Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco Agrees To Deal, Will Sign on Monday

I'm just hoping we can keep Boldin now. Any FAs are out of the question but keeping this SB team together, except Kruger, after this block buster deal is a real coup.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I'm just hoping we can keep Boldin now. Any FAs are out of the question but keeping this SB team together, except Kruger, after this block buster deal is a real coup.
    More and more I think Boldin stays at least this year. I'm still hoping we come up with a friendlier extension for him to really retire a Raven, but it's possible he plays out his last year and we hope and pray Doss or someone else steps up and can fill his shoes.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Times like these should really be appreciate by all Ravens fans.

To put this into perspective, think about how long it has been since a team like Kansas City has had such a homegrown QB?

Herm Edwards mentioned something on Mike and Mike in the Morning, and Greenberg assisted in clarifying it.

The last QB drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs, to win a football game for the Kansas City Chiefs, was Todd Blackledge.

That was back in 1987. I was born in 1987.
    Blackledge was actually drafted in 1983. That's even scarier. . . But the Chiefs have a particularly bad track record in this area. Last year alone, every team in the AFC North won multiple games with a QB they drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    we hope and pray Doss or someone else steps up and can fill his shoes.
    Based on the #4 to #7 WRs on the roster/taxi squad today, there would be a huge fall-off should Boldin quit. Doss looks to becoming a bust, and there's not much behind him on the bench.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries
    @JasonLaCanfora: Joe Flacco will average $20.1M/yr in record deal, slightly more than Brees. Will make $62M over 1st 3 yrs, $1M more. 2013 cap #? Just $7M...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @JasonLaCanfora: Joe Flacco will average $20.1M/yr in record deal, slightly more than Brees. Will make $62M over 1st 3 yrs, $1M more. 2013 cap #? Just $7M...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That should still leave them with a little over 10 million cap space for 2013. That should be enough to resign Ellerbe and McKinnie.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

That should still leave them with a little over 10 million cap space for 2013. That should be enough to resign Ellerbe and McKinnie.
    A rumor is flying around that Ellerbe is looking for 50 over 6 years. Not sure if its true or not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Now that's funny because Buff signed Dwan Edwards who did squat up there after leaving the nest. Let's see how Kruger does w/o Ray and Suggs around him but I expect PAGS to make a run for Kruger in Indy if Jimmy agrees to pay for him. Indy goes for a lot of lower tier FAs like Ziggy.

Kruger might even make more in Buff than he's asking now-lol.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    A rumor is flying around that Ellerbe is looking for 50 over 6 years. Not sure if its true or not.
    link to this rumour, no way in hell he gets that.
    That would make him about he third highest paid MLB in th league

They would also still have to tender their RFAs and EFAs within that (give to take) $10M.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    They would also still have to tender their RFAs and EFAs within that (give to take) $10M.
    If you were the FO RIGHT now what would your proposed moves be, who would you cut, what would you save on said cuts, where would you spend that money, who would you extend etc etc, just a wee quick mock of the best possible solution in your eyes.