Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ed Dickson

Re: Ed Dickson

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Gronkowski is going to be one of the best TEs of all time assuming he doesn't suffer any major setbacks. He has the perfect physique and set of hands to catch a lot of passes in the middle of the field. Hernandez seems to be riding his coattails a bit. I see nothing special about him. I think he gets more passes thrown to him because Gronk is being blanketed.
    Hernandez is special in one respect -- he breaks more ankles (of his opponents) than any TE I have ever seen in history. He is to TE's running after the catch as Allen Iverson was to the crossover dribble. I say that with the disclaimer that I am a Pats fan, but I believe that I am speaking the truth.

That said, I agree with your overall point. Gronkowski is the true stud. Hernandez would be much less effective without Gronk or -- even more so -- without Gronk and Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensrule20 View Post
    OK......he didn't tweet that himself WNST did,but he still said it !
    No, he didn't. Read the actual interview transcript.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369089,-76.761180
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by actualspambot View Post
    no, he didn't. Read the actual interview transcript.

---
    i am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369089,-76.761180
    link ?

link ?

Check Post #26. If you actually go to the interview, you'll find his comments pertinent to this thread at about 14:00 into the 16:30 clip. He was quite complimentary to the NE TEs, to Dennis Pitta and to Kris Wilson.

In Post #39, I transcribed a short bit of the Q&A.

Coming from Ed "hands of stone " Duran ....I mean Dickson ????
    Ed Dickson doesn't even lead the RAVENS in drops.

Guy drops a ball or two and you people lose your damn minds. He is a good, young TE. We are fortuante to have both him and Pitta to fill in the void left by Heap.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post

Guy drops a ball or two and you people lose your damn minds. He is a good, young TE. We are fortuante to have both him and Pitta to fill in the void left by Heap.
    Huh???????????????????

Dickson, at the moment, is playing poorly. At the moment, he is not a good young TE. He needs to develop pass catching skills. It's not just the number of drops, but the type of drops -- critical times in drives, when he has been all alone and Flacco's passes have been on target. Contrary to Dickson's comparing our TE tandem to the Patriots': our guys are lower echelon.

Just like every other Ravens fan, I want Dickson to develop into the next Shannon Sharpe. But, from what we have seen this year, I don't know if that's ever going to happen.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

You do realize that he is a 2nd year, 3rd round pick. I think he is an asset that will only get better. I'm not going to throw him under the bus for the one drop, and a quote taken out of context.

You people need to relax. If it were up to fans, the official list of "busts" would have to be updated weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Dickson, at the moment, is playing poorly.
    Just like every other Ravens fan, I want Dickson to develop into the next Shannon Sharpe. But, from what we have seen this year, I don't know if that's ever going to happen.
    Sharpe's first season as a starter he had 53 grabs for 640 and 2 TDs.

Dickson had 54 for 528 and 5 TDs.

In no way am I saying that this means Ed will ever be Shannon, but what it does mean is that Shannon wasn't always SHANNON SHARPE, he was once just a pretty good young TE who became a star. Ed might just do it too.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369224,-76.761167
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

And lets not forget where all this Dickson-bashing started....With some local media hack Tweeting Ed's quotes out of context.

And it didn't take long for people to over exaggerate Dickson's drops from there.

If I were the head coach, I'd ban ALL of my players from Twitter and talking to the media. Apparently nothing good comes from it.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post

So your saying it is ok to drop one or two in critical game situation ? Trust me he has dropped more then one or two passes this year !! I don't dislike him, but come back and tell me how many Pitta has dropped compared to Dickson......

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    No he said it.. WNST is tweeting it..

But still tell him to catch the damn ball first before he goes shooting off at the mouth. I like the swagger, just wish it came from someone who is great, not Ed Dickson.... AKA captain Drops.
    It's funny you calling me out ?? Did you read it first before writing this ...lmao

12. Re: Ed Dickson

It's funny you calling me out ?? Did you read it first before writing this ...lmao
    I wasn't calling you out... just didn't listen to it, which was my fault. I should have listened to it first. Wont make that mistake again.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb