Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: "They Hate us!" mode in full swing.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This is why we have one of the most insecure fan bases in the league.

If you're looking for validation from a web site comment section then there's no hope for you.

That's more troubling than the fact you can't ascertain simple sarcasm from an obvious parody piece.
    Where did you get "insecure" from? Noticing that the media doesn't give the Ravens as much credit as they'd give another team for doing the same thing has nothing to do with insecurity. Use logic next time. It's not too hard. A 10th grader would've been able to figure out Flacco's throw to Jacoby was 59 yards, not 54, yet you spent 3 condescending pages blowing your horn about how it was clearly 54 and that suggesting it was 59 was idiotic.

I don't need any validation. I was saying after the 2011 AFCCG that Flacco was better than Brady, and that Evans/Cundiff just delayed the inevitable a year. I was right then, and I'm right now. Flacco plays at a level in the playoffs far, far superior to anything Brady could dream of. Flacco's current trajectory is going to blow Tom Brady out of the damn hemisphere.

Before the Giants game last year I predicted EVERYTHING that would happen in the playoffs. You know why? Because I use logic when I talk football, intensified logic. I don't look at a few variables, I don't look at "what the popular opinion is." I look at EVERYTHING. I don't get lost in Brady's pretty boy eyes, my attention goes to the fire-breathing dragon.

Yes, I like Joe Flacco. I bet money on him last year and I will again this year. You've gotta love 30-1.

I feel that ESPN is always gonna paint the Ravens as the heel. They frequently beat the golden boy franchises, like the Pats & Steelers, so they are always a worthy opponent. Somebody's gotta be the villain during a good story, and the Ravens are pretty compelling bad guy.... Nasty Defense with a lot Characters on it... Gritty Extremely Unsexy Offense with Vanilla QB running it. Oh well, so be it. I kinda view the Ravens as the current day Raiders in their 70s & early 80s heyday.

Blog Entries

It's hard sometimes not to buy into the "they hate us" mindset. I just watched an ESPN segment on the Flacco banners in Denver (I know- old news, but I'm overseas). ESPN had some former Iggles player talking about how horrible it is and how it's not Denver's fault "the Orioles wouldn't give up a home game."

Except that's crap. The NFL could have just as easily played the game on Wednes., and they don't mention Manning's ugly mug is on most of those offending posters as well. It's enough to make you think the only reason the NFL held the hard line on playing on Thursday- 'lest they lose that massive demographic of orthodox Jews!- was so they could spend the preceding days hyping Manning instead of the Super Bowl champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    You know these threads are coming.

There are still thousands of people who don't believe we landed on the moon and that there was a shooter on the grassy knoll.

Furthermore, hilarious to point out the comment sections at PFT...the fan commenters shit on every team after practically every article.
    No kidding. :word

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    Right. As if the game was over at that point. I feel the same way about the superbowl as well. Joe would have drove down the field on the 9ers.

Then you have the, "If Rice didn't make that 4th and 29, the Ravens don't make the playoffs!" crowd. So uninformed.
    If Lee Evans doesn't drop the ball, we'd have 3 Lombardi's instead of 2. Stupid is as stupid says.

Blog Entries

join the LOVE thread and you'll all feel better :happyanim

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

PAP brings up some very valid points and he did predict Flacco's run last year, with much scorn and accusations of purple koolaid drinking, blind homerism. Just saying.

I'll ask again. Why comment in a thread where the title specifically states what the thread is about. You could just as easily back out if it repulses you so much.

It is obvious to most fans that in the media the Ravens are almost treated as, "Yea but..." Champions, or not really deserving.

We all can agree to disagree about the respect thing but to post condescending comments in a thread to appear as if your opinion is the right one, is flat out silly. At least in my opinion.

The talking heads and fans of other teams will always play these games and question you because your team is one of the best in the league. You have consistent success and are one of the teams in the league that other fan bases envy because of it.

The media will do anything it can to take a jab and cause controversy and draw any attention to the champs. Take it with a grain of salt and be happy they are targeting you. If this is happening, your team is doing something right.

I'll ask again. Why comment in a thread where the title specifically states what the thread is about. You could just as easily back out if it repulses you so much.

It is obvious to most fans that in the media the Ravens are almost treated as, "Yea but..." Champions, or not really deserving.

We all can agree to disagree about the respect thing but to post condescending comments in a thread to appear as if your opinion is the right one, is flat out silly. At least in my opinion.
    Or ...

When you post a thread and the topic is as hot button as this one, you should expect push back.

This is a message board. ALL opinions are welcome, not just the ones you agree with. If you can't stand the flaming, re-think your position perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Or ...

When you post a thread and the topic is as hot button as this one, you should expect push back.

This is a message board. ALL opinions are welcome, not just the ones you agree with. If you can't stand the flaming, re-think your position perhaps?
    I'll state it another way. I hate fantasy football and think people who root for players on the opposite team to do well against the Ravens so it helps them are stupid. Therefore, I wouldn't go into a thread about fantasy football and try to enlighten them about their stupid ways because the argument wouldn't end. I would think I was right and they would think they were.

My point is, for people to come into this thread and attempt to convince me or anyone else that the Ravens aren't disrespeceted by the media and that we need to get over it, will lead them to carpal tunnel from excess tpyng. I believe what I believe.

I'll state it another way. I hate fantasy football and think people who root for players on the opposite team to do well against the Ravens so it helps them are stupid. Therefore, I wouldn't go into a thread about fantasy football and try to enlighten them about their stupid ways because the argument wouldn't end. I would think I was right and they would think they were.

My point is, for people to come into this thread and attempt to convince me or anyone else that the Ravens aren't disrespeceted by the media and that we need to get over it, will lead them to carpal tunnel from excess tpyng. I believe what I believe.
    So you basically said the same thing in a different way. So let me do the same.

If me and my buddies are sitting around having a beer, discussing .... oh I don't know .... the Ravens and one member of a ten person group says something kind of out of left field like .... of I don't know .... that the parody "What If" piece from the NFLN was a sign if overall disrespect from the media against the Ravens, they're going to get flamed for it. It's that simple.

And I am sorry you have bad expectations about message boards in general. YOU may practice the philosophy of only entering / contributing to threads you agree with but you're in the minority. The rest of us will give our $.02 on any thread that's started -- some will agree with you, some won't. Thus is the inherent nature of debates and message boards.