Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Game thread- Baltimore @ Saint Louis (Pre season)

Has anyone seen Streeter? are we really going to IR the kid, lol?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poeboy View Post
    Let Curtis Painter show what he might have.
    Um... did you watch any Colts games last year? The dude started like half a season last year and it was horrible. The guy spent years caddying for Peyton Manning and couldn't even run the system he'd been practicing for his entire pro career. He ain't gonna come in here and run this one either.

Our next backup QB is, I believe, somebody who is not currently on the roster. They may keep Taylor for some kind of change of pace or gadget package or whatever, but I don't see it as a #2. He's got talent but he's too short -- throwing off the back foot and floating passes into traffic. His only hope is to get fearless like Brees -- just step up and fire, damn the pass rush. Took Vick years to get to that point. If Taylor doesn't adapt to that mentality, his career will be over soon. Which pains me to say, because I really like the guy and think he can play. But it's a lot like they said about Gabbert last year -- happy feet, won't last long. He came in this year like a rock, standing tall and firing. If Taylor gets that mentality he has a prayer. if he keeps on like this, it's over.
    Last edited by NC Raven; 08-30-2012 at 09:05 PM. Reason: clarify

Oh he's not on the 53 at all, my question was why now?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Backup QBs dont grow on trees. Matt moore? Honestly whos available or might be that youd feel comfortable with? Joe goes down were fucked so why invest in nothing?
    I'm a believer that the Ravens are one of the few teams that can survive if Flacco misses some time, so long as the guy they have backing him up is capable. Flacco is important, but this team has a bunch of talented players across the board. Matt Moore is a guy. David Garrard if he were to get cut. Trent Edwards? A guy who has won a game or two in the NFL as opposed to who they have now.

yay billy bagina

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Random Thoughts View Post
    Has anyone seen Streeter? are we really going to IR the kid, lol?
    Yeah, they're really going out of their way to sell that one.

I quarantee you that the Ravens will draft a quarterback next year - to be Flacco's backup

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    You can't evaluate any player running with the 2s and 3s. In reality, if a #1 player goes down, at least his backup is in with the 1s. Meaning he gets the best blocking, best timing, best everything -- regardless of position. He doesn't have to worry about anything but his own job. You really have to take each guy, individually, in practice, and plug him in with the 1s and see how he looks.

Running a team of 2s and 3s out there is mostly an exercise in pointlessness. You can't evaluate much. Sure you can see if linemen hold their blocks. You can see if RBs pick up blitzes. You can see if receivers run the right routes. That's about it. Oh, you can see if guys know how to line up right. But you can learn that from practice. This is probably about figuring out about that 9th lineman or that extra CB playing on ST's, and what not. Very little else to be learned here.
    Sorry, i was making a reactionary statement to one horrible possession. Fair points, but disagree that you can't evaluate backups against each other

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    I quarantee you that the Ravens will draft a quarterback next year - to be Flacco's backup
    I hope not in a late round. I will be shocked if we do, but I will definitely be glad. Pray that it will be a QB with height or a natural QB, please.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I'm a believer that the Ravens are one of the few teams that can survive if Flacco misses some time, so long as the guy they have backing him up is capable. Flacco is important, but this team has a bunch of talented players across the board. Matt Moore is a guy. David Garrard if he were to get cut. Trent Edwards? A guy who has won a game or two in the NFL as opposed to who they have now.
    i think we can win with taylor for a week or two, but any significant time were done. Moore garrard and edwards is intriguing, mostly garrard thiugh. Id prefer the back up to be older if were not grooming a young one.
    -JAB

can you believe the nfl charges fans for this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    can you believe the nfl charges fans for this crap.
    No