• Lee

11 25.58%
  • Beckham

26 60.47%
  • Cooks

6 13.95%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Gun to your head WR scenario

I posted this in another thread... here is the list of players I want at 17. It is 14 players.
    Greg Robinson
    Jake Matthews
    Taylor Lewan
    Zach Martin
    Sammy Watkins
    Mike Evans
    Eric Ebron
    Jadaveon Clowney
    Kalil Mack
    Anthony Barr
    Justin Gilbert
    Darqueeze Dennard
    Ha Ha Clinton Dix
    Calvin Pryor

IF all 14 are gone, and no trade back options are possible, the next two on my list would be Nix from ND and Beckham. Theoretically, if NO QB's had gone, they could be gone too. That would be truly AWFUL.

I'd probably take Tuitt at that point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I posted this in another thread... here is the list of players I want at 17. It is 14 players.
    Greg Robinson
    Jake Matthews
    Taylor Lewan
    Zach Martin
    Sammy Watkins
    Mike Evans
    Eric Ebron
    Jadaveon Clowney
    Kalil Mack
    Anthony Barr
    Justin Gilbert
    Darqueeze Dennard
    Ha Ha Clinton Dix
    Calvin Pryor

IF all 14 are gone, and no trade back options are possible, the next two on my list would be Nix from ND and Beckham. Theoretically, if NO QB's had gone, they could be gone too. That would be truly AWFUL.

I'd probably take Tuitt at that point.
    The premise of this thread is everyone attractive is gone but you have these 3 WRs still there.

I agree with most of your 14, but I wouldn't take Pryor or Nix or Tuitt or Barr at 17. For various reasons: little need, redundant skills (Pryor a box S like Elam?), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    The premise of this thread is everyone attractive is gone but you have these 3 WRs still there.

I agree with most of your 14, but I wouldn't take Pryor or Nix or Tuitt or Barr at 17. For various reasons: little need, redundant skills (Pryor a box S like Elam?), etc.
    I see WR as a position of little need as well... much lower need then DL. Barr is a significantly better prospect then any of the suggested WR's and I don't see a huge issue with having 2 quality young "box" safeties. The difference between FS and SS is not as big as suggested when schemed accordingly.

Honestly, the value of any of the 3 suggested WR's is downright frightful in a draft so stacked at WR.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I see WR as a position of little need as well... much lower need then DL. Barr is a significantly better prospect then any of the suggested WR's and I don't see a huge issue with having 2 quality young "box" safeties. The difference between FS and SS is not as big as suggested when schemed accordingly.

Honestly, the value of any of the 3 suggested WR's is downright frightful in a draft so stacked at WR.
    eh, I've seen plenty of questions surrounding guys like Barr and tuitt. And if the line between SS and FS isn't an issue, why did Ozzie specifically mention adding a more athletic S? Why would he draft an Elam clone? We had two box S's last year and at times it was an issue. The 3 WRs are usually ranked mid to late first rd on most big boards. I see their value as accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    eh, I've seen plenty of questions surrounding guys like Barr and tuitt. And if the line between SS and FS isn't an issue, why did Ozzie specifically mention adding a more athletic S? Why would he draft an Elam clone? We had two box S's last year and at times it was an issue.
    Pryor is significantly more athletic then Ihedigbo.

If a gun is to the noggin, then its Beckham. The player with the highest ceiling is Lee, but Beckham is just safer. I'm honestly not considering Martin at 17, maybe 20 and down.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    If a gun is to the noggin, then its Beckham. The player with the highest ceiling is Lee, but Beckham is just safer. I'm honestly not considering Martin at 17, maybe 20 and down.
    Not only that, but I don't think any of these players put Marlon in street clothes on Sunday, so if they don't play ST's, then THEY are in street clothes on Sunday... So to me, that rules Lee out at any point in the first round. Beckham, to me has a bit more ST's upside(then cooks), so he'd be my choice, but a gun would literally have to be to my head.

Oh I'd probably just take a different player, surely another good player would be available at that point that I like better. Oh, if I had a gun to my head? Well I know Karate so I'd just turn the gun back on him. Oh, you just want me to pick a damn receiver I like out of the three? Well I'd rather just be a poor sport. So nyah.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Is Rae Carruth out?
    ZING!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Out of those 3 I'd take Lee in a heartbeat

I have faith that Bobby Engram will get the best out of whoever we take and having a vet like Steve Smith on the team to learn from is just a bonus

Beckham is the safe pick and the one I wouldve taken if we still had our old offensive staff.Those guys were horrible at developing receivers but like i said i have faith in the new guys so you take the WR with the highest ceiling and thats Lee hands down

A lot of people are down on beckham because he ran slow at the combine. 4.6? But watching his tape, he definetly plays a lot faster. I do not hold much stock in the 40 anyway. So much of it is based off of learning how to come out of a sprinters stance. Proper technique can shave hundreds of seconds off which people fall in love with. Beckham is a playmaker with great hands above average game speed and good quick twitch to him. I would take him at 17 in this scenario. Personally I think he's going to end up being the best reciever from this draft class

Beckham ran in the 4.3's at the combine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.