Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ellerbe Re-Signed

Just saw it on the Ravens twitter feed that Ellerbe has re-signed. Anyone have any details? If he just signed his tender wouldn't they have stated that? Could this be something that opens up some cap room like we speculated?

Blog Entries

Re: Ellerbe Re-Signed

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Just saw it on the Ravens twitter feed that Ellerbe has re-signed. Anyone have any details? If he just signed his tender wouldn't they have stated that? Could this be something that opens up some cap room like we speculated?
    That would be awesome if they retracted the tender and maybe gave him like a 2 year deal or something.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That would be awesome if they retracted the tender and maybe gave him like a 2 year deal or something.
    That could make it possible for them to sweeten the deal to get Jason Brown.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That could make it possible for them to sweeten the deal to get Jason Brown.
    :ww: If true.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

From what I see on Twitter it looks like he just signed his tender. He hadn't signed it before when it was extended to him, not many RFAs do.

Blog Entries

I think that says the team still wants him and likely has a plan for him. They could have out right released him and saved almost a full 2 million, as opposed to resigning him, even if only for a year, which will more than likely involve some sort of guaranteed money.

If its just his tender, I cant see it being news worthy, but also could open the door for everything were mentioning here. I cant say i remember for certain, but im pretty sure i heard he signed it right away, possibly on the Cap situations where he was accounted for?
    -JAB

The Sun is saying it is just his one-year RFA tender (meaning they must have failed to agree on an extension) and so that leaves only Cary Williams as the only RFA who has not signed yet. They are trying to negotiate a longer deal with Cary.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think that says the team still wants him and likely has a plan for him. They could have out right released him and saved almost a full 2 million, as opposed to resigning him, even if only for a year, which will more than likely involve some sort of guaranteed money.

If its just his tender, I cant see it being news worthy, but also could open the door for everything were mentioning here. I cant say i remember for certain, but im pretty sure i heard he signed it right away, possibly on the Cap situations where he was accounted for?
    The tweet just said re-signed without any details. I agree if it's just his tender it's nothing.

iggyman555 Guest

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=231623&spln=1

Ravens re-signed restricted free agent ILB Dannell Ellerbe to a one-year, $1.927 million contract.
    Ellerbe was tendered at the second-round level, partially because the Ravens weren't sure if they would lose starter Jameel McClain in free agency. With McClain and Ray Lewis locked in as the starters, Ellerbe will be a fill-in and special teamer again in 2012. Apr. 17 - 2:06 pm et

is that the tender amount?

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=231623&spln=1

Ravens re-signed restricted free agent ILB Dannell Ellerbe to a one-year, $1.927 million contract.
    Ellerbe was tendered at the second-round level, partially because the Ravens weren't sure if they would lose starter Jameel McClain in free agency. With McClain and Ray Lewis locked in as the starters, Ellerbe will be a fill-in and special teamer again in 2012. Apr. 17 - 2:06 pm et

is that the tender amount?
    Yes.

Blog Entries

Oh well. Too bad. Thought we were getting some cap space to make some other moves

Blog Entries

If he signs the tender, based on what I have heard, none of it is guaranteed. So, if they happen to draft someone who beats Ellerbe out for a roster spot, they can release him. It also depends on how many ILBs they intend to keep on the roster.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore