Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Browns still operationally dysfunctional

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...on-from-mccoy/

Quarterback Colt McCoy has lost the competition for the team’s starting job. He previously said he had been promised a chance to compete with rookie Brandon Weeden. McCoy now says, publicly, that there was no competition.
    As soon as the Browns drafted Weeden, the writing was on the wall. They should have done the right thing and just cut McCoy so he could catch on with another team and learn their offense.

Players take note of these types of things and it's doing shitty things like this to Colt McCoy that is going to make other FA's shy away from playing for the Browns organization.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Browns still operationally dysfunctional

Colt McCoy is a tough young QB who was placed in a poor environment for QB development. His WRs can't catch and his RB went through some personal issues of his own. His offensive line was not a bad line, but they didn't stick with McCoy. He was not the main issue they had there. Wallace provided a spark, but Wallace was only going to be able to do that for a short while. That's why Wallace has never stuck as a starter. Now, you bring in Weeden and he gets to work with Trent Richardson, even though they still don't have any WRs.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

McCoy was never going to be a starting-caliber QB in the NFL. Especially in the AFC North (and Cleveland). He doesn't have the arm for it. He really doesn't. He's tough, he's smart, and he's pretty mobile, but he may have one of the weakest arms in the league and when you play in a town notorious for bad weather most of the season and you're playing other towns with bad weather (Baltimore, Pittsburgh, etc) then you really need a QB who can still gun it down the field accurately in bad weather.

McCoy's only hope is to go to a team down south or in a dome that runs a WCO or something a bit more QB friendly.

Blog Entries

The only hope that team has is to fire just about everyone, starting with Holmgren. When I read he got hired I laughed my ass off. He made some of the shittiest personnel decisions when he was in Seattle. Good coach, but terrible GM.

If I am a buying a team for a billion, I would blow up the training facility known as Camp Staph Infection.

Moron's should have went hard at RG3. Now, they will spend another 3-4 years being kicked around by the Ravens, Steelers, and Bengals.

Blog Entries

With a new owner Holmgren isn't going to be there next season. The Brown will win their usual 3 to 5 games and once again they'll gut the team and rebuild.

You know, I'm all about competition. But the Browns being like this only helps our team. So let them be screwed up as.long as they want.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

So, if you're the Browns owner, and Weeden stinks it up this year...and you're looking at Matt Barkley or Tyler Wilson in next year's draft...do you cut bait with Weeden?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    The only hope that team has is to fire just about everyone, starting with Holmgren. When I read he got hired I laughed my ass off. He made some of the shittiest personnel decisions when he was in Seattle. Good coach, but terrible GM.

If I am a buying a team for a billion, I would blow up the training facility known as Camp Staph Infection.

Moron's should have went hard at RG3. Now, they will spend another 3-4 years being kicked around by the Ravens, Steelers, and Bengals.
    Got to agree with that. If I were the new owner, I would clean house and rebuild everything (Including Training Facilities).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So, if you're the Browns owner, and Weeden stinks it up this year...and you're looking at Matt Barkley or Tyler Wilson in next year's draft...do you cut bait with Weeden?
    With the new rookie salary cap, I do not see why not. If you have a whole new FO, you want them to get "their" guy. They could probably trade Weeden to some other team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    With the new rookie salary cap, I do not see why not. If you have a whole new FO, you want them to get "their" guy. They could probably trade Weeden to some other team.
    I would in a heartbeat.

Nothing against Weeden...I actually think he could end up being pretty decent, but the problem is he'll be 30 next year IIRC and if he doesn't show some signs of being able to get it done this year then they have to really strongly consider drafting someone who is young enough that they could actually groom.

Blog Entries

Agreed that the new owner will likely blow everything up and no one's job is safe. How many QBs have they gone through in the last few years? seems like a ton.

McCoy could be a backup with one of the pure WC teams like Philly, GB, or maybe NO for example. They'll be fine with Wallace as the backup, he knows that system better anyway.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hell yeah. You don't even think twice about it. The Panthers did that with Cam Newton. Whoever the new owner brings in to run the team can't put his own butt on the line based on a QB his predecessor reached for.