Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Why I'm rooting for the Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by 73doubledown73 View Post
    i am too! f' it. "To be the man, you gotta beat the man!" WHOOOOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...9UXoKU2s#t=41s

Woooooooooooo

Blog Entries

I take them one at a time, so I'd like for the Texans to beat the Bengals (no matter what else happens). I do not believe the Texans stand a ghost of a chance in Baltimore on January 15th. Then we can deal with whoever else is left (Steelers in Baltimore or Pats in N.E.)... Bc

Americanmade2012 Guest

I will just say this much and it is a big what if but The STEELERS should beat Tebow, then say they go to N.E. and beat them. If by chance they beat us at Baltimore they don't stand a chance in the superbowl because with those three defenses beating up on ben's ankle Id be surprise if he could walk because I feel if we play them again we will break his damn ankle.

I want Pitt to go to New England because even if they can't beat Brady, we know they'll bruise him and the rest of his team.

I remember reading a couple years ago that teams who played Pitt and Baltimore had terrible records in their games the next week because of the hurting we put on them.

Hope that's true.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369048,-76.761205
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

I'm only rooting for Pittsburgh if Houston has already won. If Cincy wins, they're going to NE, so we might as well beat up on Denver rather than have a knock down drag out with Pittsburgh. Then we'll be in good shape to either go to NE or play Cincy at home in the unlikely event they win.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    Ok, I seriously doubt the Steelers beat NE this time. Keep these things in mind:
    1. They were much healthier when they played the Patriots. It was in October and it was a home game for them.
    2. Ben is still "hurt" and has not played well in all of December. That win over the horrid Rams was due to Batch and again it was a home game.
    3. Denver has a good Defense and will tee off on Ben like they did to Sanchez (is the Jets Oline any better/worst?). So even if the the Steelers pull off the win, Ben will probably be further hurt or theyll lose some other crucial players on Defense or Offense.
    The Patriots defense is bad. Even a hobbled Ben should be able to hang 24 on them, Redman will be able to trample them, and I don't see that the Patriots have the players to change their attack against the Steelers' defense. They're pretty much stuck running the short stuff that LeBeau stuffed earlier this year. Defensively, the Steelers aren't hurting that badly for this time of year.

I think Denver has a better shot of winning a home game against the Steelers than the Patriots do.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I'm only rooting for Pittsburgh if Houston has already won. If Cincy wins, they're going to NE, so we might as well beat up on Denver rather than have a knock down drag out with Pittsburgh. Then we'll be in good shape to either go to NE or play Cincy at home in the unlikely event they win.
    :word

Agreed. It all depends on what Houston does. If the Texans win, then I'm all for the Steelers winning on Sunday.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I want the Ravens to beat the Steelers three times in one season just to shut up the Steelers fans that gloated about the Steelers doing the same thing to the Ravens a couple of seasons ago.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    I want the Ravens to beat the Steelers three times in one season just to shut up the Steelers fans that gloated about the Steelers doing the same thing to the Ravens a couple of seasons ago.
    And you think that'll stop them from whining? I can just hear them running down all their injuries (real, imaginary, & played for the press) with a mouth full of Primanti fries & Linda Ronstadt singing "Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me" in the background...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    And you think that'll stop them from whining? I can just hear them running down all their injuries (real, imaginary, & played for the press) with a mouth full of Primanti fries & Linda Ronstadt singing "Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me" in the background...
    Oh, the Steelers fans I know will whine. I'll throw their comments about the '08 game (where Gaither, Mason, and Suggs all played with one arm) back in their teeth! LOL!

I soooo want a three game sweep...

Honestly, I don't worry about Pittsburgh coming here. I would like them to win if Houston wins though, so that they would beat up on the Pats a little, even though I think the Pats will lay waste to them.

Pittsburgh's offense is nearly as anemic as the Bronco's is right now. I hold little hope of the Ravens actually hosting the AFCC.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    :word

Agreed. It all depends on what Houston does. If the Texans win, then I'm all for the Steelers winning on Sunday.
    That's where I am.

Of the 3 possible 1/15 opponents, I'd project spreads something like:

Pit: Ravens -4 (This may even be a little light, I could see -5)
    Hou: Ravens -6.5
    Den: Ravens -11.5

Of the 4 possible 1/22 games, without further injury knowledge, I'd estimate:

Pit: Ravens -3 (it would be less for this game with the Ravens not coming off a bye week)
    Cin: Ravens -7.5
    Den: Ravens -10
    NE: Ravens +3
    Last edited by Filmstudy; 01-06-2012 at 12:18 AM.