Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Chris Christie

Re: Chris Christie

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Rush said months ago, don't be surprised if Christie runs for the DEMs. YOung people more fiscal?

My nephews that recently graduated from college are all liberals and they laughed when I said you'll be poor when your my age paying for the taxes on O BUMMER CARE.
    They laughed.

Just two weeks ago my gorgeous niece who attends Slippery Rock announced on facebook that she is a liberal. If you didn't know it then, you do now. Her father is a baptist minister and she grew up in a Christian conservative home. All these kids are breaking my heart turning liberal.

I gave them all $2,000 when they left for college.

I wonder if they'll give me a refund. They won't get another cent from me.
    Air, I offer my sympathy. But look at the national polls and their demographic breakdown, especially the one on Obama that just came out. The youth vote disapproves of him a bit more than 30-49 yr olds. In VA they were the group that voted libertarian the most. The GOP can win enough of them over, but they have to tone some thing's down a lil bit.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...bertarian.html

Blog Entries

Thanks, man. My sister says I should get off facebook or I will end up hating all my nephews and nieces. She understands what I don't.

You make good points K, but look at this piece
    in the link below, dated Nov 2012.

OBY won the last two elections with the youth votes. I think it was less this time but he still got them. I know all our kids voted for him.
    Mr. Christie took on the Garden State’s teacher unions, but it otherwise takes a lot of hunting to find other issues on which the governor supports the conservative line. He has a liberal record on guns, abortion, homosexual marriage and global warming, for example. …

Republicans would do better to build up a leader who actually agrees with the party’s platform.

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2012/11...ristie-a-rino/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-13-2013 at 01:44 AM.

Blog Entries

Here's an article from the Huff Post stating that ignoring the youth vote hurt Mitt while OBY got 60-66% of it in the big battleground states - OHio, PA, Fla, and VA. That's where OBY won it plus Calif, Mich, Illinois and NY of course but the youth turned out for him in these states.

As HR posted above, Mitt ran a horrible campaign and is this is just one area he screwed up.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2219086.html

Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    Houston, look at the recent demographics and the GOP national polling. This isn't left-wing tripe. This is what GOP operatives themselves are concerned and speaking about. Have you read the RNC's own report?

http://online.wsj.com/public/resourc...rt03182013.pdf

Look at how VA voted in the pres election and then last week for governor due to NOVA. Guys like Cruz are going to struggle there and places like CO, OH, and PA compared to someone like Hillary unless the trends reverse.
    I'm well aware of recent polling, national trends, etc. None of the states you listed is indicative of some sort of national trend / shift or is anything new for that matter.

OH and PA have been swing states for years. VA is a curious case now because of the amount of Dem money that went to the Libertarian in that race. Remove those votes and Cuccinelli is Gov.

One thing I will agree on is the religious rights influence on the party is dwindling, thus causing a shift towards the tea party by those who still identify themselves as religious.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I like hearing that, goes in line with how i feel it should be handled.

There is no doubt that a candidate like Christie is going to have a tough road ahead of him to win the GOP and the Presidency.

However, (this is totally my opinion) I think someone like Christie is going to be a lot easier for a majority of Americans to digest than someone like a Ted Cruz simply because Cruz is REALLY extreme on a lot of social issues.

...please keep in mind that my whole purpose for starting threads like this is mainly so I can learn more about the different potential candidates...
    I feel like the talk is Tea Party/moderate vs Democrat but keep in mind that a moderate conservative would steal votes from the moderate liberals. democratic party isnt fractured like the Republicans but I wouldnt say its 100% happy with direction either. A lot of people are jsut fed up with government in general.

The Problem with Romney, outside religion which may or may not have been part of the issue was that he was an extremely wealthy man that was pretty cutthroat on the business side of things. thats not relatable for a large percentage of Democrats and pretty much everything theyre against. A guy like Christie who doesnt appear to be that but speaks the same moderate feelings will go over a lot better from the left. I think he has a much much better chance.

Im more hoping Gary Johnston gets some press going forward and gets a legitimate shot but his votes would also probably hurt the rights chances more than the lefts.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Here's that quote from Rush.

As one comment below the quote says, "it's the only way he could run."

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2013/06...e-may-run.html
    Not that I don't enjoy listening to what Rush has to say, but that's completely absurd Trap. And you know this man.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Thanks, man. My sister says I should get off facebook or I will end up hating all my nephews and nieces. She understands what I don't.

You make good points K, but look at this piece
    in the link below, dated Nov 2012.

OBY won the last two elections with the youth votes. I think it was less this time but he still got them. I know all our kids voted for him.
    Mr. Christie took on the Garden State’s teacher unions, but it otherwise takes a lot of hunting to find other issues on which the governor supports the conservative line. He has a liberal record on guns, abortion, homosexual marriage and global warming, for example. …

Republicans would do better to build up a leader who actually agrees with the party’s platform.

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2012/11...ristie-a-rino/

I don't understand why if a politician is a realist when it comes to things like gun control, abortion and gay marriage then they're all of a sudden not allowed to be a Republican/Conservative?

This plainly exemplifies my issues with party politics. The truth is (or should be) that there really are no "parties" anymore. It's a farce to keep people against each other.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I like hearing that, goes in line with how i feel it should be handled.

I feel like the talk is Tea Party/moderate vs Democrat but keep in mind that a moderate conservative would steal votes from the moderate liberals. democratic party isnt fractured like the Republicans but I wouldnt say its 100% happy with direction either. A lot of people are jsut fed up with government in general.

The Problem with Romney, outside religion which may or may not have been part of the issue was that he was an extremely wealthy man that was pretty cutthroat on the business side of things. thats not relatable for a large percentage of Democrats and pretty much everything theyre against. A guy like Christie who doesnt appear to be that but speaks the same moderate feelings will go over a lot better from the left. I think he has a much much better chance.

Im more hoping Gary Johnston gets some press going forward and gets a legitimate shot but his votes would also probably hurt the rights chances more than the lefts.
    I like Gary Johnson as well, but that guy has less of a chance than Ron Paul ever did.

Blog Entries

I don't understand why if a politician is a realist when it comes to things like gun control, abortion and gay marriage then they're all of a sudden not allowed to be a Republican/Conservative?

This plainly exemplifies my issues with party politics. The truth is (or should be) that there really are no "parties" anymore. It's a farce to keep people against each other.
    Because liberals are for abortion, gun control and gay marriage. It's a liberal thing but the GOP is liberal now with Rove running things. That's why they keep losing and probably will vs HIlly. Even McCain tried to run as a conservative but nobody bought it so the Conservatives stayed home as I posted above. James Dobson told Christians to stay home because Romney was hiding his true Mormon beliefs. He was another libby.

Andy Jackson said give me a million armed citizens and no one can defeat us. Yammato, brains of the Pear Harbor attack, said he'd never invade the US because they have someone behind every tree and grass blade with a gun.

That's why we need 2d amendment.

Liberals are for abortion and vs family values as the same is with gay marriage. Conservatives and Christian right sit home because GOP is running libbies disguised at connies and they're vs social issues and family value like my niece who said she's a libby. She was raised in the church and her dad was the pastor but she says nothing or does nothing for God.

There are parties. There just aren't any good ones anymore. That's why I'm independent and vote for the best person.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-13-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Blog Entries

I like Gary Johnson as well, but that guy has less of a chance than Ron Paul ever did.
    ron paul 2016.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Because liberals are for abortion, gun control and gay marriage. It's a liberal thing but the GOP is liberal now with Rove running things. That's why they keep losing and probably will vs HIlly. Even McCain tried to run as a conservative but nobody bought it so the Conservatives stayed home as I posted above. James Dobson told Christians to stay home because Romney was hiding his true Mormon beliefs. He was another libby.

Andy Jackson said give me a million armed citizens and no one can defeat us. Yammato, brains of the Pear Harbor attack, said he'd never invade the US because they have someone behind every tree and grass blade with a gun.

That's why we need 2d amendment.

Liberals are for abortion and vs family values as the same is with gay marriage. Conservatives and Christian right sit home because GOP is running libbies disguised at connies and they're vs social issues and family value like my niece who said she's a libby. She was raised in the church and her dad was the pastor but she says nothing or does nothing for God.

There are parties. There just aren't any good ones anymore. That's why I'm independent and vote for the best person.
    Thanks for proving my point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    ron paul 2016.
    He's so old.