Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Cary Signed tender

AP in Washington Post saying Cary Williams signed tender

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...M8T_story.html
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Re: Cary Signed tender

I will give Ozzie credit for trying to work out a long term deal with Williams, but I had a feeling that it just would not work. If Cary has another season like he had last year, he would certainly get more on the open market than what the Ravens would offer him.

When I hear people discuss Cary Williams, I get the sense that they forget, that last year was Williams' first season as a full-time starter. He still has significant room for growth. He hasn't plateaued. I would think that he and his agent both understand that.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I will give Ozzie credit for trying to work out a long term deal with Williams, but I had a feeling that it just would not work. If Cary has another season like he had last year, he would certainly get more on the open market than what the Ravens would offer him.

When I hear people discuss Cary Williams, I get the sense that they forget, that last year was Williams' first season as a full-time starter. He still has significant room for growth. He hasn't plateaued. I would think that he and his agent both understand that.
    I agree. Cary did a great job last year. He had to cover some of the best receivers in the league last year and held his own admirably. I see a budding star in that kid. I wish a long term deal could have been made. I definately think he will be gone next year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

6'1 190(with room to grow). Physical, runs a sub 4.45.

Physically alone this guy has the potential to be special. I had my concerns with him last season, my biggest problem with him is ballskills.. If he doesn't fix that, he will never reach his full potential, but it seems that it is something you either have or you dont. He needs to sleep with the Jug machine this off-season.

That said, at the end of the day he will most likely never get that big NFL contract playing for the ravens. If Jimmy Smith turns out like we all hope and expect, when his contract time comes up, having 3 top earning corners in the league just isn't good for your team. I almost feel his faith is inevitable. We shall see.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Probably occurred to Cary to sign his tender in case he got hurt....

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    6'1 190(with room to grow). Physical, runs a sub 4.45.
    Physically alone this guy has the potential to be special. I had my concerns with him last season, my biggest problem with him is ballskills.. If he doesn't fix that, he will never reach his full potential, but it seems that it is something you either have or you dont.... If Jimmy Smith turns out like we all hope and expect, when his contract time comes up, having 3 top earning corners in the league just isn't good for your team. I almost feel his fate is inevitable. We shall see.
    True dat Hands of stone. But otherwise, he exceeded my expectations last season. I also love his back story of overcoming a rough childhood and surviving a [downward] transfer from Fordham to Washburn. But the money is already on Webb. And if Smith has a strong 2012 (not missing the first half of the season will almost assure he will outperform his rookie year), then he'll get paid over Cary. I think drafting Jackson and keeping Gorrer & Brown around are parts of that plan.

All told. a re-signed Williams and extended Webb and Pollard, a presumably healthy Smith, and a quiet (for now at least) Ed Reed has me feeling pretty dang good about the secondary

Blog Entries

He just signed up for Twitter too. @CaryWilliams29
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Cary Williams is a great sign. Ozzie did a great job with this. 2yrs ago are secondary was depleted and the weakest unit on the team. He turned it around fast. I say we have one of the youngest talented trio of CB's in the NFL. (Webb, Smith, Williams) With many more years to come. Dont expect them to bring in another star FS(well maybe thru the draft the next few yrs) since we have good CB's that can cover.

iggyman555 Guest

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,6985329.story
    what is aaron wilson smoking??????

By Aaron Wilson The Baltimore Sun

10:20 a.m. EST, December 21, 2012

Cornerback Cary Williams made a calculated gamble prior to this season, betting on himself by declining the Ravens' three-year contract extension offer worth roughly $15 million.

Instead, Williams chose to play out the final year of his contract and will become an unrestricted free agent in March.

Williams has bolstered his prospects for cashing in with a career-high four interceptions, returning one for a touchdown. The 6-foot-1, 190-pounder has recorded 69 tackles, 15 pass deflections and a sack with two games remaining in the regular season.

Although whether he'll still play for the Ravens going forward or wind up in another NFL city next season remains up in the air, that's not Williams' focus right now.

"I don't worry about that type of stuff," Williams said. "All of that stuff will take care of itself as long as I'm handling my business. I can't do that. I would be cheating my teammates to be worrying about what's going on next year instead of worrying about the right now and being in the moment."

With shutdown cornerback Lardarius Webb out for the season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament, Williams has assumed the role of the Ravens' top cornerback assigned to cover opponents' best wide receivers.

For the most part, Williams has held up well. He did allow a 51-yard touchdown pass to Denver Broncos wide receiver Eric Decker during a 34-17 loss Sunday.

Whatever Williams has done this season will be evaluated by Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome, and his NFL colleagues.

"Yeah, most importantly is to impress these guys," Williams said. "If it impresses others, that's cool as well. My first priority is this team and this situation and making it to the playoffs."

The Ravens are mired in a three-game losing streak heading into Sunday's game against the New York Giants.

"We want it bad," Williams said. "We have to come up and play a complete game and control what we can control and prepare and play well."

awilson@baltsun.com

twitter.com/RavensInsider

Blog Entries

For all the crap he's taken, he really hasn't been all that bad this year, other than a couple games to start the year.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    what is aaron wilson smoking??????
    Something he picked up in Colorado or Washington. Cary still looks lost out there way too often.

You put Cary on a team with a solid Pass Rush and he'd probably play up to last years level again (not that he's been all that bad this year).