Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Time to face facts

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    The problem is the Ravens dont wake up until their backs are up against the wall in most games. They rarely play in attack mode, but rather in not to lose mode. They got lucky today, but this has to stop on the season will end in the playoffs in a game like today but on the losing side. No passion, trickery or taking an opponets weaknesses into consideration for game planning. Cameron sucks period and Joe acts like a P***y for large stretches. He is what he is an average/inconsistent QB. He'll have bad games, good games and average games= Average Joe.
    Define "acts like a Pussy". Because I would love to know how Flacco acts like one.

BTW, Average Joe is sitting on 9-2 and still the best record for a starter in his first 5 years.

But we should replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Define "acts like a Pussy". Because I would love to know how Flacco acts like one.

BTW, Average Joe is sitting on 9-2 and still the best record for a starter in his first 5 years.

But we should replace him.
    He goes long periods in games where he has that deer in the headlights look and no emotion. Did you see his sneak he didnt battle at all for the marker, he went in wishy washy. He's not a leader like a Brady, Manning or Ben. He seems like a yes man. "until you can tell you coach to go to hell you arent a QB" Johnny U. They had the ball at the 20 with like 40 seconds to go a ran 2 plays, a throw a play and settled for a FG for OT with a timeout in thier pocket and didnt try to score===weak.

I am not saying they should replace Joe. I just dont see anything wrong with drafting a weeden or dalton with a high 1 or a low 2. Wouldnt you rather have someone good in case something bad happens to your starter? Having walk ons or mr irrelevant as the second most important guy on the team seems like playing with fire no matter how good your starter is. See Indy 2011... No insurance seems like a recipe for getting people fired.

He goes long periods in games where he has that deer in the headlights look and no emotion. Did you see his sneak he didnt battle at all for the marker, he went in wishy washy. He's not a leader like a Brady, Manning or Ben. He seems like a yes man. "until you can tell you coach to go to hell you arent a QB" Johnny U. They had the ball at the 20 with like 40 seconds to go a ran 2 plays, a throw a play and settled for a FG for OT with a timeout in thier pocket and didnt try to score===weak.
    Man, I agree! I hate it when we win games!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I am not saying they should replace Joe. I just dont see anything wrong with drafting a weeden or dalton with a high 1 or a low 2. Wouldnt you rather have someone good in case something bad happens to your starter? Having walk ons or mr irrelevant as the second most important guy on the team seems like playing with fire no matter how good your starter is. See Indy 2011... No insurance seems like a recipe for getting people fired.
    Meh. Everyone wants to have that big name backup. But honestly, it is not common anymore. We were lucky when we had Bulger as a backup, but Joe is pretty durable. He hasn't missed a start yet. Flirting with disaster? Sure. But signing a 1st round QB to have him hold a clip board when Joe is still in the relative infancy of his career seems... Crazy?
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Blog Entries

Well I'm glad your not Ozzie Newsome.

You don't use high draft picks on QB's when you already have a franchise QB. You are essentially missing out on a possibility of landing your team a stud in the draft. We drafted Ray Rice in the second round in 2008, imagine missing out on a guy like that because you wanted a really good back up to Flacco.

The back up situation to Joe does need to be addressed IMO, but your better off signing a guy like Matt Moore, who can come in and be really effective as a game manager as he was with the Dolphins last year. Hell it was Matt Moore who saved the Dolphins from being disgraced when he came in.

Blog Entries

9-2, be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well I'm glad your not Ozzie Newsome.

You don't use high draft picks on QB's when you already have a franchise QB. You are essentially missing out on a possibility of landing your team a stud in the draft. We drafted Ray Rice in the second round in 2008, imagine missing out on a guy like that because you wanted a really good back up to Flacco.

The back up situation to Joe does need to be addressed IMO, but your better off signing a guy like Matt Moore, who can come in and be really effective as a game manager as he was with the Dolphins last year. Hell it was Matt Moore who saved the Dolphins from being disgraced when he came in.
    Well Belichick 'wasted' a pick this year with Ryan Mallet. And it isn't like Tom Brady is going anywhere. The thing is, if the guy is good you can get your pick back and then some. Cromartie and a 2nd round pick for Kolb was a steal for the Eagles. I

Blog Entries

Well Belichick 'wasted' a pick this year with Ryan Mallet. And it isn't like Tom Brady is going anywhere. The thing is, if the guy is good you can get your pick back and then some. Cromartie and a 2nd round pick for Kolb was a steal for the Eagles. I
    Tom Brady is like what? 35 now, he wont see another contract with the Patriots IMO, and I believe that they took Ryan Mallett in the 3rd round (not even really a high round that you often find studs anyway) to be more than just a back up, they envision him taking the reigns when Brady retires or whatever.... Btw it wasn't this year, they drafted him in the 2011 draft.

For me today just further clarified what the REAL problem with the Ravens offense is.
    For close to 6 quarters we watched Torrey Smith get bracket coverage with ZERO adjustments made to compensate. We saw long slow developing routes with an offensive line that just cannot hold blocks that long. We saw the middle of the field treated as if it were against the rules to use. Last but not least we saw the same putrid variations of plays and routes, over and over and over ect....

Finally in the second half they run a slant, then another, a screen or two and some quick hit patterns over the middle of the field. By doing this they also were able to more effectively run the ball, get more yards on those dump offs and open things up on the outside as well. What annoys the hell out of me most though, is that this is not rocket science, we have seen this pattern before. Unfortunately what seems to happen is that at the start of the next game its right back to the same old crappy sets, routs and plays that are just not as effective.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    For me today just further clarified what the REAL problem with the Ravens offense is.
    For close to 6 quarters we watched Torrey Smith get bracket coverage with ZERO adjustments made to compensate. We saw long slow developing routes with an offensive line that just cannot hold blocks that long. We saw the middle of the field treated as if it were against the rules to use. Last but not least we saw the same putrid variations of plays and routes, over and over and over ect....

Finally in the second half they run a slant, then another, a screen or two and some quick hit patterns over the middle of the field. By doing this they also were able to more effectively run the ball, get more yards on those dump offs and open things up on the outside as well. What annoys the hell out of me most though, is that this is not rocket science, we have seen this pattern before. Unfortunately what seems to happen is that at the start of the next game its right back to the same old crappy sets, routs and plays that are just not as effective.
    I rarely post but I do read everyday. This is one of the better posts I've seen especially the 2nd part about running a slant to Torrey(finally). Flacco sucks is all I see in most of this thread. Yes the 1st half was ugly but Flacco had 1st down passes to Boldin and Jones that were dropped. There was also at least 2 complete series where your best player(Ray Rice) wasn't even on the field that can't happen especially on the 4th & 1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post

It is frustrating isnt it? square peg meet round hole... repeatedly.
    -JAB