Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: 98 Rock Plans to fly banner over Heinz Field on Sunday

This is a goofy idea for so many reasons, most of which have been presented in this thread.

1) We aren't playing Pitt; their game that day will most likely mean nothing to the Ravens. Why that game?

2) We split with them this season, so it's not like we've dominated them. If we were 11-2 and they were 2-11, then maybe I could get behind it. But we're way too close this season to plan smack talk for Week 17. I mean, what happens if we're both 7-8 going into that last game? How stupid would it look???

3) 98 Rock still exists? Ever since I got Sirius after the Stern move, the only terrestrial radio I listen to are local sports broadcasts and, occasionally, 105.7. Can't stand the 20 minutes of commercials every hour!

You want to upset Steeler fans? Win another Super Bowl. They hate that!

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    This is a goofy idea for so many reasons, most of which have been presented in this thread.

1) We aren't playing Pitt; their game that day will most likely mean nothing to the Ravens. Why that game?

2) We split with them this season, so it's not like we've dominated them. If we were 11-2 and they were 2-11, then maybe I could get behind it. But we're way too close this season to plan smack talk for Week 17. I mean, what happens if we're both 7-8 going into that last game? How stupid would it look???

3) 98 Rock still exists? Ever since I got Sirius after the Stern move, the only terrestrial radio I listen to are local sports broadcasts and, occasionally, 105.7. Can't stand the 20 minutes of commercials every hour!

This.

Agree with what others have already stated. Childish & not really relevant to the situation. It doesn't show support for the Ravens, and it certainly doesn't paint Baltimore's fanbase in a good light. And if the Ravens should miss the playoffs, it makes us look even worse. 98 Rock used to be a good station. Now I guess they're just desperate for publicity.

This, absolutely. Winning a Super Bowl will never backfire on you. Stupid stunts can.

Blog Entries

It makes Ravens fans look like douchebags in the name of promoting some radio station. Everyone is going to assume it's Ravens fans behind this classless move. Gee, thanks assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    This...

Where's Lopez (RIP) when you need him? That station has gone so far downhill in 5-7 years its not funny.
    And his buds too. I can't believe it took Mark years to finally get a job with the Bay, and I don't think Kirk is working anywhere big like he was back in the day.

As for the plane thing; if the douchenozzles in Pitt haven't done this kind of stunt to us, then i don't want to do any childish crap to them.

If they have - then put on the banner "Remove Coach Tomlin from the Competition Committee". Some of the Yinzers might actually agree with that. ;)
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

I used to love Kirk, Mark and Lopez in the 90's/early 00's. Haven't really listened since Kirk and Mark left, which kind of coincided with getting Sirius to listen to Howard.

I agree with pretty much everyone else. The timing for this is just off. I do remember some idiot used to fly a plane over M&T on Steeler game days that said "Baltimore is Steeler Country" or something like that. Why don't they wait until we play in Shittsburgh next year and return the favor? Doing it in week 17 this year when we are done playing each other and both having mediocre seasons is just dumb.

I think it is kinda' funny. They should have done that just after they won the SB or went into the playoffs. A little too little too late. Better timing would have been better. They should have shelved this idea until the appropriate time.

Having been living in these parts for 45 years, I can say that yes, 98 Rock is in the crapper.

One last thing I'd like to add to this thread:

I don't have too many problems with Pittsburgh fans up there. For the most part, they aren't all that bad. It's the fucking douchebag Steeler fans who live in this area that I really have problems with, so any plane circling Heinz Field won't be seen by them anyway.

Hey now - I ain't no "douchebag!"

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    One last thing I'd like to add to this thread:

I don't have too many problems with Pittsburgh fans up there. For the most part, they aren't all that bad. It's the fucking douchebag Steeler fans who live in this area that I really have problems with, so any plane circling Heinz Field won't be seen by them anyway.

iagree:

/end-the-thread

Quote Originally Posted by jjmccraven View Post
    Pull the plug on 98ROCK! It was great in the late 70's through the mid late 90's but now its terrible. I would say it started to tank when they brought the very un-funny and Howard Stern want to be rip-off Mikey in along with the others. Make it New Country or something. The Ravens have to hate the fact thats the flagship station. WBAL is fine and love Keith Millls and crew but thats about it. PULL THE PLUG! Having them do this banner flag thing is low and a very un-classy move.
    No offense, I'd rather shoot myself then listen to new crap country vs what they play on that station now...