Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NHL Thread

Re: 2017 NHL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    TSN1200 (Ottawa's station - I'm a daily listener) had a good talk on the Caps today. Just about the evolution of Ovie leading up to this year and how much different he looks as a player. Specifically, when the playoffs start he's not going to be expected to carry the goal scoring load and it's a much more spread out team. Thought you guys would be interested in that.
    Goes to the stuff Trotz has been preaching since losing to the Pens. He wants things spread out as opposed to Ovie, Backstrom and Kuzy handling everything.

Last night was a good snap shop of that new philosophy. 6 goals scored and Ovie didn't take one shot on goal.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Goes to the stuff Trotz has been preaching since losing to the Pens. He wants things spread out as opposed to Ovie, Backstrom and Kuzy handling everything.

Last night was a good snap shop of that new philosophy. 6 goals scored and Ovie didn't take one shot on goal.
    Sounds like you're gonna owe me what's in your retirement savings ;)
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Sounds like you're gonna owe me what's in your retirement savings ;)
    We'll see

TSN1200 (Ottawa's station - I'm a daily listener) had a good talk on the Caps today. Just about the evolution of Ovie leading up to this year and how much different he looks as a player. Specifically, when the playoffs start he's not going to be expected to carry the goal scoring load and it's a much more spread out team. Thought you guys would be interested in that.
    Thanks for posting. Nice to hear opinions outside the echo chamber.

will they get 5.....

streaming the pitt vs arizona game, how in the world there are so many penguin fans in arizona????

edit: did anyone else watch the end of this game. there were 4 guys on the ice for arizona for 10 seconds before the goal. i thought it was always 3 on 3 unless there is a penalty?
    Last edited by WrongBaldy; 02-12-2017 at 12:02 AM.

NHL history.

Unfuckingreal. 6 goals again.

Had me worried for a few minutes there, Caps. Thanks for not letting the damn Ducks scrape a point from that.

The Habs are having a really rough go post all-star break.

Ottawa has a legit shot at taking control of the Atlantic.

I think that mostly goes to show how weak the division is lol
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    streaming the pitt vs arizona game, how in the world there are so many penguin fans in arizona????

edit: did anyone else watch the end of this game. there were 4 guys on the ice for arizona for 10 seconds before the goal. i thought it was always 3 on 3 unless there is a penalty?
    so i was doing some rule book reading and it turns out that after a 4 on 3 power play is over then team with 3 guys brings on an extra skater onto the ice instead of the team with 4 taking one guy off the ice. so its 4 on 4 until the next whistle and then it goes back to 3 on 3.

The Habs are having a really rough go post all-star break.

Ottawa has a legit shot at taking control of the Atlantic.

I think that mostly goes to show how weak the division is lol
    Price is having a brutal stretch himself. Honestly, I almost want Ottawa to stay in 2nd haha better to play the 3rd place Atlantic team than the 4th place Metro team. God this playoff format is dumb.

Didn't realize Backstrom was having such a great year for the Caps, just 1 point back of McDavid for the league lead. Story of that guy's career I suppose, excellent player but always in the shadow of Ovechkin.

I'll be here for the tournament. Especially, tournament OT.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver