Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Was Suggs really playing basketball, after all?

Mike B put the finger on it. An athlete playing sports in the off-season should hardly be considered a dangerous activity. Now other shit like motorcycle w/o helmet etc should be considered out of bounds (no pun) IMO. I was surprised by the ESPN article only because of the timing. I never thought the Ravens would go after Sizzle for $, they simply don't roll like that.

The Ravens are a class act.....always have been. Nothing to see here folks.

Things happen.

Prohibiting a player from playing basketball in the off season makes as much sense as prohibiting a player from using the stairs in the middle of the night.

This is a non-story. A first class organization with a first class state of the art training facility that includes a basketball court won't withold any money from Suggs regardless of this latest revelation.

Blog Entries

I agree that this is a non-story. Accidents happen. At least he was doing something active and he wasn't crashing a motorcycle in a parking lot being a dumbass on it or something.

All the Ravens care about is getting him healthy and trying to get him out on the field this year.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Who gives a shit.
    PFT seems to. They kept on printing how the Ravens could take away money from Suggs if they wanted to when clearly they never would.

Couldn't care less. And I understand if he tried to keep it quiet, since the media and some ppl would (and are) being stupid about it. It's not like he was doing something crazy like basejumping or cave diving.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I'm of the firm belief that players should be sealed in carbonite at season's end and held under Jabba's palace until the start of training camp.

Blog Entries

Isn't playing basketball prohibited in the CBA? If so, why have it in there if you are not going to enforce that ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Isn't playing basketball prohibited in the CBA? If so, why have it in there if you are not going to enforce that ban?
    I seriously doubt it. If so does that mean the ravens have to rip out their basketball court?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I seriously doubt it. If so does that mean the ravens have to rip out their basketball court?
    I think the ban applies to playing basketball outside of team facilities. I think it is a stupid ban, but I have heard it referred to several times as being in the CBA.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    PFT seems to. They kept on printing how the Ravens could take away money from Suggs if they wanted to when clearly they never would.
    The story is that they CAN, not that they WILL.

I'd rather him risk injury playing basketball, then come to camp out of shape like a few years ago when it took him most of the season to get into shape.
    Basketball, IMO, is great cardio exercise that is interesting and FUN, so it encourages longer, harder workouts then a stationary bike and the like. True it is higher impact with some risk of injury, but who cares. We are talking abotu world class athletes who presumably have good balance, stretchign habits and some talent and ability to play general sports.

bad luck, that's it.
    I still say that unless the CBA prohibits it they should take away what salary then can, and have Stevie B pay him to "headhunt' for him in the interim, half a mil a week or whatever he would have been paid... I'm sure hte CBA does prohibit it, so just leavve him alone and let him rehab.

Blog Entries

PFT and ESPN are trying to drum up a story. That's all it is. Injuries can happen doing anything. It was just bad luck for Suggs and the Ravens. I know everyone remembers Welker and Andre Johnson blowing out their ACL's without being touched.