Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Casey had more tackles and some sacks. I like Cody a lot but I just think comparing him to Hampton is aiming too high.

Jason Fegurson was such a good NT that Bill Parcells would make sure to bring him in anywhere he went. Ferguson played 13 years for the Jets, Cowboys and Dolphins. He was the perfect 3-4 NT though I'm sure most haven't even heard of him. If Cody ends like Jason Ferguson he will have had a hell of career.
    Yeah Cody didn't get many snaps in his rookie year like Hampton did. Looking back at their statistics, Cody racked up 34 total tackles in 2011, Hampton had 41 tackles in his second year, and two sacks. So yeah maybe it is a little unfair at this point to compare them, but who knows with a better conditioned Cody, time will tell. I still think 1 or 2 pro bowls isn't out of the question though.

Blog Entries

I don't think there is any reason why Cody can't develop into a NT that is as good as guys like Hampton, Raji, and Wilfork.

Wilfork is interesting though because he's got such a low center of gravity, but his feet are stupid quick. You don't see many men his size with quick feet like that.

Cody is also a different animal because not only is he so big, but he's tall as well. Wilfork and Hampton are both under 6'2" and Cody is between 6'4" and 6'5". It's a lot harder for him to get underneath OL'men than it is for guys like Wilfork and Hampton. Raji is kind of in that same boat at right around 6'2".
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

with the loss of Redding and McKinney, he has the perfect opportunity. Sure hope he takes advantage

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    with the loss of Redding and McKinney, he has the perfect opportunity. Sure hope he takes advantage
    .. and then McPhee ends up getting like 8 sacks and makes the pro bowl, haha that would kind of suck for Cody. But honestly, I think if McPhee progresses even more this year, and Cody takes that next step up, our defensive line could be one of the best in the league.

Blog Entries

Can't speak for the scouts or war rooms, but IMO Cody's image took a major nosedive in the eyes of football fans in general when he ran the 40 at the combine without a shirt.
    Flailing moobs seared in minds.

Now for me and probably most of us, we have watched his physique and play improve to the point where that combine becomes more of a curiosity. He is going to have to get good national exposure, not only for fan voting, but also for the opinions of a number of sports writers/commentators that have such a high opinion of their opions they never research or check facts.

I think Cody can be better than Gregg (and I really liked Gregg) but be just as overlooked (except by the people lining up against him gameday).

We win a SB, his pro-bowl voted will go up.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    .. and then McPhee ends up getting like 8 sacks and makes the pro bowl, haha that would kind of suck for Cody. But honestly, I think if McPhee progresses even more this year, and Cody takes that next step up, our defensive line could be one of the best in the league.
    I'm kinda worried about the loss of Redding so I hope these guys surprise me

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

A lot of Hampton's success was not only based on the Steelers having an elite defense but also that the coaching staff, the players and opponent offensive lineman raved about him.

When your HOF DC, Coach(yeah I know its the Chin but he's going to get in one day) and All-Pro defensive teammates say that you made the D elite it counts for something (although Chris Hoke played one year and their D didn't skip a beat).

The biggest thing about Hampton is that in his prime, he was immovable which is what you need out of a NT. Cody may end up having a career like Ted Washington who at 6'4" was stout as a young player and simply used his increasing girth as he got older to hold the point of attack. Ted also excelled as a 4-3 DT so TC will have to show some diversity in his game to get to that level. TC is also incredibly strong (I've seen plays where he's held up a lineman with one arm trying to clear room for him or one of the backers to make a play) but he's got to become immovable on a consistent basis.

As for Wilfork, I cringe every time I see him because he's become elite and to think we gave him up for Boller. SMH

My daughter and I met him last year and stated to him that this year will be his breakout year. His handler said he was good now I said next year will be a whole new level. Looks like he's going to prove us right.

9. Re: Mt. Cody - down to 341lbs.

LOl some guys just aren't meant to be 3 down lineman... Mt Cody knows what his Job is.. Him sliming down is not only good for him as a Dlineman, its great for him as a person. I'm happy he's down. This will help his endurance a lot as well.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx
    Can't speak for the scouts or war rooms, but IMO Cody's image took a major nosedive in the eyes of football fans in general when he ran the 40 at the combine without a shirt.
    Flailing moobs seared in minds.

Now for me and probably most of us, we have watched his physique and play improve to the point where that combine becomes more of a curiosity. He is going to have to get good national exposure, not only for fan voting, but also for the opinions of a number of sports writers/commentators that have such a high opinion of their opions they never research or check facts.

I think Cody can be better than Gregg (and I really liked Gregg) but be just as overlooked (except by the people lining up against him gameday).

We win a SB, his pro-bowl voted will go up.
    Are you thinking of Andre Smith? He did that...dont remember Cody doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Are you thinking of Andre Smith? He did that...dont remember Cody doing that.
    Agree. Cody did have a pic taken of him with his shirt off.

Both he and Andre Smith looked less than impressive.

Blog Entries

Well, I don't know many 350+ lb guys that are ripped.