Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Ray Rice Not Expected to Report on Monday

No concern here until/unless late in training camp.

If Ray is taking the Chris Johnson route of not reporting until a week or 2 before the start of the season, then it's time to get concerned.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Looking at 2010 and 11 running with and without Leach:
    Rice:
    2010 1220 yards 76.3 YPG 4.0 YPC
    2011 1364 yards 85.3 YPG 4.7 YPC w/Leach

Foster:
    2010 1616 yards 101 YPG 4.9 YPC w/Leach
    2011 1224 yards 94.2 YPG 4.4 YPC

And Rice thinks he deserves significantly more than Foster? When Foster produced more with and without Leach. I'm ignoring dump-offs nd just looking from a "rushing" standpoint.
    I think there is one other factor that you ignored, especially for 2010, and that's Andre Johnson. What receiver on the Ravens strikes that much fear in a safety? Even as good as Foster has been at times, when you look at the Texans he's usually not the first person your trying to stop. Ray Rice is on the Ravens offense. And many teams have had success against us when they have been able to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I think there is one other factor that you ignored, especially for 2010, and that's Andre Johnson. What receiver on the Ravens strikes that much fear in a safety? Even as good as Foster has been at times, when you look at the Texans he's usually not the first person your trying to stop. Ray Rice is on the Ravens offense. And many teams have had success against us when they have been able to.
    Ok so that preoccupies the FS giving help over the top. It IS a difference however not enough given those stats. IMO anyway. And what about 2011 where he missed half the season? Given the 2 of without Leach, compare 2010 Rice to 2011 Foster where Foster didn't havethe benefit of Johnson for much of the season. And Boldin, T.Smith and even Evans when he came back are all arguably more dangeous than the rest of the Texans receiving core.

Blog Entries

Ok so that preoccupies the FS giving help over the top. It IS a difference however not enough given those stats. IMO anyway. And what about 2011 where he missed half the season? Given the 2 of without Leach, compare 2010 Rice to 2011 Foster where Foster didn't havethe benefit of Johnson for much of the season. And Boldin, T.Smith and even Evans when he came back are all arguably more dangeous than the rest of the Texans receiving core.
    But the Texans had by far the best run blocking line in football in 2011. No team runs the ZBS as well as them, and I'm pretty sure Rice would have been more productive behind that line than what foster was, just my opinion.

Blog Entries

My take : Ray Rice played out his rookie (2nd round) contract without a peep out of him. Always the good soldier, although underpaid by NFL standards. He/we know that the shelf-life of a pro football player is relatively short in general, and can be shorter for a RB in particular. This portion of his playing career (25 through 29) should be his most productive, and most highly paid. For all we know this could be his last chance at to catch the brass ring, I cannot blame him for that... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    But the Texans had by far the best run blocking line in football in 2011. No team runs the ZBS as well as them, and I'm pretty sure Rice would have been more productive behind that line than what foster was, just my opinion.
    I'd love a comparison of the 22 tapes, but until than it's all a matter of opinion.

My opinion is Rice is more geared for a single back set with athletic lineman who can get out there in front. In a different scheme he could be Hall of Fame worthy. Personally if you flip flopped the 2 both would see an increase in production. Just my .02

BUT all that being said Foster accepted his deal and Rice hasn't. Who is better is miniscule at this point.

Blog Entries

I'd love a comparison of the 22 tapes, but until than it's all a matter of opinion.

My opinion is Rice is more geared for a single back set with athletic lineman who can get out there in front. In a different scheme he could be Hall of Fame worthy. Personally if you flip flopped the 2 both would see an increase in production. Just my .02

BUT all that being said Foster accepted his deal and Rice hasn't. Who is better is miniscule at this point.
    We don't know if it's true that Rice was offered anything like Fosters deal right now, it's all speculation and reports atm, although I do think he has more than likely turned the Foster deal down, which is pretty stupid and if it's true I have lost some respect for Rice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    We don't know if it's true that Rice was offered anything like Fosters deal right now, it's all speculation and reports atm, although I do think he has more than likely turned the Foster deal down, which is pretty stupid and if it's true I have lost some respect for Rice.
    True.

Blog Entries

Shit happens. Honestly I don't think this means anything

Blog Entries

Damien.....Berry.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Americanmade2012 Guest

wait til training camp if he still does not show up then worry/panic/cheer whatever it is you would do.

Blog Entries

Wow on the draft prediction feature on NFL.com the general amount of users have us taking Lamar Miller in the first.

Most probably has a one in a thousand chance of happening, but just think what it could mean. You could have a very dangerous three headed monster with Rice, Miller, and AA. The pick would most likely piss Rice off though.