Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

2 more years of Joe Flacco

Is what I'm expecting. Dead money would be just 8m and he's slated to make a ridiculous amount if we keep him after that at the ripe old age of 35. He turns 33 this month and will be 35 by the end of the 2019 season... and drafting one in the first round may even light a flame under his belly for his final 2 years as a Raven which I hope end with a ring.

Some scenarios:

I'm expecting the Giants and Broncos to for sure draft a QB before us. Maybe a few others.. but if it's just them we're likely looking at

Josh Allen, Wyoming
    Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma

Even if Cleveland takes yet another QB, we'll have one of those two available

Which one would you be more interested in and are you onboard with finding Joes successor?

And please don't say we should draft a QB in a later round either because very rarely do those pan out.

Or even more hilariously, suggest that we should hang onto Joes embarrassing contract past 2020.

Blog Entries

Re: 2 more years of Joe Flacco

Didn't you already basically make this same thread?

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Didn't you already basically make this same thread?
    So anyways,

Some updated mock drafts even have us taking a quarterback now. Thoughts?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    So anyways,

You gonna make a thread for replacing weddle and mosley?

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    You gonna make a thread for replacing weddle and mosley?
    Dean Pees was the biggest issue and he's gone now. The talent on defense needs strong new leadership to develop what we already have.

2018 needs a strong emphasis on OFFENSE

Blog Entries

So anyways,

I don’t think the first round is the right spot as of yet. I’d still draft a mid round guy for a backup. If the wheels fall off next year you’ll see both John and Joe gone (was kinda hoping Harbaugh would be gone today but doesn’t look like thats happening) and they’ll have a high pick to go in on a new QB. Preferably we invest in some offense this summer and Joe has a great year and leads us to a Super Bowl and we don’t need to think about this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    I don’t think the first round is the right spot as of yet. I’d still draft a mid round guy for a backup. If the wheels fall off next year you’ll see both John and Joe gone (was kinda hoping Harbaugh would be gone today but doesn’t look like thats happening) and they’ll have a high pick to go in on a new QB. Preferably we invest in some offense this summer and Joe has a great year and leads us to a Super Bowl and we don’t need to think about this stuff.
    I'd rather not root for us to have a terrible season and a high draft pick.

Blog Entries

I'd rather not root for us to have a terrible season and a high draft pick.
    Why would you want to do that

Of those 2 guys I’d take Allen. To me he’s the better pro prospect. I’d still rather wait till a later round 2-4th to grab one. Joe’s here till ‘20 at least ...I’m for grabbing a young guy now. But we have soo many needs that I’d hate to use a 1st or 2nd on a guy to just sit baring injury. I really like WSU’s Luke Falk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or even more hilariously, suggest that we should hang onto Joes embarrassing contract past 2020.
    As long as Hoe remains relatively healthy and wants to play: of course the Ravens will restructure his contract by 2020. Read it and weep!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Is what I'm expecting. Dead money would be just 8m and he's slated to make a ridiculous amount if we keep him after that at the ripe old age of 35. He turns 33 this month and will be 35 by the end of the 2019 season... and drafting one in the first round may even light a flame under his belly for his final 2 years as a Raven which I hope end with a ring.

Some scenarios:

I'm expecting the Giants and Broncos to for sure draft a QB before us. Maybe a few others.. but if it's just them we're likely looking at

Josh Allen, Wyoming
    Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma

Even if Cleveland takes yet another QB, we'll have one of those two available

Which one would you be more interested in and are you onboard with finding Joes successor?

And please don't say we should draft a QB in a later round either because very rarely do those pan out.

I like Mayfield a lot more but he doesn't seem like a Ravens kind of QB at all. He's small and more touch than strength but those Russell Wilson comparisons are for real. Kyle Shanahan would get a lot out of Mayfield. The Ravens would have to revise how they view offense.

I think Flacco would really be more of a mope if they drafted his eventual replacement. Maybe he would play better knowing someone is breathing down his neck. If he doesn't like it that's tough. Either way they have to step up the backup role, and get a player that is a qualified starter, or was drafted to be one.