Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Cundiff signs with Redskins

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,1921678.story

Well that was quick.

The Redskins cut Neil Rackers...and sign Billy Cundiff...Rackers was 85% last year with the Texans...including 4/5 from 50+...for a guy who was 75% last year and 1/6 from 50+...

I don't get that one. I mean, I'm glad Cundiff is getting another shot somewhere because I definitely thought he'd be sitting a lot longer.

Rackers must literally have NO leg left or something.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Cundiff signs with Redskins

Well, they initially cut Rackers for Gano. Rackers couldn't even beat out Gano.

They cut Gano for Cundiff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Well, they initially cut Rackers for Gano. Rackers couldn't even beat out Gano.

They cut Gano for Cundiff.

:grbac:

Ok.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Well, this seems kinda weird.

I was hoping Billy would latch on somewhere, but the Deadskins??? I hate that franchise...

I don't know whether to wish Billy well ...or wish for him to choke in another big game simply because of the way I feel about that team. Not that the Deadskins are likely to play in many truly big games.

OOOOF Course the Redskins signed a Ravens castoff lol

Blog Entries

I'm just shaking my head at this one.

First off, Neil Rackers is one of the most clutch kickers in the league. Even if his leg is gone, he's better than Cundiff. It would be similar to having Stover, late in his career.

Graham Gano was a guy who, like Wicked, I wanted the Ravens to try and stick with. I would say that he is a better option than Cundiff as well.

I just don't get Washington sometimes. Their defense is just about together, Shanahan is doing his usual routine of taking any random RB and making him work when needed. Robert Griffin III is a good fit for Shanahan's system. They have some decent options at WR. Yet, they get rid of two kickers who many would consider better than Cundiff, for Cundiff.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I wish Billy well, but they had to move on from Gano.

That guy apparently only hit 72% of his kicks over the last 2 seasons.

Surprising that he apparently out kicked Rackers this summer.

Cundiff is def an upgrade over Gano though.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    I don't know whether to wish Billy well ...or wish for him to choke in another big game simply because of the way I feel about that team. Not that the Deadskins are likely to play in many truly big games.
    Here's to hoping he chokes on 12/09/12. I'd prefer it not be close enough to matter, though.

Blog Entries

That just goes to show you how difficult it is to truly find a quality kicker in this league. Look at how many years the Ravens have struggled, as a result of inadequately replacing Matt Stover? Here it is, about four years later, and they are having to go with a rookie.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

FWIW...I really preferred Gano to Hauschka in 09.

Ironically, since we cut Hauschka, he's been pretty solid, making 84% of his kicks for the Seahawks.

Blog Entries

I didnt think it would take long. Hes not as bad as some paint him around here, certainly not worst in the league. if his TC has shown us anything its that he actually improved his leg strength, even if he is still erratic from beyond 50, hes hit more than past years combined this off season. Gano was 69% the last two years under 50, Cundiff was closer to 90%. Its a clear upgrade from that point alone, 50+ is the gamble as Gano is 44% to Cundiffs 14%. seeing what i have this preseason, i wouldnt be surprised if hes closer to the league average this year, but its certainly a gamble knowing his history of inability to hit those.
    -JAB

Most definitely.

Cundiff is still a decent PK and he had a very good camp (Tucker was simply lights out).

It's just best that he's not here - for him, the team and the fans. He needs a fresh start and he's an upgrade for the Skins. Good luck to him.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap