Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Re: Coaching Change?

Anyone that has lost his/her job knows it sucks, but this had to be done.
    Sucks for Harbs too. Like him or not, and/or Cam or not, firing a friend has to be an awful feeling.

I don't expect much improvement for 2012, but I'm ready to be wrong on that.
    Best short-term outcome for me is that this clears the way for Andy and Jeff to be gone as soon as our season is done.

Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

shit I'll take it sure this move made them look like fools , but it's better to be fool that has acknowledge his foolishness and fix it that be a fool that acknowledge his foolishness but stubborn to it..I'll take atleast now we won't have to worry about this guy next season Mr.Caldwell here is the keys to Porsche drive recklessly!!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Better late than never. They now have a 4 game window (since we're 99.9% sure to play at least one playoff game) in which to evaluate Flacco, Caldwell, and the entire offense without the anchor of Cam Cameron around their necks. No one can say if that's "enough" time, but it's something.

Phenomenal news and I commend the team for having the courage to make the right choice, even if it's late.
    I couldn't be happier. For us fans it was a no brainer but it takes courage for the HC to finally pull the plug on an experiment that's been down hill since 2010.

iggyman555 Guest

im willing to bet this was all from the biscuit, harbage has no balls

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I'm sure Caldwell will figure out how to get the linebackers to drop back quicker in coverage and keep Ed Reed from cheating out of position.

That said, this move is long overdue.
    Thats on the players not the coaches. The offense is on the coaches.

Pees can only do so much when it comes to telling the players when and where to go and what to do. THe players need to actually do it. Keep in mind yesterday they HAD to be warry of the play action pass AND the threat of RG3 running so it took time for the LBs to drop they wont face anymore of those type QBs the most they will see is play action with no threat of the QB running

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    does anyone thing Pees should be on the hot seat after the last 2 weeks or was that all on the players for alowing the middle of the field open all day.
    No. His unit has been devastated by injuries. He gets another year in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This has Bisciotti written ALL over it .....

Much like the Fassel firing, there does reach a point where the brass needs to step in because perceptions get skewed because of personal relationships.

But then again, Harbs brought in Caldwell so maybe it was mutual. Shit, I don't know.
    Hopefully it'll have the same effect as the Fassel firing.

Forgetting about the D's breakdown yesterday, something needs to be done to achieve a more consistent offense.

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegosean View Post
    This defintely came from Biscuit with Ozzie's input. Cam still has two years on his contract, Harbs cant make this move unless it came from Steve.
    He did? They never released Cam's extension specifics. I'd be shocked if it was for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    RT @AdamSchefter: Ravens dismissed offensive coordinator Cam Cameron and replaced him with quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell.
    Well, now we will see if it was Cam's fault and/or Joe's fault. I believe Joe has to shoulder a lot of the blame here. Yes, he has been stellar at times; but he sorely lacks the 'pocket presence' and the ability to adjust on the fly to compensate for poor play calling - Cam can't do that for him. So, we will see how this plays out. AND, I hope that Biscuit did NOT make this call - he hired Ozzie and Harbaugh to run the show, so let them do their jobs!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    im willing to bet this was all from the biscuit, harbage has no balls
    I am willing to bet this was in the works for a while, they brought in caldwell for a reason and were waiting for the right time to make the move.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    No. His unit has been devastated by injuries. He gets another year in my opinion.
    Agree 100% and another year to provide input on the draft now that he's got a better pulse of what he's working with.

Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

Now we will likely see little snippets of truth leak out re: Cam's ineffective, outdated scheme, relationship (or lack thereof) with Joe, etc.

I don't expect wholesale changes but it sure will be nice to see what Flacco is like without Cam. I hope Joe rises to the occasion.