Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: "They Hate us!" mode in full swing.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Except that it's completely true and obvious to anyone who looks at things objectively. Go to profootballtalk. Find an article about the Ravens. Read comments.
    This is why we have one of the most insecure fan bases in the league.

If you're looking for validation from a web site comment section then there's no hope for you.

That's more troubling than the fact you can't ascertain simple sarcasm from an obvious parody piece.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post

But if it makes people feel better, consider this. 20 years from now when they do a program about great playoff games of the 21st century, Joe Flacco's name will be prominently mentioned. But no one will remember the names of the pundits and talking heads.
    This how I feel. Talking heads on talk about what needs to be done, Joe can do it. In 20 years ,Flacco will be in the HOF and have a cult following with all his accomplishment. Ypou know, just like the Great John Unitas.

Quote Originally Posted by TCmofo View Post
    He was merely sayin that comments on ESPN aren't worth gettin overly pissed about. I know for a fact Chris Berman and Ron Jaworski are both pro Raven....then you've got guys like Skip Bayless, Merrill Hodge and "Stink" that hate on us. (one a former Steeler, the other a former Bronco)...... not a big deal.
    Actually, Berman is a huge 'niners fan.

"They Hate us!" mode in full swing.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    He's a Bills fan, not a Niners fan.

So much so he was asked to introduce Ralph Wilson at his HoF eduction ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    He made a joke of constantly picking the Niners to win the Super Bowl during their down years, and of course had a lot of fun playing it up when they finally made it, but as stated up thread, dude is dyed in the wool Buffalo fan.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    He made a joke of constantly picking the Niners to win the Super Bowl during their down years, and of course had a lot of fun playing it up when they finally made it, but as stated up thread, dude is dyed in the wool Buffalo fan.
    I know he's a Bill's fan as well, but he's been slobbering all over the 'niners ever since "The catch."

Except that it's completely true and obvious to anyone who looks at things objectively. Go to profootballtalk. Find an article about the Ravens. Read comments.

What are the Ravens odds this year? 30-1? Really?
    30-1 is a fair assessment. Why? Because NFL teams don't win back-to-back titles. Because the Ravens lost their two biggest receiving targets last year and have a lot of questions in the WR department. Because they play in a bad ass division that's tough to win. Because there are a few teams in the AFC that on paper have more talent on the roster. So, yeah, I think 30-1 is reasonable odds for odds makers who are trying to make money. If the odds were 5-2 nobody would bet on them.

Face it - the Ravens had a magical run last year, when everything fell into place. That's usually how Super Bowl winning teams do it and it's extremely difficult to repeat. It's not a matter of disrespect as much as it is a matter of reality. I hope the Ravens win it all again - that would be awesome - but I don't think 30-1 odds are ridiculous at all.
    The Ravens are 9 point underdogs to Denver, really? Even after being double digit dogs to the broncos, patriots, AND 49ers last year?
    Well, this isn't last year. Point spreads are designed to get even money on each side - not to evaluate who is going to win. The bookies don't give a rip about respect and disrespect. They care about making money.

No. It would not have just been "another great play by Manning." It would IMMEDIATELY be heralded as the greatest throw in NFL history. Because that WAS the greatest throw in NFL history. Let's see, I don't need to explain all that was on the line and the magnitude and all that. We all know about that.

Lets talk about the throw itself:

-Avoided the heavy rush coming from two seperate directions

- Threw the ball without being able to step into it

-Had to change the projectile of the pass at the very last split-second because of an approaching rusher with his hands in the air

- ball traveled 59 yards through the -10 degree air

- had a PREPOSTEROUS arc length. The average 59 yard throw will have an arc length of 70 yards. Flacco's pass had an arc length of 85 yards. Because Joe Flacco is a psychopath.

If you watch the behind the bench segment of that game, you'll see three seperate position coaches ALL saying how they thought for sure the ball was going to be short because of how ridiculously high in the air it was. Raheem Moore isn't worthless. He just isn't used to a throw like that, as that's the only throw like that he's ever seen in his life.
    You're absolutely right about this.

I've always thought FLacco has the strongest arm in the league. Yet only gets some respect now because of that throw. Heck Kaep gets all this rage about having the best arm in the league blah blah blah (not saying he doesn't btw). But my point is, Joe will probably ahve to win twice the amount of superbowls Montana has just to get a modicum of respect.

Apart from Joe, it's hard to imagine a QB that could make thatthrow.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

If you're looking for validation from a web site comment section then there's no hope for you.

That's more troubling than the fact you can't ascertain simple sarcasm from an obvious parody piece.
    You know these threads are coming.

There are still thousands of people who don't believe we landed on the moon and that there was a shooter on the grassy knoll.

Furthermore, hilarious to point out the comment sections at PFT...the fan commenters shit on every team after practically every article.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

I never watched the video mentioned in the thread and never commented on it, so you have me confused with someone else.

But the comment section was just an example.

Look at the praise Flacco has gotten after his 11-0 postseason. Okay?

Now close your eyes and imagine how much praise Brady or Manning would've gotten had they done the same thing.

80 percent of the coverage before the Super Bowl last year was horribly negative stuff about Ray Lewis, about his "murders" and about the bogus deer antler stuff that conveniently broke the day after the AFCCG. THIRTEEN YEARS after the murder trial. Roethlisberger went to the Super Bowl in the SAME YEAR he was accused three times of rape, and we heard 25 times more about Ray Lewis's murder case than Roethlisberger's rape stuff.

I'll just keep a bookmark on all the media hate I see, then when I have a compelling case I'll put the evidence down on the table.
    Last edited by PurpleApocalypse37; 09-02-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    There are still thousands of people who don't believe we landed on the moon and that there was a shooter on the grassy knoll.
    Actually, the shooter was in the storm drain below the grassy knoll. That's why JFK's head went back and to the left. I saw it on an X-Files episode and the assassin was The Cigarette Smoking Man when he was much younger.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    30-1 is a fair assessment. Why? Because NFL teams don't win back-to-back titles. Because the Ravens lost their two biggest receiving targets last year and have a lot of questions in the WR department. Because they play in a bad ass division that's tough to win. Because there are a few teams in the AFC that on paper have more talent on the roster. So, yeah, I think 30-1 is reasonable odds for odds makers who are trying to make money. If the odds were 5-2 nobody would bet on them.

Face it - the Ravens had a magical run last year, when everything fell into place. That's usually how Super Bowl winning teams do it and it's extremely difficult to repeat. It's not a matter of disrespect as much as it is a matter of reality. I hope the Ravens win it all again - that would be awesome - but I don't think 30-1 odds are ridiculous at all.Well, this isn't last year. Point spreads are designed to get even money on each side - not to evaluate who is going to win. The bookies don't give a rip about respect and disrespect. They care about making money.
    They didn't have a "magical run." At least not in the way you're suggesting.

If it wasn't for two record-breaking special teams touchdowns and a power outage, they would've won comfortably all 4 games.

FLACCO had a magical postseason, except that it wasn't magical. It was just the status quo for Joe. When you have a quarterback that turns into a fire-breathing dragon with the game on the line, your chances are fucking golden.