Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This feel worse than 2006?

2008 loss, even to the hated Steelers, was not as bad due to the fact it was a surprise that the Ravens even got there. Still stung like hell though.

But this... the way you lost... feels similar to the loss to the Colts in 2006. You knew the Ravens had it in their hands... and it got snatched away.

Colts may be worse in the fact of it was the Colts and the Ravens were at home... but this was one step ahead in the playoffs. Conference.

It hurts.

Re: This feel worse than 2006?

Not to me. We were flat out miserable in that game. This was a great effort in a situation where we weren't given much of a chance, and we nearly pulled it out.

But yes, painful.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

This one definately hurts given what was at stake and how close we were to pulling this out. It's frustrating to once again get beat by Brady. Dude has our number.

Yes. I'm not entirely sure it feels worse than last year - both games we should have won. But this was a drop away from a Super Bowl.

This one hurts more...we were a drop in the end zone away from the Super Bowl...and the last 3 plays were just mental midget plays...it was right there for us and we once again in the playoffs gave it away.

Right now, it's worse than 2006. We were almost a couple of plays from the Super Bowl. Give me some time to think about it, though.
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present

This was a great run. The Ravens had a great season and a great post season. They beat teams they weren't supposed to while losing to teams they should have easily beat (the downside of the season) and made it back to the AFC Championship game. Joe Flacco threw 2 TDs and "the great" Tom Brady didn't throw for 1. The Ravens O should have gotten a DPI call against the Patriots during that last pass Flacco threw, but the refs conveniently missed that one, which would have given the Ravens O one last shot at a score and taking the game out of Cundiffs hands. Lastly Billy Cundiff should not be given too much grief for the missed FG, it did look like a hurried snap that didn't get set properly for the kicker to be most accurate. This didn't hurt at all, unless Ed Reed and Ray Lewis retire then this game will hurt horribly bad.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    2008 loss, even to the hated Steelers, was not as bad due to the fact it was a surprise that the Ravens even got there. Still stung like hell though.

But this... the way you lost... feels similar to the loss to the Colts in 2006. You knew the Ravens had it in their hands... and it got snatched away.

Colts may be worse in the fact of it was the Colts and the Ravens were at home... but this was one step ahead in the playoffs. Conference.

It hurts.
    After the sting of the sudden-death loss evaporates, there will be a lot to be proud for from this game. Nobody thought Joe Flacco could outplay Tom Brady. Nobody thought the Ravens D could hold Brady without a TD pass. This game COULD have gone either way, we know it, they know it.

I believe they will bring everyone back, with a couple of key additions and subtractions, and do this again next year, with a better outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    This one hurts more...we were a drop in the end zone away from the Super Bowl...and the last 3 plays were just mental midget plays...it was right there for us and we once again in the playoffs gave it away.
    Yup.

2006 was anger.

Today was shock and disbelief. It was so sudden. 2006 was a slow, painful death.

I literally almost lost control and definitely felt like I was gonna puke today. I feel like I've been through a 12 round boxing match. Could probably sleep till Wednesday.

PP

Blog Entries

2006 was a lot worse than this, not the least part of which who we lost to then.

The Ravens played well. They were a Lee Evans hold-on-to-it from going to the Super Bowl. Cundiff's miss was a shocker, but Evans getting stripped cost us the game.

I think the Flacco haters should all apologize to Flacco. Had it been based on his play, we would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    It's frustrating to once again get beat by Brady. Dude has our number.
    Statements like this prove why QBs get way too much credit for a win and way too much blame for a loss.

Dude had two INTs, badly missed Gronkowski for a TD, missed several other throws, and honestly didn't come through in the clutch on their third down play. He was severely outplayed by a guy people seem to revel in comparing to Mark Sanchez (an obviously erroneous comparison, by the way).

Brady NEVER plays well when he plays us. Patriot victories that occur with him at the helm are often of the Ravens-shoot-selves-in-foot-once-again variety. I'm not saying he doesn't play a role in their wins over us, or that 7-1 all time is meaningless, but dude, this "Brady owns us" shit has got to stop. We always play him well, he typically looks like crap against us, and if not for a drop we own him in his own place today. Don't be a talking head.

(Sorry to go off on you. I think I've been talking to too many Cheatriot fans.)

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Cundiff's miss was a shocker
    Sadly, I wasn't shocked.