Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chris Christie

Blog Entries

Re: Chris Christie

Christie on the ACA:

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...alk_shows.html
    Meanwhile, Christie was critical of the controversial rollout of the Affordable Care Act — also known as Obamacare — calling the law "a mistake" and "a failed policy."

Obama has come under fire for erroneous comments he made over the last few years that everyone who liked their health care provider could keep it under the new system.

"The fact is: The president didn't tell people the truth," Christie said on ABC.

The governor defended his decision to allow the federal government to run New Jersey's exchange rather than the state instituting it.

"Anyone who has managed anything could see that this was a train wreck, and I was not gonna get the people of New Jersey involved in this train wreck," Christie said on CBS.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Christie on Gun Control:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...-of-questions/
    “We want to control violence,” Christie said. “Some of that may involve firearms, but a lot of it doesn’t. In fact my focus has been on making sure that mental health is done in a much more aggressive way in New Jersey.”

“I am for violence control,” he added.

“But is gun control is part of it?” Wallace asked.

“Well, it can be,” Christie conceded. “And in New Jersey I have signed some of those measures. But, I have also vetoed measures that I thought were overreaching and not consistent with Second Amendment rights.”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If this poll is accurate, Christie isn't too popular outside of NJ ….

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...etical-16-race
    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    He wouldn't even win New Jersey against Clinton. She polled better than him in the exit polls conducted in his most recent landslide win. And that election was engineered to keep Democratic turnout low (by scheduling the Booker special election earlier).

Christie would be better for the country than Clinton, imo, but that isn't saying much.

I think it is safe to say that barring something very unexpected, Clinton is a lock to win in 2016. Though the Obamacare debacle increasing, combined with a Republican candidate no one is thinking about right now, just might change the outlook.
    There is no doubt that a candidate like Christie is going to have a tough road ahead of him to win the GOP and the Presidency.

However, (this is totally my opinion) I think someone like Christie is going to be a lot easier for a majority of Americans to digest than someone like a Ted Cruz simply because Cruz is REALLY extreme on a lot of social issues.

...please keep in mind that my whole purpose for starting threads like this is mainly so I can learn more about the different potential candidates...

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    There is no doubt that a candidate like Christie is going to have a tough road ahead of him to win the GOP and the Presidency.

However, (this is totally my opinion) I think someone like Christie is going to be a lot easier for a majority of Americans to digest than someone like a Ted Cruz simply because Cruz is REALLY extreme on a lot of social issues.

...please keep in mind that my whole purpose for starting threads like this is mainly so I can learn more about the different potential candidates...
    I think that's two different things though.

You've talked before of your disdain for Fox News. While I agree that their general quality of journalism is indeed biased, keep in mind that it's the only outlet out there right now that's going to give you the side of the GOP / right wing on things.

I bring this up because programs like Special Report (my all time favorite news analyses show) does a great job in cutting through the BS on both sides, offering viewers a clearer picture than say ABC or CBS. I am not suggesting giving up the conventional media outlets. Rather, adding the more responsible programs from FNC (and NOT the talking head shows like Hannity, O'Reilley, etc) into your viewing habits.

Circling back to your original points, I think expanding your news viewing will help you evaluate not only the individual candidates, but the landscape in which they play. It's that landscape, not the candidate, that's going to dictate the type of candidate that will be elected. And unless that landscape changes, it won't be Christie.

And I don't think Rand Paul is as extreme as you think he is. He's extreme for the MSM but that's not saying much.

Blog Entries

It just doesn't seem that Rand Paul has anywhere near the clout that his dad has/had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    One of the things that politicians never considered was that most laws are statutes by which constituents are supposed to adhere to.

The ACA law is attempting to provide an actual service or deliverable to the American people. Laws just aren't supposed to be that way.

Also, the entire roll out is an epic steaming hot pile of FAIL on so many levels.

I think the only way that the ACA can actually work is if the entire thing is state run and offered/funded through the state. That way states could have their own referendum and allow the citizens of each state to truly determine if they want a socialized healthcare option, they can be a part of the ACA and abide by ACA guidelines.

The United States is just far too big and far too diverse for something like a centralized and federally run healthcare program to work.
    That ain't happening. You guys keep forgetting that Roberts ruled the states didn't have to contribute anything at all. According to the law, the Feds contribute most of it for the first 4 years and then the states kick in the rest as you say.

It was the 22 states that brought to suit to SCOTUS so when Roberts OKed the law, he said the states didn't have to contribute anything at all.

That is the beauty of Roberts decision. While OBY thought he had the biggest W since wellfare reform, he and nobody understood the part where the states don't pay into it.

The states said in the beginning they won. Roberts ruled in their favor. That's what I said before, Roberts knew the law would fail under it's own weight while history would look on him favorably for being kind to the underdog and not going to party affiliation.

NObody understood that magnitude of the states not paying except Roberts.

Like said last night on FOX, the law is here but will always be bogus especially if the Feds try to pay it all when the states don't have to in 4 years.

It's bogus now with 50M already losing plans. More will continue and any of those people who voted for him are getting what they deserve.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-12-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Blog Entries

But the irony of Roberts endorsing the law for the entire country is, he's exempt from it. He doesn't participate at all and Congress is exempt too. Roberts gets a fed plan just like I do.

Paul wants to make it so that all feds have to participate
    in it..

I’m not excited about doing that to staff or federal employees,” Paul replied. “But if the president thinks ObamaCare is a good idea, and if John Roberts thinks he can twist the Constitution and make ObamaCare constitutional, he ought to get it."

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rand-paul...should-get-it/

Christie is a RINO? He definitely isn't a Dem lol. With a national electorate getting younger, socially more liberal (but fiscally conservative), and more Hispanic I don't see the GOP winning states like VA, OH, CO, PA, or FL with guys like Rand, Rubio, Cruz, Jindal, or Perry unless they moderate some of their stances a little bit. I can see the GOP getting the Senate back based on the ACA mess but that's about it if they want to shut out guys like Christie and Ben Carson...

Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    Christie is a RINO? He definitely isn't a Dem lol. With a national electorate getting younger, socially more liberal (but fiscally conservative), and more Hispanic I don't see the GOP winning states like VA, OH, CO, PA, or FL with guys like Rand, Rubio, Cruz, Jindal, or Perry unless they moderate some of their stances a little bit. I can see the GOP getting the Senate back based on the ACA mess but that's about it if they want to shut out guys like Christie and Ben Carson...
    This same refrain has been said since the 60's.

What it fails to properly observe is many liberals move right the older they get.

Houston, look at the recent demographics and the GOP national polling. This isn't left-wing tripe. This is what GOP operatives themselves are concerned and speaking about. Have you read the RNC's own report?

http://online.wsj.com/public/resourc...rt03182013.pdf

Look at how VA voted in the pres election and then last week for governor due to NOVA. Guys like Cruz are going to struggle there and places like CO, OH, and PA compared to someone like Hillary unless the trends reverse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    Christie is a RINO? He definitely isn't a Dem lol. With a national electorate getting younger, socially more liberal (but fiscally conser
    vative), and more Hispanic I don't see the GOP winning states like VA, OH, CO, PA, or FL with guys like Rand, Rubio, Cruz, Jindal, or Perry unless they moderate some of their stances a little bit. I can see the GOP getting the Senate back based on the ACA mess but that's about it if they want to shut out guys like Christie and Ben Carson...
    Rush said months ago, don't be surprised if Christie runs for the DEMs. YOung people more fiscal?

My nephews that recently graduated from college are all liberals and they laughed when I said you'll be poor when your my age paying for the taxes on O BUMMER CARE.

They laughed.

Just two weeks ago my gorgeous niece who attends Slippery Rock announced on facebook that she is a liberal. If you didn't know it then, you do now. Her father is a baptist minister and she grew up in a Christian conservative home. All these kids are breaking my heart turning vs the family values they grew up in.

I gave them all $2,000 when they left for college. When one was an exchange student in Australia he ran out of money and asked me to send him enough to get home. I did. He was scared to ask his dad so he knew I'd send him the money.

I wonder if they'll give me a refund. They won't get another cent from me.

They just said on Fox last night that the GOP would have to win 6 of 7 Senate seats that are open plus hold their own. They couldn't gain in the last election, not the Senate so they're not
    taking over anything.

Rove and his boys running the GOP are as RINO as they can be. W even said when the market crashed he was going to be like FDR and promptly
    gave the major banks TARP money to bail them out. Then OBY gave them more.

NOt the conservative thing to do. Even Palin was in DC when W gave that money making sure her state got her share of the ear marks.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-13-2013 at 01:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Here's that quote from Rush.

As one comment below the quote says, "it's the only way he could run."

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2013/06...e-may-run.html