Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Americanmade2012 Guest

Orioles tied for first place!

I am just so proud of this team and have proven a lot of doubters wrong and now here it is Sep 4th and we are tied for first!

Blog Entries

Re: Orioles tied for first place!

It seems unreal. The Sheriff is hotter than a bonfire right now, and they're playing very good baseball overall. The bats are coming around, and it seems whoever Buck runs out there to start a game keeps the game close or shuts the other team down.

Not only are they in first place in Sep. for the first time since '97, a sweep of the Jays coupled with the Rays sweeping the Yankees sets them up great for the home series against the Yanks. Take 2 of three there, and they start the stretch run with a three game lead for the Division title.

Who coulda thunk it back in April?

Going into tonight, with 28 games left, the Orioles were in position to win at least 89 games just by playing .500 ball. If Buck can keep them playing at this level, we've a good chance to have a 90+ win team.

First! Fucking! Place!
    I'm so damn excited for the Orioles I can't see straight. Even with the rough patch in June and July they kept fighting. This team has no quit and a ton of heart!
    Let's sweep the Jays tomorrow and take our home stadium back over against the MF Yankees!!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Americanmade2012 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    It seems unreal. The Sheriff is hotter than a bonfire right now, and they're playing very good baseball overall. The bats are coming around, and it seems whoever Buck runs out there to start a game keeps the game close or shuts the other team down.

Not only are they in first place in Sep. for the first time since '97, a sweep of the Jays coupled with the Rays sweeping the Yankees sets them up great for the home series against the Yanks. Take 2 of three there, and they start the stretch run with a three game lead for the Division title.

Who coulda thunk it back in April?

Going into tonight, with 28 games left, the Orioles were in position to win at least 89 games just by playing .500 ball. If Buck can keep them playing at this level, we've a good chance to have a 90+ win team.
    I believe it is four games against the yankees but I agree completely take at least three of four

Blog Entries

I'm still in awe that 90+ games is a very realistic scenario for the O's.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm still in awe that 90+ games is a very realistic scenario for the O's.
    Yeah, even in the middle of last month I was thinking how great it was going to be to win 84 or 85 games. Now 90 looks doable.

Go O's!

You have to trust Showalter that he knows best, but I am worried that he is starting Hammel on Thursday against the Yankees instead of Gonzales. Hammel hasn't pitched for this team in 6 weeks while Gonzales has been pitching 'lights out' including a great outing in New York last weekend (great composure). I was hoping Hammel would get his first start against Toronto tonight while giving Gonzales one more day between starts.

Haven't been on here in quite sometime. Still posting over on the sun.....Had to swing by and say how much I'm enjoying the Oriole run. It's been awhile. No matter what happens....it's been fun.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Americanmade2012 View Post
    I believe it is four games against the yankees but I agree completely take at least three of four
    You're right.

It's amazing that they control their own destiny to such a considerable degree to win the division after the last 14 years.

whoa,
    I didn't know there was a oriole forum here.
    Orange and purple,
    go O's.

How about them fucking Orioles tonight?!?!? This team keeps finding away!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Teagarden with a 2 run double in the bottom of the 7th to give the O's the lead.
    Who would have thunk it?
    Hope they hold on for the win.