Page 71 of 333 FirstFirst ... 6970717273 ... LastLast

Cool Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    With Ray calling it quits i think it's more vital to get a ILB that can play right away...not because of losing Ray but because an Ogletree i dont think could beat out Mcclain in year one for the other LB spot because he wont be ready to play between the tackles. I personally dont wanna see Mcclain taking heavt snaps next year. I was thinking along the lines of this...

Trade down from the first to the early 2nd round and take Aboushi, use that ammo to move up in the 2nd and take Kevin Minter or Arthur Brown. In the 3rd i'd take Baccari Rambo and in the 4th i'd take Missouri southern NT/DT Brandon Williams. I'd still sign a Terrance Knighton or Aubrayo Franklin while Williams is groomed to take over at the Nose, Williams can also play the 5-tech. With the rest of the draft i'd find another edge rusher to groom, a nickel LB, a backup QB and just go best available with whatever picks are left.
    I like your draft scenario except that instead of Minter or Brown, I'd pick Hodges instead! And I'd be sure to use one of the lower round picks on a large, tall, blocking TE that could be something of a red zone target. Otherwise, I think you really nailed it!

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Question. Is Cody a FA this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Okay, how about Elam, Arthur Brown, Da'Rick Rogers?

It's a shame you only get one pick per round sometimes.
    Elam, Arthur Brown, and Da'Rick Rogers with the first three picks would be unbelievable. I'd jump for joy with those three guys, all of whom have elite upside. Ozzie would be robbing the rest of the league if he managed to get all 3.

I would think you'd have to do some real manuevering to make that happen. Elam is a 1st round pick that I could see maybe slipping into the top of the 2nd, but no further back. Arthur Brown and Da'Rick Rogers are both 2nd rounders, I guess Rogers could slip into the 3rd if he has a bad Combine.

Blog Entries

I know. I'm just dreaming I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Question. Is Cody a FA this year?
    No, he's under contract at a very cheap amount.....$800-$900k I believe. Makes it hard to cut him with that type of salary.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    based on the Jimmy Johnson value chart, our first two picks are roughly equal to the 17th pick, assuming we picked 29. SO take that plus or minus 2 picks. I suggest, that if the right player(Let's call him Eric Fisher) is the last remaining LT candidate the FO likes, and it's around pick 15, that we should be picking up the phone. I'm not suggesting moving several picks(unless the 2 is not one of them) and I'm certianly not suggesting packaging future 1sts. But Yes, I would trade 1+2 or 1,3,4+6(assuming we have a good portion of comp picks) for the right guy, againassumign he's the last one the FO lkes.
    Trading up to get the guy we want makes more sense this draft than ever before...particularly if the Ravens do indeed get that compensatory 3rd and 4th rounder .

I haven't seen any mention of Joe Kruger yet here. What are your thoughts? Maybe we should just not go after re-signing Paul and try to draft little brother Joe as his replacement. Any word on his NFL readiness compared to his big brother?

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I haven't seen any mention of Joe Kruger yet here. What are your thoughts? Maybe we should just not go after re-signing Paul and try to draft little brother Joe as his replacement. Any word on his NFL readiness compared to his big brother?
    Nfldraftscout.com might have something on him IIRC
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Trading up to get the guy we want makes more sense this draft than ever before...particularly if the Ravens do indeed get that compensatory 3rd and 4th rounder .
    We are definitely getting a 4th for Grubbs. Count on it. A 3rd would have been a lock had he made the pro bowl.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    I like your draft scenario except that instead of Minter or Brown, I'd pick Hodges instead! And I'd be sure to use one of the lower round picks on a large, tall, blocking TE that could be something of a red zone target. Otherwise, I think you really nailed it!
    You are referring to Nevada's Zach Sudfeld...though he's more than something of a red zone target. Every bit as talented as Eifert but wasn't featured in Chris Alt's system. He blocked a boatload in that system.

G3

@BigPlayReceiver

Couple questions. What are your thoughts on nico Johnson? He had a lot of expectation coming into this season and with mostly going back to school I figured his stock would rise.

Are there any late round type LT like last years Andrew Datko who only fell due to injury?

Is Aboushi really that good? I just don't see a complete player and more of an oher type bust potential

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCroUSAF View Post
    Couple questions. What are your thoughts on nico Johnson? He had a lot of expectation coming into this season and with mostly going back to school I figured his stock would rise.

Are there any late round type LT like last years Andrew Datko who only fell due to injury?

Is Aboushi really that good? I just don't see a complete player and more of an oher type bust potential
    Oher is far from a bust