Page 115 of 123 FirstFirst ... 113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,369 to 1,380 of 1468

Re: Week 2 Game Thread

Bottomline is way have alot of issues... But, I think this team could be better than last year's team when it's all said and done... FYI the Eagles have one of the best teams in the NFL... If you're gonna lose to a team ON THE ROAD, let it be a good team... It also doesn't help when you're playing against the refs too
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

2. Re: Week 2 Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    It wasn't just on Joe, though. The D was awful. The Ravens D of old would've held that lead. Instead, it was like being a matador at times.

To lose despite being +2 on turnover front is shocking. Both phases should hang their heads.

The ST are the only phase to come out with any credit.

That said... it is still only September and lost on the road to a decent NFC team. If you have to take any bitter losses, that's the least worst formula.

As I said in both games the Defense has been both vanilla and unimaginative. Your missing your best pass rusher in Suggs and you do nothing at all exotic in two games to create pressure????

On third down in both games Pees seems content to rush 3 or 4 and give the QB all friggin day to pick the defense apart. Unbelievable
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    receivers can't get separation if they're being grabbed, bumped & held every time they start to get open. And the officials don't call it.

Somehow though, Cam still thought that throwing the ball on 3rd & short again and again and again...was the answer.

And it was.

To causing several straight 3 & outs.
    And wearing out our defense in the process.

Apparently after being in the league for a decade, Cam still hasn't grasped the concept of Time of Possesion. Or its significance.

Perhaps Harbaugh or Caldwell can explain it to him.
    Harbaugh don't know shit about offense or defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    I really do hate Cam Cameron. Why go away so dramatically from worked so well last week. Knowing how clever Cameron thinks he is, I can only assume that he thought that 'it worked so well last week, so it's what the Eagles will be expecting...'. Well it was exactly what the Bengals were expecting and it was still unstoppable!

Honourable mention to the 'officials'. Maybe they'll use the time before their next game to learn the difference between Illegal Contact and Pass Interference...
    What worked last week wasn't working. But you know what was working? Ray Rice was working and by the time we started getting him the ball Philly realized he was their only fucking threat and took him away.

Poor Qb play and sporadic oline play cost us a winnable game.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

True the coaching was bad
    the stupid challenge
    the bad play calling

Flacco sucked

but in the end....the Scabs fucked us. Jacoby didn't push off and that was clearly, clearly intentional grounding on Mike "the pick" Vick

The NFL is now a JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    The offense is the problem with the Ravens. Still. The defense was put in a bad spot by the offense not being able to keep the ball in the second half. Eagles had the ball over 34 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'm sorry, that was an awful job by Flacco.

2-7 on that drive.

Only 2 of those had a fucking chance.

I don't know what Cam was calling and Joe just looked like was in a complete fog the entire second half.

Why we were throwing those jump balls into double and triple coverage on that last drive...throws that had NO shot at all of being completions is beyond me.

On those drives, you have to take what the defense gives you...you don't force 30 yard passes into double coverage...that is a waste of a down, waste of time.

Just awful.

I really...REALLY though Joe would get us down the field there. To not even cross midfield and only one first down?

I'm totally pissed off at this game and Cam/Joe this half...just a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    But, but he's sick or hurt. Something is wrong with him. :grbac:
    Are you guys serious? The defense gave up over 500 yards, 50% on 3rd and 4th downs, over 10 yards per passing attempt. They let Michael Vick do whatever he pleased the entire game, and collected a few lucky turnovers to limit the damage to 24 instead of 44. You can't absolve the defense of the egg they laid today.

The offense was bad. Flacco was bad, but he is not the reason we lost this game. It was a total team loss where our OL (outside of perhaps Yanda) looked like 5 big guys plucked off the street, our WRs looked like they were running in slow motion, and our OC forgot how to call a winning game.

I know the fun narrative will be "it's all Flacco's fault," but that's absolutely idiotic. The only players who deserved their pay today were Rice and Tucker

8. Re: Week 2 Game Thread

Can't remember the last time I was this frustrated after a loss. Offense looked liked crap, same old whackiness. Where the hell is Boldin, Smith? I know they have some good CB's but even Jones was beating Nnamdi. Joe could not take the rush as well. They may not have had many sacks, but Joe was flustered all game long and again, late, they just looked like they didn't want to be there.

Defense did what it could. Losing Pollard was a big emotional blow IMHO. I thought both OLB's played a heck of a game, but the rush was so damn vanilla. 3 man rushes killed us all game.

It's just awful. You know the Ravens are the better team, you know Philly should most likely be 0-2 yet they're not and the Ravens are now 1-1. I do truly believe we're a better team, but they looked horrific in the 2nd half. They laid down and got outplayed.

9. Re: Week 2 Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    receivers can't get separation if they're being grabbed, bumped & held every time they start to get open. And the officials don't call it.

Somehow though, Cam still thought that throwing the ball on 3rd & short again and again and again...was the answer.

And it was.

To causing several straight 3 & outs.
    And wearing out our defense in the process.

Apparently after being in the league for a decade, Cam still hasn't grasped the concept of Time of Possesion. Or its significance.

Perhaps Harbaugh or Caldwell can explain it to him.
    Exactly you have one of the best RB in the NFL and you line up in a SHOTGUN over and over on 3 and short.....really>????? The eagles did not even have to worry bout the run cause they knew it was not coming like everyone else watching the game....Pathetic
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Bad non-TD call by the refs lost us this game.

And so did this D.

Granted, offense didn't play as well 2nd half. But they did enough and the D couldn't close the deal.

We face an angry Pats next week, and have a real chance of going 1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I know your being sarcastic but it's the same ol fucking Joe. Looks like he can be a hall of famer one week and the next week he looks like a fucking rookie. This what we should continue to expect from him. Heath Evans and Skip Bayless are going to shred him and he deserves it. Shut your fucking mouth and put up Joe.
    What do you mean???

He threw a TD to Jacoby. Played bad before that but that non-TD should've sealed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    everyone is going to blame joe but you have to have a receivers who can get any kind of seperation.
    I'm pretty sure Smith and Jones were getting sep....when they werent getting held, which may have been not often. Otherwise, Joe's deep ball accuracy is awful. It ALWAYS has been.

From my SGIII
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

12. Re: Week 2 Game Thread

All you guys who are so down on Joe are ignoring two important facts.

1. His receivers were being interfered with to a ridiculous degree. The refs never called it.
    They only called illegal contact a couple of times and those should have been pass interference calls.

2. He probably had the game winning TD which was called back on a miscalled "offensive pass interference" call. The announcers indicated they didn't see it and I didn't see it either.