Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: OT - Trip to Baltimore for Ravens/Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    No I'm in North Carolina. I was asking cause I work for a company on the Canadian side, just curios was all.
    My search for fellow Canadians continues lol
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I travel back to Baltimore often and always stay at the hotels in Harbor East -- Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, Courtyard Marriott.

Always affordable and puts you right in the middle of everything -- Fells Point is a short walk east, stadiums are a short walk west, harbor is two blocks away, great restaurants within blocks of one another in and around Harbor East and Little Italy, etc.

I'd stay away from the harbor. Very touristy and not as fun as the neighborhoods (i.e. Fells, Canton, Mt Vernon, etc)

I disagree with Losac's comment about transportation. The Charm City Circulator will take you within blocks of the stadium complex if you're not up for the walk. It's free, reliable and runs late at night.
    I like this idea. Especially because I will be there for the Saturday night. Thanks Houston!
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I like this idea. Especially because I will be there for the Saturday night. Thanks Houston!
    Your welcome. I think you'll find this thread to be very helpful. Everyone here loves giving their Bmore advice.

I have many friends who run / own many of the best bars and restaurants in Fells Point, Little Italy and Harbor East if you want recommendations based on your tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Your welcome. I think you'll find this thread to be very helpful. Everyone here loves giving their Bmore advice.

I have many friends who run / own many of the best bars and restaurants in Fells Point, Little Italy and Harbor East if you want recommendations based on your tastes.
    Your advice on Fells Point (with the chill atomposphere) sounds more my style. I've heard good things about that area from others as well
    - Ray Lewis

Hmmm, never used the Charm City Circulator before, but I'd defer to Houston or anyone else who has on its reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Hmmm, never used the Charm City Circulator before, but I'd defer to Houston or anyone else who has on its reliability.
    I was skeptical but its really a good deal. It's one thing the city does well.

What you didn't state was how long you will visit and what interests you have outside of football and bars. We tell visitors to plan at least two solid days for Baltimore proper, or a week for all Maryland (mountains to Ocean City), or 10 days if DC is included. We recently had a good discussion with a Packers fan who plans to visit for the Ravens Packers game -- look it up for a lot of good info.

One suggestion by which you may appreciate the differences in how we each were brought up: go the the Fort McHenry Visitor Center to hear our slanted perspective of "winning" the war of 1812 against the Canadians and Limeys. Subsequently, go to the visitor's center at Ft York to hear about the American invasion of Ontario from a totally opposite slant.

btw: as to your running into other Ravens fans from Ontario: about a dozen years ago, we were at a pub in downtown Ottawa, running into some locals who professed to be Ravens fans; of course, this was a year or two post SB 35, when bandwagoners were fairly prevalent. Also, at the Ravens - Bills game about 6 years or so ago, we were literally surrounded by Canucks at the Orchard Park tailgating area. Obviously most were Bills fans (y'all make up a purported 1/3rd of the Bills' fan base); however, standing by the car next to ours were Ravens fans from Ontario
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites just off the harbour when I came over in 2011, which was a great location as you're pretty much in the middle between Fells and Fed Hill. It wasn't too expensive either.

I can also vouch for the Charm City Circulator- it was great for someone who doesn't know the city and is free to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    I stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites just off the harbour when I came over in 2011, which was a great location as you're pretty much in the middle between Fells and Fed Hill. It wasn't too expensive either.

I can also vouch for the Charm City Circulator- it was great for someone who doesn't know the city and is free to use.
    Thanks Ravenblue!
    - Ray Lewis