Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Would the NFL Ban an Owner for Life?

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Please this guy probably has 10 side chicks.
    Tiger Woods had 3 times that man girl friends - all whores. We know he likes blow jobs.

I LET HER KEEP THE RING AND THE BENTLY BUT I GET THE PUP. HUGH HEFNER

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    !Conspiracy Theory Alert! Skip if so inclined...

With the rumours that Magic Johnson is interested in buying the team, and he was one of the guys Sterling's girlfriend was posing with instagram on, could he have put her up to recording him?

She'd have known full well what he was like and would have plenty of opportunity to entice him into saying something moronic. She must have had a specific reason to have actually have a recording device on her at that time.

I know this toeing the crackpot side of the line, and is possibly adding 2 and 2 and getting 5, but something to ponder nonetheless.
    I read a comment on n article that laid out very well, how this could have happened. Whether true or not is another story, but it at least made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I read a comment on n article that laid out very well, how this could have happened. Whether true or not is another story, but it at least made sense.
    Here's an article that touches on it. Sounds like she is a real gold digger.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/k...-audio1-042914
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

I don't need an article to tell me that she's a gold digger.

All I need is my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't need an article to tell me that she's a gold digger.

All I need is my eyes.
    lol! What gave it away for you?

She's been milking this dude for while. A Ferrari, 2 Bentlys, a Range Rover, and a duplex worth $1.8 mil.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

The Marge Schott references brought back a funny memory.

My dad worked in radio station (engineering) starting in the early 50's.. One of his first bosses was Charles Schott (Marge's husband) who owned a handful of radio stations in Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia and Maryland. Charles died the year I was born while my dad was still working for one of his stations. Marge took over running the business from there and as a young boy I saw her on a regular basis. Eventually she sold off most of his businesses to focus on the Reds.. She used to throw a big "reunion" party every year for the radio people which I attended through my teen years.

Fast forward to 1990. I had not seen her in a few years and it was still a couple years before she made her infamous statements about Jews and African Americans. Me and some buddies went to Chicago for the All Star game that year and as our bus from the airport was pulling up to the Intercontinental hotel to drop us off, one of my buddies looks out the window and says, "Hey look, it's Marge Schott!". Marge was standing near the Valet desk talking to someone I didn't recognize. I kind of chuckled and figured I'd play dumb as we got off the bus. Sure enough she spotted me and yells, "Hey!! (my name)!!" and comes over and gives me a big hug. My buddies about shit a brick.

Two years later when all the shit hit the fan with Marge I had to hide from the same guys who accused me and my family of being friends with a Nazi. Oops!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    !Conspiracy Theory Alert! Skip if so inclined...

With the rumours that Magic Johnson is interested in buying the team, and he was one of the guys Sterling's girlfriend was posing with instagram on, could he have put her up to recording him?

She'd have known full well what he was like and would have plenty of opportunity to entice him into saying something moronic. She must have had a specific reason to have actually have a recording device on her at that time.

I know this toeing the crackpot side of the line, and is possibly adding 2 and 2 and getting 5, but something to ponder nonetheless.
    Even if this theory were to somehow prove to be true, Sterling is, quite frankly, one mother fucker that had this coming. That fool should have been banned years ago. His resume in sexual harassment/racist, statements, lawsuits, etc. is longer than the distance from home to the center field wall at the Polo Grounds.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Even if they couldn't legally force him to sell, they could make it ridiculously unbearable to continue to try and operate the franchise.
    Remember when William Donald Schaeffer got the eminent domain law passed to condemn the Colts for the state. Prob was, the guv had to sign the law the next day which gave Irsay just enough time to sneak out in the middle of the night and in a snow storm to boot. Forcing an owner out is hard to do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Never argue with an EX - wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, significant other or any other person without expecting something to be recording it and for it to come back to bite you.
    Man is that true. I put something on paper with an ex long ago and she passed it on to everyone and their cousin. Then another gal did something similar w/o anything written and nobody would believe her even though it was true-lol but I kept quiet about her dirty little secrets and she was a church girl. Everything comes out in the wash when you have a lover - everything.

The girl in the pic doesn't even know my real name. NObody does. Everyone calls me Trap. :ww:
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-29-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Donald Sterling, the owner of the LA Clippers, has just been banned for life by the NBA. He has been fined $2.5 million and the league will try to force him to sell the team. This all stems from racial comments he made. The very new Commissioner of the NBA Adam Silver is the one making this ruling. I wonder if an owner of an NFL team did the exact same thing would he receive the same punishment?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-ban...181803437.html

The NBA has banned Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling for life and fined him $2.5 million for racial comments he made to his reported girlfriend. The NBA will immediately begin working to try to force him to sell the team.

"The hateful opinions voiced by that of the man [on the tape] are those of Donald Sterling," NBA commissioner Adam Silver said. "…I'm personally distraught the views expressed by Mr. Sterling came from within an institution that has historically taken such a leadership role in matters of race relations."

As part of the ban, Sterling is not allowed "to attend any NBA games or practices, be present at any Clippers office or facility, or participate in any business or player personnel decisions involving the team." Sterling also will be barred from attending any Board of Governors meetings and participating in any other league activity.

The fine is the maximum the NBA can issue under the NBA constitution, Silver said. Seventy-five percent of the NBA's owners must vote to oust Sterling to force him to sell.

"I fully expect to get the support needed," Silver said.
    I don't know what he could have possibly said that would warrant such a drastic measure of injustice.
    I've heard Barkley say so many racist things it's pathetic, yet he is still a very notable spokesman and recognized by the NBA....We're talking about a man's livelihood and just because we don't like the way he voices his opinions on race, politics or religion, is certainly not reason enough to take what he has worked for all his life....That's ridiculous, fine him ,ok but be reasonable. Vick ran a dog killing ring for sport and the NFL reinstated him because they thought taking his livelihood away permanently was too extreme.....This guy just said something people don't like and is frowned on in today's society. So did Dog the bounty hunter but he was reinstated also.

I am probably in minority here, I don't legitimately think that NBA owners can force him to sell his team because there is no morals clause. From my reading, Chapter 13 has wording to the effect that an owner has to "fail to fulfill" a "contractual obligation". Without a morals clause, it is hard go boot an owner in that manner. Nonetheless, it wouldnt surprise me if the NBA decides to boot him (especially if they make the votes public) and he would certainly contest the decision in a federal court unless the Congress denies the a federal court the jurisdiction to hear the case (unlikely to happen, anyway).

All in honesty, it is rather sad that we routinely ask a governing body to make a decision for us like we are powerless sitting ducks; when we should exercise our economic power by not watching the games, purchasing tickets, et cetera.

I certainly have a lot of thoughts on this case... I am not going to share here since it is more political/anthropological unless someone provokes a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    I don't know what he could have possibly said that would warrant such a drastic measure of injustice.
    I've heard Barkley say so many racist things it's pathetic, yet he is still a very notable spokesman and recognized by the NBA....We're talking about a man's livelihood and just because we don't like the way he voices his opinions on race, politics or religion, is certainly not reason enough to take what he has worked for all his life....That's ridiculous, fine him ,ok but be reasonable. Vick ran a dog killing ring for sport and the NFL reinstated him because they thought taking his livelihood away permanently was too extreme.....This guy just said something people don't like and is frowned on in today's society. So did Dog the bounty hunter but he was reinstated also.

On top of that, it was a private conversation in a private domain. Furthermore, the evidence that NBA has to justify its decision comes from a fruit fro the poisonous tree.