Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    My opinion: I think when they got Suggs back, they thought that the defense would round into, if not top 10, at least an average defense. And for a while, it looked like that was going to happen. But with the continued injuries, and the upcoming teams (and offenses) they are going to face, and will likely face in the playoffs, they realized that the offense had to be totally unshackled and let loose.

My theory: There was a HUGE lack of confidence by Cameron in terms of what he thought Flacco could do. And that may have been justified. I think Harbaugh went to him last night and said we have to turn Joe loose, and Cameron basically said it is not going to work so not on my watch. Total conjecture on my part (obviously).
    If "turning Joe loose" means becoming a pass happy team that reduces Rice's carries, then I don't think it will work. Flacco will turn the ball over in key situations. IMO, the problem with Cam wasn't that he wasn't calling enough passing plays, it was that he was calling way too many slow developing plays. I wanted to see more passing plays that had Flacco getting rid of the ball faster. More screens, slants, and motion plays. Basically, incorporating a bunch of plays from the Patriots offense. Doing so, would hide some of the deficiencies in the Ravens OL. The offense still needs to go through Ray Rice though IMO.

Blog Entries

I'm expecting a lot of Ray Rice this weekend....

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    How many more years is Cam signed for?
    His contract extension was just through this year. He was most likely done at the end of the season anyway. Why not use the last 4 games to give Caldwell a shot at getting the job next season?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    His contract extension was just through this year. He was most likely done at the end of the season anyway. Why not use the last 4 games to give Caldwell a shot at getting the job next season?
    Thanks. Please don't get me wrong, I totally agree with this move.

Blog Entries

Any word on what Big WILLIE was saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    be careful steve. don't let the inmates run the assylum.
    Supposedly some players are not happy with the move. Of course those are "anonymous" players being quoted. I wouldn't be surprised if the move came from Steve himself.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    My opinion: I think when they got Suggs back, they thought that the defense would round into, if not top 10, at least an average defense. And for a while, it looked like that was going to happen. But with the continued injuries, and the upcoming teams (and offenses) they are going to face, and will likely face in the playoffs, they realized that the offense had to be totally unshackled and let loose.

My theory: There was a HUGE lack of confidence by Cameron in terms of what he thought Flacco could do. And that may have been justified. I think Harbaugh went to him last night and said we have to turn Joe loose, and Cameron basically said it is not going to work so not on my watch. Total conjecture on my part (obviously).

Not sure about your theory piece, but the opinion piece is 100% right on imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    He said Cam just showed up to the Castle with a gun and is taking hostages....more to follow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If "turning Joe loose" means becoming a pass happy team that reduces Rice's carries, then I don't think it will work. Flacco will turn the ball over in key situations. IMO, the problem with Cam wasn't that he wasn't calling enough passing plays, it was that he was calling way too many slow developing plays. I wanted to see more passing plays that had Flacco getting rid of the ball faster. More screens, slants, and motion plays. Basically, incorporating a bunch of plays from the Patriots offense. The offense still needs to go through Ray Rice though IMO.
    I agree. Some people, apparently including Cam, seem to think Joe is incapable of throwing those types of passes. Or maybe he was so enamored with his big arm he only wanted Joe to throw sideline routes.

Either way, we need to incorporate more varied passing into our scheme. I sure hope Caldwell implements these changes.

This whole board right now:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Nothing really. Just talking about OL tendencies, etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    He said Cam just showed up to the Castle with a gun and is taking hostages....more to follow