Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

This could be the last run and shot for certain players

Well after a tough tough loss last week, we are now entering the most important stretch of the year, heading into the play offs. We have some really tough teams coming up, all of whom are play off calibre teams, and this may end up being the last run for the old guard.

Ray Lewis
    Ed Reed
    Boldin
    Matt Birk

All have been all pro's in their careers, two of them are sure HOFers, but all four have been great Ravens since being here. Boldin may have not been the greatest statistical player we all hoped he'd become, I blame most of that on Cam for not utilizing him properly, but he has still put in a great effort for the team on and off the field, his blocking is out of this world too.

Matt Birk despite all the hate he gets around here, had three really solid years for us, and father time has finally caught up on him this year. This will be his last year in football IMO, he should retire, because there isn't much gas left, just enough (I hope) to help us down the stretch.

Then there is of course the greatest Ravens (along with JO) to ever play for us. Ed Reed and Ray Lewis. This could be their last play off run as Ravens, Reed is a FA in 2013, we may not be able to afford to keep him, or he may even retire, and Ray Lewis could retire after this.

All four of them without a doubt deserve a ring before they go, Ray Lewis has one, but he probably deserves more than 2 rings for what he's done not only for this team, but for the NFL in general. Had we had a legit QB and an offense for all those yeas of defensive dominance, we may well have had more than that 2001 SB.

It may seem unlikely with the injuries and flaws we have in this years team, but lets have some hope that they can make it to the big dance before riding off into the sunset.

Blog Entries

Re: This could be the last run and shot for certain players

I think that group's best chance to win a Super Bowl was last season (I would add Redding and JJ to that list). I don't see the Ravens getting to Festivus Maximus this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think that group's best chance to win a Super Bowl was last season (I would add Redding and JJ to that list). I don't see the Ravens getting to Festivus Maximus this year.
    As painful as that thought is, I think you're right. I don't see us getting past Houston if we made it to that point.

Which is yet another reason that I'm pissed at Cam squandering another season. I want to plat to win, not this don't lose bullshit.

I agree that Cam messed up again as usual, but i totally disagree about "Oh this is year is done for" or "No super bowl run". Im not buying it. Im not giving up like the rest of you. Period. I still believe Boldin and Ed is comming back. No way you should get rid of them. Despite their money, age, etc.

Blog Entries

Yeah I have been reminding my son when we see plays like the Reed INT last week (and the nerve wrecking return) that this is probably his last year; same with Ray. Sadly I agree that last year was the year. Maybe they'll get some luck this year but I don't expect them to win it all. Wherever it ends, I'll enjoy it until then.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Tragic.

Depending on how the rest of the season goes, SB or not, none of these guys may be on the 2013 roster.

Blog Entries

I can see Ed Reed in a Patriot Jersey next year, the allure of the ring with Brady and Belicheck will be too great to say no to, and from a football perspective, that is what the Patriots defense needs, a wily veteran.

This team need luck and really bad performances by the opposition to win a Super Bowl, I don't see it since we can't even manage the clock and challenges right at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I can see Ed Reed in a Patriot Jersey next year, the allure of the ring with Brady and Belicheck will be too great to say no to, and from a football perspective, that is what the Patriots defense needs, a wily veteran.

This team need luck and really bad performances by the opposition to win a Super Bowl, I don't see it since we can't even manage the clock and challenges right at home.
    Agree completely. The window has closed for the Ravens' greats. Sure, anything is possible, but it is highly unlikely we even get to the SB, much less win it. Blame? What difference does it make? Apparently Steve and Oz are satisfied with being contenders rather than champs.

Blog Entries

Just remember that recent SB champions where in a a very similar situation to us, and sometimes worse at this point of the season.

I have not lost hope!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Just remember that recent SB champions where in a a very similar situation to us, and sometimes worse at this point of the season.

I have not lost hope!
    LB, I with every fiber of my being hope you are right and I am hopelessly wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    LB, I with every fiber of my being hope you are right and I am hopelessly wrong.
    My heart is disagreeing with you, head is agreeing with you.