, factual reasons please. Because us "slobberers" can and have listed a ream of evidence and facts to support our position, including but not limited to two Lombardi trophies.

LOL. Yea, it's pretty hard on this board to say anything other than, 'Ozzie rules bros!,'
    No, it's not. Posters say it all the time. Some of them even have some legitimate positions and can have rational discourse.
    I've seen very little posts that have actually said, 'Oh God guys, the sky is falling!1!1!,'
    Correct only if you are actually looking for those words, but "disastrous offseason", "gutting the team", "why are we cutting everyone", "Ozzie's throwing next year away", etc. . . those are the "sky is falling"-type posts that are emotionally driven and somewhat irrational.
    ...more posts akin to Haloti92's actually intelligently putting forth issues of concern. Even saying the FO got lucky with the Dumervil debacle gets laughed at because somehow Oz and Co. KNEW that fax machine was gonna go up in smoke and we were just waiting to pounce...
    There are a lot of legitimate concerns brought up by posters, and many of those have logical, rational points to consider. I wish Boldin was still around and wonder if it was the right move. And the fax are (see what I did there?) that Ozzie was really lucky, but he still closed the deal with Dumervil. But I'm fairly certain that there was another plan before Elvis fell into his lap
    ...and people in here 'whining' (your words, people) about it would be told to kick rocks or pound sand...
    I, for one, have never said anyone was whining; I have said that the wringing of hands is humorous and amusing, but those people have a right to say it, no matter how over the top I think they are. I just have the same right to think it's silly.

The great thing about this board is that posters are passionate and knowledgable, and most who post here know that there is a difference between disagreeing with a point and attacking a person. My posts have been opposed at one time or another, but I'm not going to say it's unfair because someone disagrees with me, or even chides me for my position. I'm a big boy and don't take it personally. Just don't tell me it's unfair to disagree with you and point out what I see as flaws in your position. That's how mature discussions go sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Ok. So since us "slobberers" are being called out, I will call you out. Please give us your analysis as to how Ozzie has not done well running this organization.

Not opinion. Tangible, factual reasons please. Because us "slobberers" can and have listed a ream of evidence and facts to support our position, including but not limited to two Lombardi trophies.
    Love it!

It just cracks me up when every reputable source out there talks endlessly about how great a front office we have, yet we have people within our own fanbase who panic and get negative the second they start to see Player A and Player B heading out the door. Every talking head around has prefaced their concerns, however minor or major they may be, with the silver lining of "Well, at the end of the day Ozzie Newsome clearly knows what he is doing". Why are so many of our own fans able to have such a positive appraisal of our situation? That just drives me nuts.

In my opinion, we've had a very good offseason. In today's salary cap era, sometimes not overpaying for a player is the biggest win you can have. We've avoided that mistake with three key players (Reed, Ellerbe, and Kruger). Similarly, we've added three Free Agents to contracts that were nowhere near approaching an overpay. We've also retained four of our lesser-known role players at very team friendly contracts.

So far we are 10-for-10 in actual free agency in my books. Boldin and Pollard were the two that left me a little flustered, but seeing how the roster is developing now makes me feel quite a bit better about their absence.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    . And the fax are (see what I did there?) that Ozzie was really lucky, but he still closed the deal with Dumervil.
    We were really lucky only because we didn't mimic so many other teams by blowing our entire free agency wad on a few first and 2nd day overpays. This "luck" only existed because of discipline, proper player evaluation, and patience.

Blog Entries
    Ozzies track record speaks for itself. I don't get why people get their panties in a bunch. I couldn't imagine these people being browns fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    We were really lucky only because we didn't mimic so many other teams by blowing our entire free agency wad on a few first and 2nd day overpays. This "luck" only existed because of discipline, proper player evaluation, and patience.
    Which is pretty much the Ravens' M.O. in free agency. They just kind of hang back and wait to pounce on the opportunities that come up - because they always do come up. It just happened that this one was a big one, and it was a stroke of luck that made Dumervil available. After years of watching the patience of the Ravens' front office, fans should learn to be patient, too.

Don't people like you also point out (incessantly) that it's not what you did in the past, but what you're doing/going to do in the future? Oh wait, that's just reserved for when we're rationalizing letting a fave player go. .
    Do you think Ozzie's brain is going to give out like Ed's neck or Boldin's speed? Physical talent is fleeting, mental acuity is not. The fact that you'd try to correlate the two shows me that you're more interested in scoring zingers on people on a message board than actually exchanging ideas.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron