The Return of the Byrne Identity

Another great read and just a few more reasons to be a proud member of Raven nation!

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...#commentSystem

Blog Entries

Re: The Return of the Byrne Identity

Good stuff. I'd like to see a bigger story on the fans that got the tickets. I heard the mom call into 105.7 right after the Super Bowl and recount the story, then we got video of it a week or so later. Just a great moment where Steve B proves again and again how great an owner he is. Not to steer this to Orioles stuff, but it's just the type of move I can't see Peter Angelos making. Wish the Angelos family would take some pointers on the owner next door...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Good stuff. I'd like to see a bigger story on the fans that got the tickets. I heard the mom call into 105.7 right after the Super Bowl and recount the story, then we got video of it a week or so later. Just a great moment where Steve B proves again and again how great an owner he is. Not to steer this to Orioles stuff, but it's just the type of move I can't see Peter Angelos making. Wish the Angelos family would take some pointers on the owner next door...
    I just wish Steve could do a hostile takeover of the Orioles.....sigh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I just wish Steve could do a hostile takeover of the Orioles.....sigh
    He already said he'd never get into baseball anyway.

I don't have any hopes for Peter...but maybe his son will be better? John Angelos, EVP.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

He already said he'd never get into baseball anyway.

I don't have any hopes for Peter...but maybe his son will be better? John Angelos, EVP.
    Louis Angelos, not John, has been active as the face of ownership the past couple years and he at least seems like he gets it. He was at all of the statue unveilings last year.

Good stuff. I'd like to see a bigger story on the fans that got the tickets. I heard the mom call into 105.7 right after the Super Bowl and recount the story, then we got video of it a week or so later. Just a great moment where Steve B proves again and again how great an owner he is.
    Yes, that was our newbie road tripper Deb, who posted the story here just a few days after the Super Bowl:

Quote Originally Posted by debwse View Post
    Now for the amazing part! We met Steve Bisciotti!!!! We were hanging out at the Hilton hoping to glimpse a few players getting onto the buses and instead out walked Mr. Bisciotti. We started yelling and cheering and he came over and spoke with my daughter and my son and asked how we got here this and that and we told him we drove 24 hr straight in RV and we didn't have tix but we came anyway. He asked my son actually if he was going to the game and my son replies no, but we wanted to but couldn't afford the tickets. Mr. Bisciotti replied...."Well now you do"...he handed my son TWO SUPER BOWL TICKETS! We went ballistic! The video is on youtube under Steve Bisciotti Super Bowl 47--someone in the crowd posted it for me. I will try and put it on here if it's possible. On the way driving home yesterday I called into 105.7 The Fan and told our story. It was amazing! My 10 yr old son has never been to a game so his very first game he goes to Ravens Super Bowl AND THEY WIN!!!!

I just had to share this story with everyone here. I hope I can figure out how to put up the video on here. My fb is debbie fore if you want to friend request to see all the pictures and videos...
    Deb :-)

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).