Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

use Flacco's legs

Why does Cam treat Flacco like he's a Scott Mitchell? He's no RG3, but he can move. Yet, rollouts are rare, and called QB runs are nonexistent, so opposing defenses don't have to worry about them. That makes defending the Ravens easier. I thought the job of an OC is to make defending his team more difficult. That doesn't seem to be the case here.
    Al

Maybe Flacco is making that decision? We don't really know all that much about the internal workings of the team

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Re: use Flacco's legs

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    Why does Cam treat Flacco like he's a Scott Mitchell? He's no RG3, but he can move. Yet, rollouts are rare, and called QB runs are nonexistent, so opposing defenses don't have to worry about them. That makes defending the Ravens easier. I thought the job of an OC is to make defending his team more difficult. That doesn't seem to be the case here.
    How many starts has Flacco missed? How many has Eli Manning missed? How many has Philip Rivers missed?

Now, thinking about this: How many starts has Big Jen missed? How many starts has Vick missed? How many do you think RGIII will miss (he's already missed 75% of a season in college from an ACL tear and has left a game with a concussion this season) throughout his career? Do you notice how McNabb washed out at age 33?

The point being that QB's who don't scramble don't miss starts and don't get injured. Say what you want about Flacco but he's extremely durable. We haven't had to say "Oh, you beat us, but our QB wasn't even playing." Our QB plays, and that's because he makes plays with his arms, not his legs. That's what you have RB's for.

I didn't say a lot of called running plays for Joe. I meant to use them occasionally, so defenses can't totally eliminate that possibility. And rollouts can take him away from pressure - they worked well in the second and third quarter of the AFC Championship game.
    Al

Blog Entries

I don't see how that's Cams fault, most of what Jen does when he runs out of the pocket is improvised by his self, Todd Haily isn't telling him to run on this play, if nobody is open Jen is running with it or extending plays. It's really up to Flacco on whether or not he wants to extend plays, but we have seen him do it before.

Flacco is a terrible roll out passer.

Early on Flacco used to run. All last season he didn't run. Then came the playoffs and he ran well. This year the same thing. In the 4th qtr Sunday he had the opportunity to run for 20 yds instead he threw to Smith who was double covered. He could of ran down the sideline for a 1st down instead he threw. Is it a coaches decision to not run during the regular season??

Flacco is not a good runner. He's pretty slow. I think he'd even tell you that.

If he and Brady ran a race, it would almost be like watching two guys run backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    How many starts has Flacco missed? How many has Eli Manning missed? How many has Philip Rivers missed?

Now, thinking about this: How many starts has Big Jen missed? How many starts has Vick missed? How many do you think RGIII will miss (he's already missed 75% of a season in college from an ACL tear and has left a game with a concussion this season) throughout his career? Do you notice how McNabb washed out at age 33?

The point being that QB's who don't scramble don't miss starts and don't get injured. Say what you want about Flacco but he's extremely durable. We haven't had to say "Oh, you beat us, but our QB wasn't even playing." Our QB plays, and that's because he makes plays with his arms, not his legs. That's what you have RB's for.
    This!

Joe gets paid to use his arm, not his legs. Give him time and he can knock a fly off a bull's ass at 60 yards. No need to risk injury trying to make him something he's not.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

I'd just like to see Joe's awareness and decision making in the pocket increase. Survey the field, nothing's available, MAKE A DECISION instead of tap-dancing in place patting the ball for another needless sack or strip-sack.

Even statues like Brady the Lady, Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer use their legs to escape pocket pressure. I've seen Flacco's athletic ability, so it's not a question of IF he can do it.

He can't use his brain that's for sure, so maybe give his legs a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    He can't use his brain that's for sure, so maybe give his legs a shot.
    Give him a break... He's from New Joisey