Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: The National media is OBSESSED since we won the Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Did Ray sack Boomer too hard at some point?
    Boomer has hated the Ravens since 2000, after the game with the Bengals where we supposedly "ran up" the score against his good friend Bruce Coslet. He went on a massive tirade in the post game show about Billick and the Ravens. Since then he's pretty much hated us and can't let it go.

Blog Entries

My son and I were discussing the fact that every time I turn on ESPN, NFLNetwork, etc. they're talking about the Ravens. Kind of odd...

Most of it's positive, IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    You guys are missing my point. Yes, Cary violated the No Touch rule on officials.

My thread is about the media still complaining 8 days later. It's like this constant drone of nonsense about Cary Williams, holding in the end zone, and Ray must be guilty after all these years..
    I hear ya. It's all the side stories that really don't matter. Some, not all, are talking about things after the whistle that should have happened and not the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    My son and I were discussing the fact that every time I turn on ESPN, NFLNetwork, etc. they're talking about the Ravens. Kind of odd...

Most of it's positive, IMO
    Agreed.

Very few, IMO, are griping about the Ravens. I'd say 90% has been very positive even a week later.

Blog Entries

maybe ive just been too busy but outside hearing about Flaccos contract I havent heard much at all media wise good or bad. Id actually say its been pretty low key if anything as far as previous SB winners getting a full week of celebration, highlights parades and praise which may be another slight.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    You guys are missing my point. Yes, Cary violated the No Touch rule on officials.

My thread is about the media still complaining 8 days later. It's like this constant drone of nonsense about Cary Williams, holding in the end zone, and Ray must be guilty after all these years..
    I here ya'. You know what I noticed though... that the anti Ravens stuff is usually the same ol' shit, but they same ol' people... and they are kind of all going of the deep end and sounding unprofessional at this point. There is some good stuff though. NFL Network guys are usually very good. But I do notice that the Post Superbowl hype has really continued and continued... was it that huge of a game? Or are we just paying attention more because we are Ravens fans? Maybe they talked just as long about the Giants last year... maybe I just turned it off because I didn't care.

And... the media feeds on controversy... The whole Flacco contract is breeding controversy. It's a perfect story creating a superstorm.

Okay. Dumb question but exactly where does Peter King MMQ blog reside now? I think cnnsports has changed to the Bleacher report?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    King's take yesterday on Flacco is silly. He, like the other members of the football media, need something to write about and players whose contracts are about to expire are their focus right now.

He's right though about Williams, IMO. Williams should have been ejected and it sets a terrible precedent that he's not getting fined and / or suspended. You simply cannot touch a ref. Period. It's all well and good he didn't know that was a ref he was shoving, but that's a mitigating factor once punishment is handed down.
    Then by that case Ngata should have been ejected also for picking up and pulling Booger out of the pile from getting destroyed. By what you said above underlined.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Okay. Dumb question but exactly where does Peter King MMQ blog reside now? I think cnnsports has changed to the Bleacher report?
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...?sct=uk_t11_a0
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Very lazy reporting by King. The quotes he referenced were made in response to releasing older veterans like they did with Heap, Mason, and Gregg a couple years back. They had nothing to do with the Flacco negotiations, a franchise QB in his prime. He's putting 2 & 2 together and getting 10. I emailed him and told him as much. Just terrible reporting, and not up to his usual standards (I generally like reading his work).

As for Boomer, fuck him. The courtroom transcripts are public record. If he has an issue, he should read it (I'd bet he never has) and point out any issues he may have with the testimony. But he won't because he's fucking lazy.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    As for Boomer, fuck him. The courtroom transcripts are public record. If he has an issue, he should read it (I'd bet he never has) and point out any issues he may have with the testimony. But he won't because he's fucking lazy.
    He thinks being controversial will save his job, which he's lousy at. It's time for CBS to take out the trash.

I agree that Williams should get fined, since it's too late to do anything else.
    As for the Ray Lewis incident, I gave up trying to defend what did or didn't happen 3-4 years ago. Haters are going to hate, and idiots just aren't going to allow themselves to be educated. Anyone who perpetrated such a heinous act could not go 10 or more years without committing another similar act, Steelers fans love when I say, look at Ben Roethlisberger.