Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 ... LastLast

Re: George Zimmerman Trial

This is mind-boggling:

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07...y-can-get-him/

So let's get this straight...a racial crime was not identified by:
    > The local Sanford police department police chief.
    > The local Sanford police department police chief that was brought in after the first one didn't file charges (quickly enough).
    > The DA.
    > The FBI (which interviewed dozens of his neighbors and co-workers).
    > The trial judge.
    > The high-priced attorneys for the Martin family.

Now, the full weight of the United States Department of Justice is fishing for the crime that none before could find...against one citizen, who had his day in court, and was found "not guilty" by a jury of peers.

If I was Zimmerman I would be getting very familiar with this info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ition_treaties

And making 1-way flight reservations.

"Land of the Free"? "Bill of Rights"?
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 07-17-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    There is no relevant evidence that contradicts Zimmerman's narrative. That really sums it up. None.

And if you think there is, you haven't mentioned it.

I have never talked about strength. I have talked about how you have none on your side, and the small the amount that exists supports (by not contradicting) Zimmerman's claim. Which means it is a farther reach (blind reach, really) to argue he is guilty.

I agree though, no chance of any progress towards an agreement here, that much is clear.
    Most of the people I have crossed path's with in the past few days who say Zimmerman got off on a "technicality" claim that they can tell that he was lying, most of these people didn't watch one bit of the trial, but he must be guilty because he looks like a liar. Many of these people bought into so much of the "hype"... Lot's of talk about the "grown Man" Zimmerman being far larger then Trayvon, because they compare his trial pictures with the pictures of 12 year old Trayvon, despite the fact that at the time of the incident the football player Trayvon was only 27 pounds less. The skittles and tea reference now makes me laugh, now that I know his phone records are filled with references to "lean" a drug concoction he and his friends make with codeine... and skittles and Arizona watermelon juice... 2 out of 3 of those ingredients were in his possession,. Lot's of talk of the innocent kid, yet he was by his own cell phone records, a drug dealer. The media sold an abominable storyline, that was a near vacuum of truth, and many people bought it, hook line and sinker. SYG constantly mentioned when it had ZERO bearing on the case.

It's sickening to me.

Blog Entries

Jonboy, I've found the vast majority of people who have a strong opinion about this did not watch one second of the trial.

Just blindly following what the news tells them.

Useful idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Jonboy, I've found the vast majority of people who have a strong opinion about this did not watch one second of the trial.

Just blindly following what the news tells them.

Useful idiots.
    But you just included all of us that did follow the trial, and feel strongly that the jury did their jobs and made the correct decision. I don't understand how you can A) Understand our legal system, and B) follow that trial and C) come to the conclusion hat Justice was not served.

I can understand someone coming to the conclusion that Zimmerman, "got away with it on a technicality" or something to that nature. But to think in any way that the evidence presented was enough for a conviction is pure lunacy.
    I don't think Zimmerman is a good guy. I don't think he acted very intelligently that nigh, but I wholeheartedly think the was not-guilty in that case.
    From the evidence however, to me, the biggest mistake made that night was Trayvon's unwillingness to flee the scene and GO HOME. Many people say he would be alive if not for Zim following him. I say he would still be alive if HE JUST WENT HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Calypso Louie too aka Louis Farrakhan?

Not sure I'd agree about Jessie who earns a ton of money as head of the Rainbow
    Coalition. I saw it for myself when I worked at Social Security on Green Street and he
    spoke at a rally outside the steps.

There were hundreds of people there, mostly minorities that worshipped him. He's a
    big dude.
    Does Rush Limbaugh speak for all or even the majority of conservatives?

Just because someone earns a lot of money doesn't mean that they are the point man for a group of people.

Lois Farrakhan? Lmao.

I, nor any of my friends or family or anybody I know have listened to a word any of those guys have said about this.

There is a really big sense of something not being right about the case by myself and others, but it's not being driven by those "leaders"...hell, they are almost always late to whatever cause pops up...we see their agenda and its incredibly insulting to me to have someone of another race try and tell me how we think about them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    But you just included all of us that did follow the trial, and feel strongly that the jury did their jobs and made the correct decision. I don't understand how you can A) Understand our legal system, and B) follow that trial and C) come to the conclusion hat Justice was not served.

I can understand someone coming to the conclusion that Zimmerman, "got away with it on a technicality" or something to that nature. But to think in any way that the evidence presented was enough for a conviction is pure lunacy.
    I don't think Zimmerman is a good guy. I don't think he acted very intelligently that nigh, but I wholeheartedly think the was not-guilty in that case.
    From the evidence however, to me, the biggest mistake made that night was Trayvon's unwillingness to flee the scene and GO HOME. Many people say he would be alive if not for Zim following him. I say he would still be alive if HE JUST WENT HOME.
    I meant the people you were talking about, that think Zimmerman got off a technicality etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

Just because someone earns a lot of money doesn't mean that they are the point man for a group of people.

Lois Farrakhan? Lmao.

I, nor any of my friends or family or anybody I know have listened to a word any of those guys have said about this.

There is a really big sense of something not being right about the case by myself and others, but it's not being driven by those "leaders"...hell, they are almost always late to whatever cause pops up...we see their agenda and its incredibly insulting to me to have someone of another race try and tell me how we think about them.

I wish more people saw through their crap like you/friends/family. Unfortunately people still show up for their rallies. But people will show up for any rally, I guess.

Blog Entries

Lois Farrakhan? Lmao.

I admire you're original statement on this but....

My point is someone is listening to them just like they do Rush who has the
    largest radio audience in history of about 20M listeners per week.

Louie has been called one of the most influencial black leaders in history and OBY
    flew to DC to join the Million Man March. Someone sure like him and I saw those
    people at SS worship Jessie. The union sponsored it and when he put his arm around
    the gal who introduced him, she just melted in awe.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-17-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I admire you're original statement on this but....

My point is someone is listening to them just like they do Rush who has the
    largest radio audience in history of about 20M listeners per week.

Louie has been called one of the most influencial black leaders in history and OBY
    flew to DC to join the Million Man March. Someone sure like him and I saw those
    people at SS worship Jessie. The union sponsored it and when he put his arm around
    the gal who introduced him, she just melted in awe.
    Well, first off, I had absolutely zero problem with the MMM. If I were available, I would have went as I saw that as a positive coming together of black men to discuss and work on our problems n our communities.

I mean I never said that there weren't a segment of the population that aren't sheep...history is filled with clowns from all races and backgrounds that are able to build up followings, but those followings still are nowhere near large enough to represent an entire race/ethnicity/culture.

I'm just saying that I think seeing a couple hundred people at a publicized rally should automatically make people assume that the majority of an entire race of people are blind sheep.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Point well taken but I bet if I went to the New Psalmist Baptist Church downtown or Bethel AME and polled those members they would all be for Jessie. Many of those members were in the
    audience that day. I knew many from those churches but I see your point.

Not everyone likes Jessie or Louie and not everyone likes El Rusho. I didn't listen to him when he said not voting for OBY is the same as voting for him because he wins when a lot of conservatives and especially Christian conservatives sit out as many do - almost half every election. I voted libertarian and will never vote for another GOP liberal posing as a conservative again like McCain and Romney and both Bushies even when Rush says I should.

Blog Entries

FYI, some of you would be really shocked to find out how little the black community respects the Sharptons and Jacksons.

They aren't some pied pipers that we follow around...give us a little more credit here...we realize them for what they are.

:word

I have always felt that there is no way the Black Community could fully, 100% buy into the Al Sharptons and Jessie Jackson's of the world. Just like White people will never fully buy into the Fred Phelpses of the country.

D-bag is a D-bag no matter the hue of the skin.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Who's Fred Phelps?