Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: I hope we miss that playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Yes it does. 4 picks higher, through 7 rounds? Absolutely.
    If there's one thing I don't get, it's the whole "Suck for (Insert Draft Pick Here)" mentality.

Not even if it's a Number One pick. But especially if it's for a freaking #18 pick.

You don't do that to your team. You don't will them to lose. You pull that sort of shit, you might as well burn your jerseys and watch something else on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    In 2012, if Lee Evans had held on to the pass, we would have gone to the Super Bowl with Cam Cameron as our OC. You contend that we could not go to the Super Bowl with Cam Cameron as our OC.

Ergo, Cam Cameron was the reason Lee Evans did not catch the pass. I'd be interested to know the physics behind that cause/effect relationship.
    Cause and effect relationships are not static.

We were not headed to the SB last year with Cam as our OC.

Really? So there is no value to picking 4 picks higher in the draft? Just sheer logic does not tell you that?
    No. Sometimes you have to come up with the evidence. On paper you could make the arguement but what's the reality? Bring the evidence. Burden of proof is on you since you chose to make a blanket statement. There's no proof that an 18th pick is always better than say the 25th pick. The only thing it proves is that the 18th pick is 7 picks higher, nothing more, nothing less.

Blog Entries

I don't think he's trolling. I think he sees that a Ravens playoff appearance will give Harbaugh more fuel to say, 'See, it can work, we just need to make a tweak here and there', and he will have the front office's support. To me that part is very understandable, because we can all see it happening. However, what the OP also sees that some don't, is that Joe's run last year was a once or twice in a lifetime type run. Some posters think that because they saw one of those two times, it justifies their offensive philosophy, where the QB went off, in spite of the offense not being built around him.

That's where I think people are being fooled.

Now, we can all agree or disagree as to whether or not an 8-8 season will make a difference.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post

I feel like I'm repeating myself with each post. Never did I indicate that the team needs to be blown up. However I full believe these team needs changes in terms of offensive and defensive philosophy. I actually think this is less a personal direction issue and more a OC/DC direction issue.
    It doesn't matter if it's personnel or coaching. Just missing the playoffs won't be enough for Harbaugh to start firing coordinators. Hopefully he address this terrible decision to go with 2 o-line coaches but I'm not sure he will.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    No. Sometimes you have to come up with the evidence. On paper you could make the arguement but what's the reality? Bring the evidence. Burden of proof is on you since you chose to make a blanket statement. There's no proof that an 18th pick is always better than say the 25th pick. The only thing it proves is that the 18th pick is 7 picks higher, nothing more, nothing less.
    If you are not going to believe, then nothing I post will make it so.
    But SHEER LOGIC dictates that to maximize your opportunity to pick the best player, picking earlier is better than picking later. You simply have that many more players to choose from. Plus, you expand that out for the whole draft, it works as a multiplier.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I don't think he's trolling. I think he sees that a Ravens playoff appearance will give Harbaugh more fuel to say, 'See, it can work, we just need to make a tweak here and there', and he will have the front office's support. To me that part is very understandable, because we can all see it happening. However, what the OP also sees that some don't, is that Joe's run last year was a once or twice in a lifetime type run. Some posters think that because they saw one of those two times, it justifies their offensive philosophy, where the QB went off, in spite of the offense not being built around him.

Now, we can all agree or disagree as to whether or not an 8-8 season will make a difference.
    Not making the playoffs at 8-8 or 9-7 isn't going to force any significant changes at this juncture.

But SHEER LOGIC dictates that to maximize your opportunity to pick the best player, picking earlier is better than picking later. You simply have that many more players to choose from. Plus, you expand that out for the whole draft, it works as a multiplier.
    I guess we'll agree to disagree. Logic should also teach us that having a higher pick doesn't necessarily mean you're getting the best player especially if we're talking about picks in bottom half of each round.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

The Ravens did more than "tweak" the team in the off-season after their Super Bowl. Anybody remember those Ravens "2013 team picture" jokes that showed Suggs, Flacco and Harbaugh on an empty set of bleachers?

Even with yesterday's debacle, the defense is not as bad as where it was last year. That, rightly imo, is where the focus of the off-season needed to go. It is disappointing that the offense has regressed (due to key injuries, bad play and bad coaching, combined).

Relative spots matter here. There's a big difference between the third pick and the seventh pick, but once you get to the back end of the first round I don't think four spots is a huge gap by any means. And once you get to the late second round teams trade around willy nilly to get the players they want.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brien Jackson View Post
    Not making the playoffs at 8-8 or 9-7 isn't going to force any significant changes at this juncture.
    My gut says you are right, my heart wants to be able to say otherwise.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    Cause and effect relationships are not static.

We were not headed to the SB last year with Cam as our OC.
    I misunderstood. So Cam WAS good enough to get us to the SB in 2011; just not in 2012.
    "Chin up, chest out."