Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Ayanbedjo released (?)

Quote Originally Posted by lance1086 View Post
    Haloti & Luke are correct. This move saves us $326.7K to be exact when you account for rule of 51, which AW & Matt Zenitz aren't accounting or.

As far as current cap space, we were 5.687M under before Huff (confirmed by BMoreRavor). Then 4.817M under the cap after Huff (5.687 - 1.350 + .480), and now 5.14M (4.817 + .807 - .480) under after the BA release.
    Those figures sound spot on to me. I have not updated my spreadsheet to reflect the exact Huff cap hit of $1.35. I just used a $1.5 million 2013 cap # estimate until I saw the specific structure of the contract. I think I'm still a bit off from Ravor's cap figure, but it's a very minimal amount. I checked all the player-by-player amounts and I think I have them all correct, but my total is still a small amount off, so I guess I have to go back and scrutinize it a bit more. I also want to check the Harewood contract to make sure I accounted for that correctly.

Blog Entries

The Baltimore Ravens got great value out of Brendan Ayanbadejo for years. However, even his special teams play was slipping last year. He couldn't even recover an onside kick sent right to him. He was caught out of his lane on multiple occasions. The block during the Super Bowl became the exception and not the rule. It was time to develop some fresher faces.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Sad to see these guys move on. Great Guy! I'm glad he was part of the ride and I'm glad he got to go out on a great note. Hope his kid does well too. And I hope he keeps fight for equality!

BA served the Ravens well but I think it was time for him to go. All part of the effort to make the team younger and faster. Many forget that BA is only a year younger than Ray Lewis. I was actually surprised the team brought him back last year. Good guy, good player, but time to move on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    BA served the Ravens well but I think it was time for him to go. All part of the effort to make the team younger and faster. Many forget that BA is only a year younger than Ray Lewis. I was actually surprised the team brought him back last year. Good guy, good player, but time to move on.
    IMO your post says it all. Many players never get to play as many seasons as BA, and get a Super Bowl ring to boot. I wish him well, but it's time to move on to younger players...just as he did years ago... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Those figures sound spot on to me. I have not updated my spreadsheet to reflect the exact Huff cap hit of $1.35. I just used a $1.5 million 2013 cap # estimate until I saw the specific structure of the contract. I think I'm still a bit off from Ravor's cap figure, but it's a very minimal amount. I checked all the player-by-player amounts and I think I have them all correct, but my total is still a small amount off, so I guess I have to go back and scrutinize it a bit more. I also want to check the Harewood contract to make sure I accounted for that correctly.
    Harewood should be 480K base + 320K signing bonus (1yr deal). Did you adjust Chris Johnson & James Ihedigbo's cap numbers to account for the min salary benefit?

Also, as posted in the other thread by BMore, Cap space is 4.140M, not 5.144M (as i posted) due to adding in the workout bonuses & Pollard counting a full 3.25M in dead money.

7. Re: Ayanbedjo released (?)

Acording to your link, our top 51 players represents 109,981,725. Also, we are carring 8, 131, 431 of dead money.

So our number is 118,113,156. Thats 4.88 million under de cap.

Ayanbadejo (806,666 of savings) will be susbtitute in our numbers by Nigel Carr (405,000). So we go from 4.88 to 5.28 mill of cap space

Blog Entries

BA was solid for years, but his play noticeably dropped off last year on STs and on the feild, dont care about how much cap savings (how little it is) but if he cant play at an NFL level what use is he?

He spent half of his 10 year pro career here in Baltimore as a quality ST player. He did fill in as needed as LB and the Ravens did keep him around long enough to get that SB ring. I don't know if he is gay or not, don't really care either, but it takes someone with a strong character to speak out for the rights of people most others just ignore. 10 years in the NFL is a long career no matter what position you play. Good luck in what ever career path you choose from here on out.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries
    It's official

@Ravens: #Ravens have officially released vested veteran LB Brendon Ayanbadejo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was ready for him to move on.

He's old, he's slow and he just isn't as valuable even on ST anymore.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I would think that this means they are either trying to cover their asses in regards to any backlash because of the political issue BA is involved in, or they needed to free up some cap space and intend on trying to bring him back for a lower salary after June 1st.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...on-ayanbadejo/