Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 636465

Re: Game Thread - Week 1 Preseason - Eagles

Remember guys, if God forbid Oher gets hurt, Cousins is our starting LT. Even if they don't want to get rid of Cousins for some reason, we absolutely need some veteran depth.
    Founder of The J. Peterman Company - JPeterman.com - Follow me on Twitter

Blog Entries

Isn't Cousins always the one to get in camp fights? Maybe they don't want to cut him because they're afraid he'll go postal?

Seriously, we need an alternative.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Sign Boothe, Rudy Niswanger, or Leonard Davis and push Yanda back out to RT until Jah Reid can figure it out.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Niswanger is gone, signed somewhere earlier today.

Max Starks?
    Trai Essex?
    Flozell Adams?
    Langston Walker?
    Nick Kaczur?
    Shawn Andrews?
    Kevin Shaffer?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

I'd go after Kazcur or Shawn Andrews if I was hellbent on having Yanda stay at RG.

Andrews started almost every game last year for the Giants at LT. At RT, I think he'd be pretty decent. Same with Kazcur.

For RG and kick out Yanda:
    Trai Essex would be on my short list. He's ok. Not great, but better than anyone else outside of Grubbs and Yanda at OG right now. Leonard Davis would be a decent option as well.

6. Re: Game Thread - Week 1 Preseason - Eagles

Holy shit. I'm watching the replay on NFLN and during the second Flacco drive Mattsion gets beat, turns around and goes after the guy who beat him. He lunges at the guy missing Flacco's leg by a matter of inches.

Blog Entries

Oh wow...if he had hit Flacco and knocked him out for the year, I think Greg Mattison might have to sneak him in at Michigan to pose as a college student, just to get him away from the mob with torches.

8. Re: Game Thread - Week 1 Preseason - Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Oh wow...if he had hit Flacco and knocked him out for the year, I think Greg Mattison might have to sneak him in at Michigan to pose as a college student, just to get him away from the mob with torches.
    Yeah it was WAY too close. The guy who beat Mattison wasn't any closer to hitting Flacco than he was when he just recklessly dove at the guy with Flacco standing right there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'd go after Kazcur or Shawn Andrews if I was hellbent on having Yanda stay at RG.

Andrews started almost every game last year for the Giants at LT. At RT, I think he'd be pretty decent. Same with Kazcur.

For RG and kick out Yanda:
    Trai Essex would be on my short list. He's ok. Not great, but better than anyone else outside of Grubbs and Yanda at OG right now. Leonard Davis would be a decent option as well.
    The problem really is that...these guys have been out there all along. Ozzie has known about Cousins' abilities all along. And he's done NOTHING.

So why would we expect him to make a move now, if he wouldn't before?

Blog Entries

Money?

Maybe he wanted to see Cousins and Jah against a real defense?

Blog Entries

Maybe...but I hope Ozzie is sitting there shaking his head, going "I REALLY should have seen this coming. EVERYBODY knows Cousins can't handle his shit" My 5 month old daughter could tell him Cousins can't handle his own jock.

For Cousins it isn't "just the first game" -- isn't this his third year? How could the FO and coaching staff NOT know how bad he is? Did they think he would magically transform during an off-season with no OTAs? Did they REALLY count on a 3rd rounder to start?
    Or was it supposed to be last year's 6th rounder?

Please tell me again about "the plan." I think I missed the part of "the plan" that covered backup C. And I must have misunderstood "the plan" for OT. And WR? Is there a "plan" for WR? The D looks like it will be OK, but the O needs a new plan.