Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bigger loss..Suggs or Rolle?

Everyone is up in arms about losing Suggs. I am more worried about losing Rolle. I think the defense is more compromised by Walker replacing Rolle than Mcclain and Jones replacing Suggs.

Re: Bigger loss..Suggs or Rolle?

Walker has been holding his own, but I fear a match up with him and Holmes one-on-one. And it's not like you can cheat Reed his way given Ward and his ability to get open.

Gotta agree that Rolle is the bigger loss here.

I agree Walker has been better in the past 4-6 weeks. The margin of error becomes much less though the further you move downfield and away from the line of scrimmage. A mistake by Mcclain is less dangerous than one by Wlaker.

Tough call for me. If Big Jen has all day in the pocket and those receivers have time to run around and get open, it won't matter if Champ Bailey and Asomugha are back there covering them. They will kill us if we don't pressure the QB.

And I'm not saying that we can't pressure Big Jen without Suggs, because I think we still can, and will. But if I personally had to choose one to have healthy, it would be Suggs.

Agreed. I think McClain and Jones will hold there own for the most part. However, we were already thin at corner. The loss of Rolle has me a lot more concerned.

I agree that Rolle is the bigger loss. McClain has shown the ability to get to the QB and distrupt.

And while Walker HAS improved, he is still prone to a big play breakdown.

Giving up just one big play by walker could the deciding factor in this game.

Losing Rolle will hurt more than Suggs. As injury prone as Washington has been this season if he goes down we will be stuck with Walker and Ivy as out CB, let's hope Washington plays the entire game. If I'm Worthlessberger I am licking my chops and will target Walker, like everyone said he is playing better, but he has to play with a level head and not make stupid penalties.
    Want some... come and get some!

Big Ben will slice and dice F.Walker. This guy will get toasted big-time, and then he'll lose his cool, and get us penalized. Why can't this team go into the game on a healthy note - I'd feel much more confident if injuries weren't rearing their ugly head. Walker's position will become further exascerbated with a lack of a pass rush.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

It's hard to say or for me to pick just one. I agree our depth at CB is very thin. but we have won games this year with out Rolle. Suggs has been on the field every game for the past 5 years. I think Walker has improved and one big play could decide the game. IMO, Walker's weakness is turning to the ball when it's in the air. That could lead to a interference call. But, for the most part he can run with Holmes and Ward does not scare me much.

What scares me is the short passing game that has killed us on third downs this year. LIke the TE or a short crossing route that Suggs usually picks up on. I am not saying Mcclain or Jones are not going to step up but I seriously question how well they can fill in for Suggs.

I am going to take Ray's advice. God has a plan so let it take it's course.

Rolle.

And heaven help us if we are playing in the SB against Arizona without him.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I am going to take Ray's advice. God has a plan so let it take it's course.
    Interestingly, I'm on the same wavelength as Ray and yourself. We'll see Sunday night what the future holds, regardless of what this team has to deal with - "let the Force be with you".
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton