Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed Dickson

1. Re: Ed Dickson

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Well I just heard the part about comparing themselves to the NE TE's. Wasn't like that at all. It was stated before hand by Ed that they have a friendly rivalry. In an obviously joking tone Ed said that "they throw it like 50 times a game. They're good. I think we're better though. But they are great TE's."

They take four words out of an entire paragraph.
    Would you be kind enough to post a link? I cant find it anywhere.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Re: Ed Dickson

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Would you be kind enough to post a link? I cant find it anywhere.
    http://wnst.net/wordpress/audio-vault/

The Ed Dickson segments from High Topps.

NE TE thing is in the middle of part 1. Cam thing is part 2. I think part 3 has the other quote because I haven't gotten to it yet.

3. Re: Ed Dickson

K got it. thnx

I literally listened to that whole thing and never heard him say anything about celebrating on their field.

5. Re: Ed Dickson

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    I literally listened to that whole thing and never heard him say anything about celebrating on their field.
    Me too...

I really didn't hear anything bad. I'm not sure where all that stuff came from.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    So Ed is playing to his audience before you even hear what he has to say despite the fact that he's actually bashing our upcoming opponent, but Joe should shut up when he clearly made a throw away joke making fun of the media?

Spin it how you want, that's a double fucking standard.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369109,-76.761173
    Ed Dickson= bust

There is no definition of bust that fits a player who in his first season as a starter puts up 57 catches for 528 yards and 5 TDs.

That post= ludicrous.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369114,-76.761208
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Here are my thoughts on what Ed Dickson is saying:

Ed, love the confidence that you and Pitta are just as good (if not better) than Gronkowski and Hernandez. However, there is one glaring difference. Those two players don't drop passes that hit them in the hands. That's why between the two of them they have nearly 170 receptions for over 2200 yards and 24 touch downs. Aaron Hernandez alone has more yards than both Pitta and Dickson combined, 1 less TD, and 10 less receptions.

Ed, shut it dude. Seriously. Don't even talk about anything remotely close to those types of comparisons because to date we, as fans, have seen you drop passes left and right that hit you in the hands when you're wide open. Focus on your own skills man.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by don raven View Post
    Ed Dickson= bust
    Right.

This needs to go into the dumb post of the year pile for 2012.

Ed Dickson was a 3rd round pick. Generally speaking, those can't really be busts.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

What the hell is Ed smoking if he thinks he is as good as Gronk. And why is he on Radio, can't WNSt find anyone better to inteview.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Here are my thoughts on what Ed Dickson is saying:

Ed, love the confidence that you and Pitta are just as good (if not better) than Gronkowski and Hernandez. However, there is one glaring difference. Those two players don't drop passes that hit them in the hands. That's why between the two of them they have nearly 170 receptions for over 2200 yards and 24 touch downs.
    Yes, Dickson drops too many passes. However, the real glaring difference is that New England targets their TEs more than anyone else in the league. That's why they have more yards/receptions.

Targets:

124 Gronkowski
    113 Hernandez
    89 Dickson
    56 Pitta

For those that are math-impaired, that's New England 237, Baltimore 145 - a difference of 92 targets, which is only 12 fewer times than the Ravens have thrown the ball to their offensive spark, Ray Rice (104).

Of course those guys are going to have more receptions and yards than the Ravens' TEs. Gronkowski has more receptions (90) than Dickson has had opportunities. I'm not saying Dickson is as good as Gronkowski because he isn't close, but the receptions/yards stats alone really don't tell the story. New England's offense runs through the TEs and slot receiver. Three players - Welker (172), Gronkowski (124) and Hernandez (113) all have been targeted over 100 more times (409 to 304) than the Ravens' top three targets, Anquan Boldin (105), Ray Rice (104), and Torrey Smith (95).

I would put our biggest, strongest, quickest linebacker on Gronkowski at the line of scrimmage - and beat him up all day - holding him on blocks and bumping him every inch of those first five yards ALL DAY LONG. And when that linebacker got tired I would go to the next man up. Gronkowski would have a permanent Ravens shadow if I was calling the defensive plays. He would soon understand what it means to play the Ravens. Letting him run free through a zone is a disaster in the making.