Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan

Re: Rex Ryan

I dunno Fanman... We got aggressive in the 4th quarter and Kyle launched an unfortunate pick... I'm more concerned about the lack of clock management than anything else.

If you score pts when you should and keep the hammer down the clock becomes much less of a factor. But since Billick doesn't understand this and can never put a team away the clock is ALWAYS a factor. Fix one and you fix both.

FM

My gripe with Billick as a coach is the following:

1. He calls time out and allows his players to call time outs before the 2 minute warning. We were down to 1 TO at the end of the first quarter. Johnny Unitas never used time outs before the 2 minute warning. They should be valued at all costs and saved.

2. I still hate his play calling. Everything was going well until the 4th quarter, when he reverted back to the passing game. Run the ball.

3. He is a horrible judge of talent. Where is Derek Anderson, Priest Holmes, Brandon Stokley, Casey Robach, etc?

4. It doesn't matter how we feel; he will be back because we have too many $$$$ invested in him over the next 4 years.

5. Most of all, the team has no discipline. Penalties, too many men on the field, wasting time outs, easy training camp, etc.

Okay, I feel better.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I am saying Billick got TOO conservative when he had the lead in the 4th qtr...he does this ALL the time. Where have you been the last 9 years? And b/c you are Ravens fan I won't respond to the tone in your childish post...get a grip dude.
    For 9 years I have been reading posters whine about Billick throwing in the 4th quarter with the lead, of not running the clock out. Did you miss the posts after the Browns game? How about a 2 years ago when Billick threw deep on 3rd and one with about 90 seconds left in a game we eventually lost in the last seconds?

You see, I have been around and I have watched a lot of Monday morning HCs on message board bitch continually REGARDLESS of the move made if the game is lost.

Did you bitch about throwing to Mason in the first game when we had the lead and he kept "the hammer down?" You know, the throw that was tipped, then picked? When it happened did you think "that was a great play call" or did you bitch about it? No need to answer.

Everyone knows he plays not to lose and isn't aggressive at key times in the game....it's just reality..sorry you can't see it like the rest of us
    Was he playing "not to lose" when he called that throw to Mason, who was open and McNair just threw too high to?

Sorry, but I have heard both takes from Billick haters for a LONG time, so please forgive me if I don't believe you have been yelling for a lot more passing with the lead in 4th quarters.

LOL, CASE IN POINT: 2. I still hate his play calling. Everything was going well until the 4th quarter, when he reverted back to the passing game. Run the ball.

Maybe we can get Marchibroda back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanIAm View Post
    Billick did make a good point though in the post game. If they didn't call a TO and they got the 1st down, then what would you have said? They shoulda called a TO?

I just think it's one of those situations, it could go either way... Kinda damned if you do, damned if you don't
    I agree with your last sentence, but a timeout to me is more valuable at that point than giving up a first down. Remember, they needed a TD, not a field goal....

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    You guys just don't get it. Calling "TO" was the right move! Jesus....if they didn't and they got the 1st down you all be screaming why didn't he call TO. Yes...we stopped them but it could of been the other way too. We already didn't stop them on a 4th and 1 so it makes sense. It was a huge play and they wanted to make sure they had the right people in, etc.

Give RR and BB a break for once...geez.
    I disagree, the players on the field had this under control obviously. They stopped Brady. If they did not stop him I would see your point. To me this seems like the Coaches not having faith in their players, just like not throwing the ball down the field (slowing improving). Look I love Rex, but I would trust 's Ray's decision on the field over any decision made from the sideline!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Again..its hindsight. If they didn't call TO and they got a 1st down then what would you have said? Right move. They didn't stop them on the other 4th and 1 so it makes sense to call the TO and get a plan, etc. I was pissed at first when it happened but listening to the reason makes sense to me.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    My gripe with Billick as a coach is the following:

3. He is a horrible judge of talent. Where is Derek Anderson, Priest Holmes, Brandon Stokley, Casey Robach, etc?

5. Most of all, the team has no discipline. Penalties, too many men on the field, wasting time outs, easy training camp, etc.
    Okay, I feel better.
    I have a lot of issues with Billick myself but I disagree on the above two points as far as blaming them on Billick.
    It has been stated many times, and I believe them, that decisions in the Ravens organization are made by the committee approach. Therefore, in as much as Billick does not operate in a vacuum I don't think he can be solely blamed for players who aren't here anymore. I do seem to recall in Holmes case, he did not want to stay. At any rate, regardless of the reason Billick didn't make the decision alone.
    As far as the discipline issue, it bugs the hell out of to see the lack of restraint and common sense our players display at times and a share of that blame definitely rests with Billick; however, I don't obsolve the position coaches of responsibility either. I believe part of the problem with the defensive penalties rests squarely with Rex Ryan. After an outburst like Scott's last night I'd like to see Ryan get in his face but you never see that happen.
    Not a complaint, but what does it matter what Johnny Unitas did thirty years ago?

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

It is what it is,and was mean't to be.Just like the false start on the PAT's when the Ravens stopped them again on 4th down. And then Brady scrambles for a 1st down. It almost felt like the whole script for the game was prewritten and you knew how the game was going to end no matter what.

Still,feeling the doom,it was so sickening when you saw it all played out.

Did you catch Billick blowing Rodney Harrison three kisses from the sideline.
    I almost pissed myself,but I don't feel that was professional of Billick.He let an opposing player get to him.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    Did you catch Billick blowing Rodney Harrison three kisses from the sideline.
    I almost pissed myself,but I don't feel that was professional of Billick.He let an opposing player get to him.
    Harrison should have drawn a flag for taunting. He goes right over to the opposing players sideline and gets in the face of the head coach and there's no flag? Jamal got 15 yards and a fine for spiking the ball on the Ravens sideline and in my opinion what Harrison did was more classless.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Harrison should have drawn a flag for taunting.
    If the ref's caught that then I am sure he would have got a flag.But its like when two guys throw punches during a game.Its always the second guy who gets caught.I just thought Billick was lowering himself to Harrison's level.

The kiss
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVbDQF8m1-4
    Last edited by RavenTD; 12-04-2007 at 06:06 PM.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

I actually liked the fact that Billick stood up for Boller...