Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Re: Ravens Game Rescheduled

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    this game has to be played this week right? There is no way to move the game to a later date.
    Somehow, I get the feeling we are going to screwed in some way due to the NFLs decision to wait to see what happens rather then be proactive to the situation.

By screwd I mean playing this game on our bye week, and having this be our bye week.

Now that would require some other stuff and teams to maneauver around a bit, but it is a possibility.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Thumbs down Re: Ravens Game Rescheduled

this game has to be played this week right? There is no way to move the game to a later date.
    Unfortunately, a very real scenario the NFL is considering involves making this weekend the bye for Ravens and Texans, with a swap of later byes with the Bengals. Sucks: this game should be played Monday night at the Alamodome, 3 hour bus ride away for the Texans and just a different airport for the Ravens, easily accessible and apparently not impacted by the storm.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Somehow, I get the feeling we are going to screwed in some way due to the NFLs decision to wait to see what happens rather then be proactive to the situation.

By screwd I mean playing this game on our bye week, and having this be our bye week.

Now that would require some other stuff and teams to maneauver around a bit, but it is a possibility.
    That would be the worst shit ever
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

That would be the worst shit ever
    No, the worst shit ever is living in a city/town and having it demolished by a hurricane.

It could rank up there is some as the dumbest shit ever though by the NFL not to have already moved it to safer grounds.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    No, the worst shit ever is living in a city/town and having it demolished by a hurricane.

It could rank up there is some as the dumbest shit ever though by the NFL not to have already moved it to safer grounds.
    sorry should have made it clear that was what I was saying, ofcourse dealing with that is bad, i was simply talking about the game
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Angry Re: Ravens Game Rescheduled

from everything i have heard its gonna be played on our bye week so there for the ravens get screwed out of thier bye week in week 10.meaning this is our bye week in which was after only one game(as everyone already knows) but the players didnt get their week to relax and take their mind off football and deal with personal issues.shit happens in life nobody can can control certain things but the NFL could have very well set up some kind of arrangement to play this game is an area that is much more safe then houston.just another way the NFL slams us in the ass.

i understand this is a very serious time and more important then just football and a game but everybody knows this game will be played so why the hell couldnt they move it somewhere else.it f'n irks the shit out of me

We have definitely been screwed.

The league has optimized around economics, but not around either teams, frankly.

I think the Houston Texans would rather have a game on a neutral field than get screwed on their bye.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I think the Houston Texans would rather have a game on a neutral field than get screwed on their bye.
    Apparently Bob McNair was refusing to have the game played at an alternate venue.

I was checking out NST's new site and came across DF's blog on the subject. He presents a pretty interesting argument that the NFL did the right thing for the Houston Texans and their community by handling it this way.

It's worth a look.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

All I can say is: Oh Freaking Please. If you think Bob McNair and the Texans refused to have another site host this game for any reason other than economics you are out of your damn mind. Are any of those issues with people losing homes going to change next week, when the Texans go somewhere else to play their next scheduled game?

Mishandled by the NFL and pushed around by an owner wanting his green - period.

I have a heart and think Goodell screwed the pooch on this and the Ravens, Texans and Bengals. Anyone who watched the Weather Channel knew this storm was going to have a huge impact as soon as Wed. Bob McNair should have reached into his wallet and put the team and their family's up in Austin, kinda like the Saints did for Gustav. Obviously his greed and heartlessness knows no bounds. Did he think of the police officers working 12 on and 12 off that would have to direct traffic for the game? The people that bought tickets to the game that would not be able to go because of work/family obligations? Nope he already has their money:( If he really cared he would have had the game at a neutral stadium and taken donations for hurricane relief, like they did a few years ago when the Chargers had to move to AZ because of the wildfires. You can bet your last dollar if it was one of the NFL Darlings, aka irsay's or Patriots, the game would have gone on. Goodell has the spine of a jellyfish. Natural disasters happen and its not like this was a huge surprise, there should have been a better plan, the people of Houston deserve better and so do the Ravens.

I didn't have a chance to get on here yesterday, we had my youngest son's
    4th BD party. I did see the announcement & was really po'd. We heard when they made the decision to play Monday night they had a backup plan to play @ another site. Well now my team get's screwed & has to play 15 games w/o a bye, our bye is the 2nd week of the season, we have 5 of 6 games on the road, etc, etc. The league, in pursuit of their image, never wanted to play this game anywhere else but Houston. I heard a reporter for the Houston Chronicle on the NFLN before the conference call took place & he was saying the league was "callous" if they moved this game to a neutral site on Monday rather than reschedule in Houston later. It appears the league caved to this kind of pressure rather than using common sense. With all due respect to the people who went thru this event in Houston, the game should have been played in New Orleans Monday night since the Superdome is already set up for football. End of story!!
    Last edited by PARavensJeff; 09-14-2008 at 08:10 AM.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!