Blog Entries

Orioles Off-Season Thread

Seems like they are looking at Cody Ross and Jason Hamilton.

There was a pretty interesting comparative analysis article on Hardballtalk.com looking at Reimold vs Ross. Practically the same (statistically), but Ross is 3-4 years older and is going to be A LOT more expensive.

That said, I'd love to see them bring in a big bad like Hamilton. He'd add that power in the middle of the line up that they don't have.

Markakis, Hardy, A. Jones, and Hamilton in the top 4 would be really SWEET.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Seems like they are looking at Cody Ross and Jason Hamilton.

There was a pretty interesting comparative analysis article on Hardballtalk.com looking at Reimold vs Ross. Practically the same (statistically), but Ross is 3-4 years older and is going to be A LOT more expensive.

That said, I'd love to see them bring in a big bad like Hamilton. He'd add that power in the middle of the line up that they don't have.

Markakis, Hardy, A. Jones, and Hamilton in the top 4 would be really SWEET.
    If Hamilton's demand of 7/175 don't come down you won't be seeing him in orange. I also heard that the Orioles are not interested in him because of his past issues.

I did hear about them going after B. Butler but that was not likely because of the Royals asking for a Grienke type package and Butler being so brutal in the field.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Re: Orioles Off-Season Thread

I still wish the O's would have made a play for Greinke.

Agree about Hamilton though. He has a pretty expensive tag on him right now.

It'd just be nice to see the O's get another solid bat for the middle of the line up while taking from another AL team.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Love the O's...but it feels like they've lost a lot of that momentum they had after the playoffs. Unless you are a firm believe in Dan Duquetter's Moneyball flavor, this looks like a real bad offseason. We've lost one of our top bats in Reynolds, a pretty consistent pitched in Joe Saunders, and haven't added anything of note.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Love the O's...but it feels like they've lost a lot of that momentum they had after the playoffs. Unless you are a firm believe in Dan Duquetter's Moneyball flavor, this looks like a real bad offseason. We've lost one of our top bats in Reynolds, a pretty consistent pitched in Joe Saunders, and haven't added anything of note.
    You guys have to pull it together. Orioles/Reds World Series. I want a re-match. :)

I don't think Hamilton is a good idea. We need more pitching. You know what they say, you can never have enough. Good pitching beats good hitting time after time after time. Agree on going after Greinke. Maybe there's someone else out there who can come in and gobble up innings and get 15 wins?